PDA

View Full Version : Official Car Talk Thread

m-98
08-23-2003, 09:25 PM
I know that there have been various car threads here on AO, but I thought I would make a general car talk thread, because I couldn't find one.

So, what are your thoughts on the Ford GT40?
http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/images/photo_gallery/ph_gt_popup_1.jpg
Looks good to me, supposed to have 500 Horsepower.

FalconGuy016
08-23-2003, 09:42 PM
OLD WITH NEW = W00T!

Whats a fast japanese import? Quick acceleration is important!

AcemanPB
08-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Fast import? Isn't that a oxymoron?

jk!!

I've always liked the Acura Integra's, I'm not too much on imports though so I couldn't tell you what to get. You can make any import a "fast" car if you have enough money and stickers.

FreakBaller12
08-24-2003, 08:47 AM
yea try a acura, they have alright engines
fyi, the new toyota celica(not out yet) i dotn think it's out for a while, but is suppose to have 500 horses:rolleyes:
just run NOS, if you can't afford a bottle now, use your paintball NOS tank;)

kbob
08-24-2003, 11:05 AM
i would personaly like a 1966 ford mustang that is red and i would put about 500 horsepower in
let me know wht u think
kevin

DJBacon06
08-24-2003, 01:52 PM
yeah, they remade the GT40s. I think the originals were better. Now its called the GT.

and about the acura. i have an acura 3.2 TL. Yes, it is a sedan, and yes it is quite nice. It has pretty damn quick pick up.

FalconGuy016
08-24-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by DJBacon06
yeah, they remade the GT40s. I think the originals were better. Now its called the GT.

and about the acura. i have an acura 3.2 TL. Yes, it is a sedan, and yes it is quite nice. It has pretty damn quick pick up.

Hah! My pontiac has a 3.8! and its sloooooooooooow! :p

The reason for imports is because of reliability.

Konigballer
08-24-2003, 02:48 PM
I hate the trend of remaking or "retro styling" new cars now-adays. This GT-40 remake is the most extreme version of this, talk about borroring from your long gone glory days because you've run out of creative direction. I dont mind putting in subtle design cues to the brand's/ car's past but just scuttling any real attempt to progress foward design ideas and go new places is pathetic. For me, my favorite car is a 1972 Lamborghini Miura SV, influenced by the GT-40's design, but that doesnt mean I just want lambo to go basically repackage the thing with modern materials and sell it again. They did'nt used ta do this. The '64 Mustang was'nt flat out ripping of the identity of an earlier creation from thirty years before, and it went on to spawn a legendary line of cars. Neither did the Shelby Cobra, Lamborghini Miura, Ferrari Daytona, or any number of now legendary sports cars. Each one represented a leap foward in design, not the wholesale cashing in on the glory of earlier models, and now stand together as legendary cars. Sure the new Ford GT looks awesome, thats cause it just ripps off the identity of a LEGENDARY car. Thats a pretty easy way to make something good looking and familiar, but it sure as hell ain't original. Sorry for the rant....I like cars....alot.

FalconGuy016
08-24-2003, 02:54 PM
I really do like how the new GT looks though, even if it is a bit uncreative.