View Full Version : New Halo Software ST-Z

WarBUCKs
08-23-2003, 11:50 PM
To everyone that has a Halo... I saw this while browsing the website:

http://www.odysseypaintball.com/zcode.html

August 21, 2003:

ODYSSEY PAINTBALL PRODUCTS

SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR HALO B.

Software Version: ST-Z - Soft Touch(tm) version Z.

Features:

Z Code has a new jam detection circuit that allows the HALO to determine when an internal jam occurs (out-of-round paint for example). It then initiates a jam clearing sequence which attempts to clear the jam (three times) before changing to a fail safe mode which protects the motor and circuitry for being damaged.

This new technology has allowed us to increase the rotational force/speed of the HALO without risk of damage. Z Code still includes all of the features of past software updates.

When in fail-safe mode, the HALO will rapidly flash the LED red and green to let the user know of the jam. The user can then clear the jam and turn the HALO off and back on normally. When battery levels are too low, the same flashing will occur to alert the user.

Mfg. Release Date: August 15, 2003. If your HALO was manufactured before August 15, 2003 it does NOT have the newest Z code.

How to check if your HALO has Z code: If your HALO circuit board has a sticker on the back that has a number followed by the letter Z (example: 803Z) then you have the newest Z code. All loaders with Z code have a "Z" on the back side.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-24-2003, 02:20 AM
of course..and I got my Halo my new clear one with rip drive like a 2 days before they started updating the new ones...oh well..they should put that sticker on the back of the board in a way so that you can see it without tearing it down...I may just send mine back to OPP anyways since it's just sitting in a box on the floor of my room waiting for my X-mag..

Xyxyll
08-24-2003, 02:34 AM
That would suck to get the jam in a game and have to reboot the hopper.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-24-2003, 03:29 AM
I'll probably wait for one more revision before I send it in...

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
08-24-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
of course..and I got my Halo my new clear one with rip drive like a 2 days before they started updating the new ones...oh well..they should put that sticker on the back of the board in a way so that you can see it without tearing it down...I may just send mine back to OPP anyways since it's just sitting in a box on the floor of my room waiting for my X-mag..

I sent mine in on the 25th of July for a ripdrive, so I'm in the same boat as you Dirty

IcantBelieveit
08-24-2003, 07:58 AM
mine has the z code and it still burnt the motor up.

A to the G-Dizzle
08-24-2003, 08:08 AM
I got the new software and I love it.
Thanks,

DiRTyBuNNy
08-24-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by USAF-Flyboy with a Mag

I sent mine in on the 25th of July for a ripdrive, so I'm in the same boat as you Dirty

Mine actually shipped August 11th from OPP.

FalconGuy016
08-24-2003, 02:02 PM
My halo has jammed before on bad paint and I was always immediatly afraid it would burn out the motor