PDA

View Full Version : MicroMag & HPA

n8-J
08-24-2003, 07:01 PM
#1)Hey guys/girls I have had my MicroMag for sometime, but I have been running it on C02. I just purchased a 68CU 4500 PSI fibre wrapped tank. When using the HPA, I try and blast of several shots in a row and I sometimes get double shots, and then half shots with little pressure, and sometimes I get release of gas going down the barrel until I repull the trigger.
#2)When adjusting the velocity with the velolcity nut I get air leaking out the back if I have the presure to high or to low. Oh and I am just running the old A.I.R valve.
I have changed all my o-rings, with no success. I was wondering if theres any parts I can change to help me fix these problems.
Thanks for any help.

Oh one more thing my tank is preset, not adjustable.

SocialD
08-25-2003, 04:46 PM
First, Do you know the output pressure of the tank? What does the factory claim the output pressure is? Also, you need to make sure that there aren't any restrictions in your setup. I mean that your system can only recharge as fast as the smallest restriction. Things like Pro/connects can effect the recharge rate of you marker.

Second, have you chrono-ed the marker since you switched? If you have and it still leaks out the back you might need to get a new regulator piston. Sometimes this is necessary when you switch from co2 to HPA. The piston is adjustable, but I would recommend having it set by someone that knows what they are doing or just buying a new piston.

Good luck,
D-

rikkter
08-26-2003, 07:00 AM
also what type of airline are you using? macro, micro, or steel braided?

n8-J
08-26-2003, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the replies.
I am running macro line, I have one running from the tank to the bottom of the foregrip and another running from the vertical adaptor (top of foregrip) running to the A.I.R valve. And I am not 100% sure on the output pressure, but I will try and find out.
I have also heard of changing the reg spring/bolt assembly.
Thanks again for the help.

rikkter
08-26-2003, 02:36 PM
just try this for the hell of it, just get a long macro and make it go from tank to valve skipping the gasthru, my friends gasthru had a filter in it for some reason and it got clogged