PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a slide-check/pro-connect or not?

Sooky
08-24-2003, 02:41 AM
I just recently got my new RTpro in, and am slightly confused.

I have yet to use it at the field, but when it came in we switched the SS to macroline and I am using a used 68 3000 maxflo. We dry fired it a few times, and everything seemed good. The Xvalve slid out fine later.

I have been reading up on older lvl 10 threads, and it seems that since I'm not using a preset it will be retaining pressure and I should get a slide-check or proconnect to degass it.

Now, my RTpro did not come with a video (has AGD stopped doing this?), but it did have the lvl 10 installation CD and RT manual, and neither of them mentioned anything about retaining pressure or a need for a slide-check or degassing method.

So what I'm asking, is if the retaining pressure problem had been solved since the beta-test or if I need to get something to prevent parts from flying at me when I take it apart?

Thanks in advance,
Sooky:)

xtreme paintball
08-25-2003, 01:11 AM
Y'know, I'm not really in the know with RTPro's, but on my Mini, I've found a slide-check combined with a quick-disconnect at the gun-end of the macroline to made disassembly much easier. No on/off's flying across the staging area, never to be seen again, and I'm able work on my gun without having to turn off the tank(I also run a Max-Flo) or de-gas the line. Hope this helps!

xen_100
08-25-2003, 01:04 PM
it is highly recommended. the LX bolt can hold back as much as 400PSI after it stops shooting. if you took the valve out that way you could bend/break the on/off pin and/or send the valve shooting out the back of the gun.

you can put a slide check or pro-connect inline or do it this way. my way does not make ANY gas go through the slidecheck. slidechecks can cause shoot down.(tiny little holes for the air to go through.)

http://www.xenpb.com/automag/mag_valve.jpg

Wynken
08-25-2003, 05:39 PM
I use BlackVCG's method. ie, just a quick disconnect.

It goes like this:
1) Turn off the output of your tank
2) Fire the gun until there's no firing to be done
3) Pull off quick disconnect
4) Disassemble at your leisure

Just make sure you're holding on the the actual QD when you pull it off as the escaping gas has a tendency to make it move.

Also, if you have any problems I've found that it helps to push the two ends of the QD together and then pull on the release. This takes the pressure off the release, making it much easier to pull.

FooTemps
08-25-2003, 06:23 PM
Yes, you really do need a slide-check or proconnect... I don't have one and I'm regretting it right now. Everytime I want to degas the valve i have to unscrew my fittings.

Sooky
08-25-2003, 06:37 PM
OK guys, thanks for the advice.

I guess I'll pick up a quick disconnect this week.