PDA

View Full Version : Thread Stop Question

Darkstorm
08-23-2003, 12:06 PM
Sort of an odd question but here goes.

Is there a standard thread start and stop that is used on most barrels, or is it random by the manufacture? When I screw in a barrel that has a logo on it. Should it stop so the logo lines up on a certain place?

This would mean that the threading has to start at the same place on the circle for every gun and barrel.

magman007
08-23-2003, 12:12 PM
well, obviously its different from manufacturer to manufacturer, because barrels never line up. It just doesnt happen. It would be nice if it did, i really hate having the DYE logo on all my cool arels not line up, youkno?

RRfireblade
08-23-2003, 12:13 PM
There isn't but it would be nice.

It bugs me too so sometimes I will put an oring on the barrel first of various thickness till I get it to line up and then put a tiny drop of blue locktite to keep it there.

Jay.

Mossman
08-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
There isn't but it would be nice.

It bugs me too so sometimes I will put an oring on the barrel first of various thickness till I get it to line up and then put a tiny drop of blue locktite to keep it there.

Jay.

whoa.....psycho

just playin :)

jtoothman25
08-23-2003, 01:44 PM
When did paintball turn into a sport where Logo's mattered? I see so many people wearing full out Dye everything down to their socks... I guess if I got them cheap i'd wear them too, but i'm all about a functioning marker, not one that looks pretty. Thanks TK for not caring on the emag about the looks of the thing and making it fire like a crazy dog in heat. Sure a dragon timmy looks good, but those things chop so much paint. It isnt uncommon for me to go weeks and months without chopping a ball, when the timmy breaks every time its used.

poolshark5226
08-23-2003, 01:56 PM
Its not about the logo. If someone saw a Dye barrel and a crappy CMI for the same price, theyd take the Dye over the CMI. The point is, if a manufacturer can, with little effort, make something look good, then they should