PDA

View Full Version : Level 10 for Emag...breaking balls?

Darth of Agony
08-24-2003, 12:54 AM
Ive had my Emag for about 8 months, and up until now it has been trouble free...but for some reason I am starting to break balls. I am already running the smallest carrier, and the medium spring. Im not experiencing any leaks, unless I krank up the velocity for woods play;and that is out of the rear. I am using PMI Premium paint, and I havent had any trouble with it before. The only upgrades I have made is the ULE center feed body, and a titanium boomstick.
Ive done the trouble shooting recommended, and I have watched the videos with the tounge in the chamber trick, so I did a test of my own. It seems like the bolt is coming forward way too hard...I put my finger in there, and it was painful. :)
So with all of this in concideration...what piece of the puzzle am I missing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. "Ball breaks in a emag are not fun".

Sorry to be so long winded, but I am truly puzzled.

Thanks in advance for all the help,

Darth of Agony:confused:

rikkter
08-24-2003, 02:23 AM
try changing the level10 springs? :P
try the next spring up, maybe even the longest spring

BlackVCG
08-24-2003, 04:47 AM
You want to run the loosest carrier that doesn't leak. Although it says to run a tighter carrier in the manual, that is incorrect. For the lowest impact, run the loosest carrier that doesn't leak. Make sure that your middle spring is setup so the cut end of the spring is facing towards the bolt.

What kind of feed system do you have?

Darth of Agony
08-24-2003, 10:34 AM
I have tried the next carrier up from the one that I currently am using, "but it leaks". I have not tried the spring running backwards from how the manual shows, I will give that a shot and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks,

Darth of Agony
08-24-2003, 10:35 AM
I am using a Halo B.

lamby
08-24-2003, 11:51 AM
oil the snots out of it (like 8 drops in the asa, and oil the bolt) and dry fire about 100 shots thru it. LXs LOVE oil.

if that does not work go to the longest spring (like black said).The bigger the spring the less pressure on the paint

BlackVCG
08-24-2003, 01:42 PM
I didn't say to install the spring backwards. I was just making sure you have it installed how it's suppose to be. If you're installing it how the instructions stated, then it's fine.

Darth of Agony
09-09-2003, 12:11 PM
I tried all of the above: The longer spring made no difference, I cant go any larger on the carrier (for the next size leaks),I oiled the piss out of it,Halo has brand new batteries, balls are great, and the bolt still chops them. Mind you this is only one out of 500 balls, but every shot after that is absoluetly horrendous. Mags wont clean out over time, it just gets worse.
I mean real bad...The paint makes its way all through the gun, and pushes up in the the hopper. Balls after that break like mad, because the bolt is filled with paint and shell...level 10 wont work right after a break. The bolt still seems to be pushing to hard against the ball.

Im at a loss...Please help.

bmexline
09-09-2003, 01:06 PM
have you tried adjusting the shimms? they affect where in the travel of the bolt that it starts venting. add more shims until it leaks then take one out. see if that makes any difference.

athomas
09-10-2003, 07:55 AM
What are you running for velocity when this is happening?

What is the bore of the barrel? Are there any sharp edges?

Darth of Agony
09-10-2003, 08:50 AM
I usually run from 280-300 and I try to run hotter for big woods play."still within acceptable range" The barrel is a 16" titanium boomstick (not sure what the bore is though). I dont think it is any of those things because the level 10 engages when I get these ball breaks...so the ball is not in the firing position. It truly seems like the bolt is still hitting the ball too hard. I will try the shim idea next.

speeddemon
09-10-2003, 10:10 AM
If you are using a halo B, I really doubt you are chopping, since I have yet to see anyone outrun 20 bps. Sounds to me like a bad batch of paint, or the nubbins or the barrel or something.

Darth of Agony
09-10-2003, 02:54 PM
This hypothisis is derived from my experiences through 6 cases of paint.

Dayspring
09-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Now, are you sure you're chopping or are you blowing them up in the barrel? Is the bolt getting totally, nastily covered in paint, or is the end of the barrel?

One's a level 10 issue. One's a barrel issue.

Darth of Agony
09-10-2003, 05:42 PM
The bolt is definately getting covered in paint. Ultimately...the barrel does too, because of the fallowing shots.

alkafluence
09-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by speeddemon
, or the nubbins or the barrel or something.

He could be onto the right track here.

What detents are you using? Are you using the AGD detents or other Angel detents?

If not the AGD type, try them instead. You never know...

Darth of Agony
09-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Like I said prior..."ULE body, screw in barrel" No nubbins.

rikkter
09-11-2003, 04:52 AM
well there IS detents. check those

Darth of Agony
09-11-2003, 08:52 AM
Threaded Ball Detent– The ULE Mainbody’s ball detents are Angel™ threaded, allowing you to select from a wide variety of aftermarket accessories to personalize your AGD marker.

This low profile, spring loaded, rotating ball is well oiled and fully functional.