PDA

View Full Version : KC Trouble free oil

afrankart
08-24-2003, 07:36 AM
I was wondering the difference between the normal troublefree oil and the N2 formula. I have read the N2 formula turns to sludge faster. I only run nitrogen, and I oil my gun EVERY time I play. I was wondering if the sludge needs to be cleaned off or if it re-lubes every time u re-oil. Anyone know of a food online place to buy this? I have been looking and am having a hard time finding an online dealer.

virus
08-24-2003, 12:56 PM
i use it with no problems.... also never have found any of this so-called "sludge" either

here is their homepage (http://www.kercon.com/) they have a dealer locater on there...

BlackVCG
08-24-2003, 01:34 PM
I've never tried the N2 oil, but the performance difference doesn't seem like enough to justify having to clean it out frequently. I've always used the blue KC oil and it keeps my o-rings looking like brand new and I never have to replace them. I'm still using the factory o-rings in my E-Mag.

paint magnet
08-24-2003, 03:03 PM
Yeah, the blue kind is awesome. I left my toolbox in the car one night last winter, it got down to about 15 degrees and the next morning I took out a bottle of KC and a bottle of Gold Cup, both of which had been sitting in the car and put a drop of each on the lid of my tool box, then tilted it so they would slide down. The Gold Cup kind of gummed up and went down about half as fast as the KC.

I wouldn't see any point in getting the N2 kind, the standard works better than anything else anyway.

Bigzamboni
08-25-2003, 06:23 AM
The blue will never turn to sludge, if what they say is true. At least not in our lifetimes anyhow. The N2 version will eventually starts to sludge a bit, but most people clean their markers often enough that they won't notice.

I use the blue, because there are periods of a couple months when I don't play.

ah137
08-26-2003, 09:34 AM
I email KC a while back and this is what they said

``````````````````````````````````````````
Hi Andy-
Thanks for your note. In my own guns I have only used my synthetic
formula
for the last 12 years. But, some of the owners of the extremely
expensive
guns feel that the better the wear resistance, the better the lube, and
they don't mind having to clean the gun more often. We still get orders
for the N2 from as far away as Australia. However, the Paintball