PDA

View Full Version : question about auto mag...

laxster08
08-23-2003, 03:33 PM
ok i'm am a newbie when it comes to automag but not to paintball...for automags...r they good front man guns b/c i am a front man..and is the TKO pack at paintballgear.com a good deal> also can i run co2 on the automag...what is the ROF...thanks and anything else that i will need to know woudl be very appreciated..thanks

ckyguy
08-23-2003, 03:40 PM
i used to play front with a mag and it worked pretty nicely for me, it's a very small package n it's not bad all around for the price. the classic valve can use CO2, but i sure wouldn't use it on a mag, especially not if you upgrade your valve later, my classic valve could fire about 10 bps before i would start getting noticeable shootdown, but could prolly fire up to 15 bps, just very badly.

laxster08
08-23-2003, 03:44 PM
ok...will the TKO package beable to handle co2 b/c i don't have the money for nitro?

Torbo
08-23-2003, 03:46 PM
if youre gonna run co2, i highly suggest an expansion chamber and an anti-siphon tank. that should keep liquid out of the valve most of the time. For the price of that though, you could almost get a cheap nirto tank. It is worth it.

laxster08
08-23-2003, 03:48 PM
so if i dont' have anti siphon tank its gonna screw up my gun? damn lol...every decent gun now u have to have anti siphon tank or n2..but i don't got the money for nitro...and will i need a revy?

vf-xx
08-23-2003, 03:54 PM
You don't have to have an anti siphon tank, but then I'd be sure to use an expansion chamber for sure then. Another solution is to run remote. Remotes will keep liquid out of the valve easily.

personman
08-23-2003, 04:33 PM
It will run fine. If I were you I would get an anti syphon or something though, it will improve the preformance you get out of your mag. Running plain old co2 isnt going to make your gun blow up :rolleyes: It might make it inconsistant though, but that happens with all guns

laxster08
08-23-2003, 04:36 PM
ok thanks man..b/c idont' feel like spening 50 bucks on an anti siphon tanks when regular tanks will be fine...people want there guns to be perfect lol

Corbet
08-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Like you said... every DECENT gun uses n2... and yes you will need a revy.

Corbet
08-23-2003, 04:53 PM
you can get a anti-siphon tube installed on your current tank for like 12.00 at the local pro shop.

Wc Keep
08-23-2003, 09:55 PM
or you can make an offer to keep for his anti siphoned 20 oz with matching asa.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
08-23-2003, 10:24 PM
just buy a used mag, and u should save enough money and be able to buy nitro, with mags used is the way to go

Wc Keep
08-23-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
just buy a used mag, and u should save enough money and be able to buy nitro, with mags used is the way to go
dont buy a used mag. support agd and buy a new one.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
08-23-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Wc Keep

dont buy a used mag. support agd and buy a new one.

I'm cheap I let other people pay full price.

Carbon
08-24-2003, 01:28 AM
If ya get the TKO and you are runnin CO2 take measures to not get it in the gun. Exp. Chamber or a regulator or what have you. I ran a Mag for 4 moths on CO2 and hated myself for it because I knew wasn't tapping the gun's operating potential. My mag WAS consistant as M98c...

If anything figure at least $80 for a steel N2 tank in your budget. The way i see it, your not just buying a gun, your investing in a "system"

Your basic Classic mag is more than capable of doin, correct me if im wrong guys, 15 bps. An RT Valve/ X valved mag can do 20+ bps easily without shootdown.

Good luck! and welcome to AO.