PDA

View Full Version : proper ac charging for the emag?

darwin
08-23-2003, 07:30 PM
i have the radioshack one that goes up to 12 volts. its set to 12 volts and plugged in but the light dosent come on on the charger..

whats the proper ac adapter to use?

rikkter
08-24-2003, 02:36 AM
the one i have is a dc +12v/1.25A.

try wiggling the wire part around in that battery adapter piece, thats wha ti have to do with mine, it has to sit a certain way then the light goes on

darwin
08-24-2003, 07:26 PM
i am still getting no love.

any other posibilities?

Spartan X
08-24-2003, 09:13 PM
Maybe you got ripped from RipShack, and it's a bad charger....

darwin
08-24-2003, 10:00 PM
that would make two. cause it came with one from the seller. and i bought a new one.

any other posibilties

deadeye9
08-25-2003, 10:59 AM
Make sure you've got the correct Adaptaplug. That's a 90 degree adapter with two prongs on one end that plugs into the wall charger's receptacle, and the other end pulgs into the AGD charger. You'll want the "M" style Adaptaplug, it's got an "M" stamped on it. Then, insert the Adaptaplug so that the "+" on the Adaptaplug lines up with "TIP" that's stamped on the receptacle.

darwin
08-25-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by deadeye9
Make sure you've got the correct Adaptaplug. That's a 90 degree adapter with two prongs on one end that plugs into the wall charger's receptacle, and the other end pulgs into the AGD charger. You'll want the "M" style Adaptaplug, it's got an "M" stamped on it. Then, insert the Adaptaplug so that the "+" on the Adaptaplug lines up with "TIP" that's stamped on the receptacle.

i have the correct tip. i wonder what the chances are of two bad plugs. ill probably go check it today

rikkter
08-25-2003, 02:32 PM
do you know for sure if the actually battery hosing is still good? if its dead, thats gonna suck, 80dollars for a new one..:(

darwin
08-25-2003, 10:05 PM
i am pertty sure it works. i tried it witht he car charger thing and it lit up and worked but uh i dont have a car that i can leave it in. and worse off i managed to break the fuse thats in it somehow.

so i wanted to try to get this ac charger thing working.

Originally posted by rikkter
do you know for sure if the actually battery hosing is still good? if its dead, thats gonna suck, 80dollars for a new one..:(

rikkter
08-25-2003, 10:07 PM
hum, maybe try to exchange it where you bought it, mine works fine, dont know why yours shouldn't