PDA

View Full Version : My docish pgp

pyropiggy
08-24-2003, 05:41 PM
im bored so i decied to show off my first custom gun. After seeing docs custom dye barreled pgp i decied to make my own. Its a pgp with a jj hardchrome barrel, slotted feed tube, and drop out slot (kinda regret). Im thinking of making a custom almn. pump handle for it and getting some spiffy powdercoating done. http://www.hunt101.com/img/055339.jpg

Brak
08-24-2003, 08:29 PM
45 GRIP!!!!

that would make it awesome, but i think a black powdercoat and clear pump handle would make it awesome

pyropiggy
08-24-2003, 09:02 PM
yeah a 45 grip would be quite spiffy, i should see about getting a deal on one at the local proshop. The clear pump would be cool if i didn't have the drop slot in it.and if i polish the metal pump handle to match the chrome barrel it will look spiffy. When i do get the thing powdercoated i am gonna leave the barrel chrome except for the back wich wil be black and with a --->= the = means black the - means chrome. Thats what the barrels gonna look like.

Sancho'sZ
08-24-2003, 09:37 PM
If you want to go the 45 frame route, I used one of my old mage frames and it worked beautifully on my new style pgp. Did you use a mill to cut the slots? and How did you mate the barrel? Also are they any bolt/mechanical mods that you performed?

pyropiggy
08-25-2003, 12:05 AM
I used a cnc mill in manual mode to cut the slots. I kinda biffed the first one (set the bit in too high). The whole thing is soldered together just like a stock pgp. Other than the barrel everything is stock. Oh i just remembered that i also made a rva for it useing a KAPP rock knob i found. Does the mag frame bolt right up of is there some milling that has to bee done to it? Iirc the cocker frames need to have the top of them milled to accept the rounded bottoms of the pgps. This school year i hope to make a fully aluminumn pgp, I think that would be totaly *****ing.

Sancho'sZ
08-25-2003, 06:59 AM
Yes the frame needs to be filed down slightly to take the rounded body. You would also need to put the pgp trigger guts back into the new frame. It turned out nice and I really like the feel, much more handle than before.