PDA

View Full Version : I am getting an Automag RT. Is there any problems I should watch 4?

ghost_on_fire
08-25-2003, 07:45 AM
I am about to buy an Automag RT on friday te 29th. When I pick it up should I watch for anything weird about it that could cause problems? ThankU:D

SocialD
08-25-2003, 04:31 PM
I've had my RT's since 1998 and I haven't even had to replace an o-ring. Just make sure that you get a few drops of oil into the valve each time that you play. I also like to disassemble and clean the whole marker when I get done playing. I also lube the bolt and power tube everytime that I play. The down side is that there aren't really any aftermarket parts if it is an old skool RT. However, there really isn't a need for them either. You should be very happy with it.

paintbattler
08-25-2003, 08:52 PM
Make sure you run it on Nitrogen. They don't work too well on CO2

NATE-DOG1
08-25-2003, 09:10 PM
Your buying used I assume.
If your buying it in person fire it over a chrono a couple times just to make sure the consistancy isnt to freaky. If it spikes back and forth like 20psi or so it probably needs a o-ring job (reg seat usally.)
Other than that not much can really go wrong with em.
And yeah, listen to paintbattler.
Have fun!

whiskey29
08-26-2003, 07:46 AM
And if it has the lvl 10 in it, make sure that the regulator piston is new since the old one , from what i read, cannot sustan the high pressure needed to operate longer spring which is softer on ball.
Make sure you et a big tank. tere's not to much efficiency

Skeetmaster
09-02-2003, 06:38 PM
And get an Intelli frame coz with a bit of work it will rock like a MOFO!
Gaz