PDA

View Full Version : Drop forward recommendations?

Recon by Fire
08-24-2003, 07:24 PM
I need some real recommendations here people, I don't care what you have and what is the "shizzle". Here is the criteria:

Black

No crazy milling (like the lightning and flame drops)

Must drop at least 2 inches with a horizontal length of 4.5 inches for a dovetail mount or 5.75 inches for a max-flow mount.

...pics would be helpful too :)

MarkM
08-24-2003, 07:32 PM
Shocktech full sized drop is exactly the sizes you quoted, well, as close as bollocks is to swearing anyhow ;)

Pic attached not the colour you wanted nor probably the marker but then you can get some idea of the scale, the current Shocktech Drops have an inserted part in the gap but identical other than that.

punkcmonkiez
08-24-2003, 07:53 PM
shocktech drops RULE ALL

Grasshopper
08-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Yea, the shocktech drops seem real nice. Look spiffy in black, too :)

-=Squid=-
08-24-2003, 08:17 PM
datapimp drops.

ZyperioN
08-24-2003, 08:17 PM
I have and absolutely love the PMI Perfect Cradle. Plus it's only $20 on PaintballGear.com and i believe that if you take off the ASA that comes with it the rail is the same as a standard dovetail mount.

Recon by Fire
08-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-
datapimp drops.

That is what I am replacing :(

Thanks guys, looks like a Shocktech drop is in my future.

-=Squid=-
08-24-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Recon by Fire

why?

Powday
08-24-2003, 09:15 PM

I had a problem with them too... it would always wobble, so I sent it back and got another. That one wobbled too, so I tried tightening the screw and snapped it. Had to drill the thing off!

Anyway, I tried a Dye drop which is similar in shape to the Shockteck, but it has a pointy tip at the dovetail which doesn't match the fit of the Flatline dovetail adapter as well as the Shocktech does. Go with the black Shockteck.

Paintballer1833
08-24-2003, 09:22 PM
unless you already tried and didnt like i would suggest a nice rail without a drop. I use to love drops but now love my rail better.

Recon by Fire
08-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Powday
I had a problem with them too... it would always wobble, so I sent it back and got another. That one wobbled too, so I tried tightening the screw and snapped it. Had to drill the thing off!

Pretty much the trouble I had, except I was removing mine when the screw snapped.

-=Squid=-
08-24-2003, 09:34 PM

Pretty much the trouble I had, except I was removing mine when the screw snapped.

hmm...Mines perfect. Sorry for you man, I love mine to death :)

Recon by Fire
08-24-2003, 09:46 PM
Oh, I love the looks of it and all. I just have been unable to get another screw, otherwise I would keep it.

-=Squid=-
08-24-2003, 09:48 PM
LOL! Contact datapimp, im SURE he would get you a new one!

Recon by Fire
08-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Of course I tried that already. I first contacted him and he said he would send me a screw (offered to pay for it if necessary). It never arrived and I have not been able to make contact with hm since...I have emailed, pm'd, and posted here. I don't know what the problem is, but I finally gave up.

datapimp69
08-24-2003, 11:02 PM
Of course I tried that already. I first contacted him and he said he would send me a screw (offered to pay for it if necessary). It never arrived and I have not been able to make contact with hm since...I have emailed, pm'd, and posted here. I don't know what the problem is, but I finally gave up.

he is correct i havent gotten back to him yet.

i have been crazy busy, this is not an excuse, but just the reason.

your screw is in a box and going out on monday.

Powday ? you never let me know you snaped a screw, hit me with a pm, and ill send you a new screw, so even if you dont want to use it. you will have a compleate unit to sell.

Recon by Fire
08-25-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by datapimp69

he is correct i havent gotten back to him yet.

i have been crazy busy, this is not an excuse, but just the reason.

your screw is in a box and going out on monday.

I figured something happened... I was imagining a worm infested blown up up PC, family emergency, etc.... good to hear it was just hectic instead :)

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
08-25-2003, 04:43 PM
Dye has a nice drop too. It's what I have on my retromag. The gun is balanced pretty nice with it.