PDA

View Full Version : Mag valves and efficiency

Quickling
08-23-2003, 10:57 AM
sorry for the misspellings.

I am thinking of getting another mag, this would be my first mag since 1998. Basicly I am interested in the Y-grip and how tiny a mag setup can be made.

Since they can be made so tiny, I am curious how many shots do the mag valves get per 3000 psi tank? Its funny but this is all cocker guys talk about is shots per fill but mags never do. I honestly dont care, I will run my 13/3000 hpa tank anyway but I would like to know how many shots I should expect, and if this is variable depending on the style of valve.

(and if anyone wanted to bring up to speed on all the new valves since when I last had a mag there was only one style.. that would be great) :)

ZAust
08-23-2003, 01:11 PM
wait, a 13ci tank? i didnt even know those were made. anywho.. if it really is that small of tank, then i wouldnt expect to get more than 115, 120 shots off of it. as for what has happened with valves, agd came out with the retro vlve a couple years back. basically, this valve can handle higher rates of fire(not that the classic was incapable of firing anything you could throw at it), and it provides a reactive trigger. that is, it will "kick" the trigger back after each pull. the amoutn of kick will depend on the input pressure you run into your gun. in the past year or so, agd came out with the xvalve, which is an aluminum version of the retro. the operation and performance is exactly the same, except the xvalve comes stock with the level 10 bolt, which prevent any chops. there are other versions of the xvalve. these are just different engravings, including the emax and xmag valves. these have no difference in internals.

FalconGuy016
08-23-2003, 01:16 PM
RetroValve, RT valve, Xvalve, Emaxx valve, all the same in performance

Classic, 68Automag, and Minimag all the same in performance

RT valve has no shootdown, tested at 50 bps by AGD in an emag (with LX bolt), is reactive, and mixed with the ULE trigger can be very very very fast. 15 Ounces of pull! Thats only twice an electro trigger

IMHO, its a bit expensive for the performance jump from a stock valve, but if you think about it, you are basically buying the whole functioning part of the gun. If you can afford it, its quite neccessary to have :) And to cut the price, you can trade in a stock valve and get the xvalve for 225 from AGD, that is alluminum Retro Valve with Level 10 bolt!

Quickling
08-23-2003, 01:37 PM
cool thanks :)

I figured about 100 shots out of the tank. Course I get like 300 shots out of the same tank on my PGP :)

Grasshopper
08-23-2003, 01:49 PM
Do you have any pics of the 13ci tank? I've never seen one of those.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
08-23-2003, 02:08 PM
10 per ci, and thats a damn small tank

AcemanPB
08-23-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016
tested at 50 bps by AGD in an emag

Did I miss something :confused:

I thought it was impossible for the valve to cylce this fast due to the fact that the valve can't recharge and shoot at the same time.

Willystyle21
08-23-2003, 03:53 PM
Wow a new mod for the RT valve by AGD. Dude please tell me where I can pick one of these up. Got to many timmy and angel kids running around screamin about how "fast" their gun is.

(it's sarcasm people.......... I am not a newb)

*ArKfEaR*
08-23-2003, 04:38 PM
The recoil on the RTP is absolutely disgusting.

And on the divx videos, look at how hard they are trying to rip on the guns in manual mode, and the classics. Not to even mention the fact that they are fanning everytime in both videos.

Try hitting someone... stick with the Angel.

wobbles82
08-23-2003, 05:31 PM
Arkfear, I have a feeling you dislike mags...alot? Every post you have is like "they suck", lol. The recoil on an RTPX..is none, thanks. An Angel, (yes I have both) has a bit of a kick to it, but im not saying its a bad marker its an awesome marker. Both are excellently made. The RTPX is a fast marker, do not kid yourself, 10bps is a whiz once you get the trigger down. As for effiency..yes I would say like 150 shots or so. You sure you didnt mean like 113ci? Thats a very small tank man, lol. While cockers are efficient, mags arent very far behind. If you want an efficient gun, the Viking is the way to go, in my case I just walk to the fill station. :D

magman007
08-23-2003, 07:12 PM
no guys, he means 13 ci, they are usually bought by pump players, for their small size and consistency.

spacedtedybear
08-23-2003, 07:32 PM
At the very least, you can get ~100-130 shots off a 13cu/3K tank. If you have maintained your marker well, and have kept it oiled, you can probably pull off 180 shots. Personally, I can get ~1200 shots from my 88/3K tank.

Try hitting someone... stick with the Mag.

sps16
08-23-2003, 08:20 PM
all i know is on 2000 psi in my 45 ci on my e-mag i got maybe 200, maybe...

Quickling
08-23-2003, 10:49 PM
yeah I use the 13ci on my PGP but the last time I had a mag I ran a vertical 3.5oz CO2 tank.. it was so light and awesome. And since I generaly play hopper ball getting tons of shots does really matter, I can always refill between games. This is of course for rec, if I played a tourny I would use sometime else to feed the marker I was using. Oh and I will try and get some pics tomorrow.