PDA

View Full Version : ULT and Reactivity

Mrmacdude
08-25-2003, 09:20 AM
Is it still possible to sweetspot it with the ULT?
Does the upgrade make the reactivity go away, or is it just not felt?

Dayspring
08-25-2003, 09:40 AM
The reactivity is lessened. The same thing that makes the pull light is the same thing that makes it less reactive. That's why it's not recommended for the Emag b/c it doesn't have the kick and will slow the gun down.

Evil Bob
08-25-2003, 10:56 AM
It's reduced to the point where it is very difficult to sweet spot it.

-Evil Bob

SIGSays
08-25-2003, 11:01 AM
but is it worth getting?

Dayspring
08-25-2003, 11:10 AM
I like it. It needs to be shimmed correctly and I think running 900psi or so into it would make it even better.

jdev
08-25-2003, 11:13 AM
i think it is definitely worth picking up.

then again, i knew I was getting one after megameet when i shot toms.

mine isint setup quite as nice as toms is.. its a tuning work in progress.

Mrmacdude
08-25-2003, 11:21 AM
So... does the good outweigh the bad? i like sweetspotting my mag..

speeddemon
08-25-2003, 02:04 PM
Well, since no one has told you yet, sweetspotting is bad. It doesn't allow the sear to fully seat on the bolt edge, and causes wear and broken parts. And on top of that its illegal in tournments, and in my opinion just cheap. Anyone can crank up the pressure to 1000, and sweet spot the trigger. Learn to fire 18 bps on a mech mag without a sweetspot, then I will be impressed.

striker
08-25-2003, 03:21 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but my XRTP is VERY easy to sweet-spot if I put an extra shim in. My brother managed to sweet-spot it on his second trigger pull!

As for reactivity, it's definately there. It almost feels like my Mag has a "touch-trigger" because of the reactivity. Definatly worth $50.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
08-25-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by speeddemon
Well, since no one has told you yet, sweetspotting is bad. It doesn't allow the sear to fully seat on the bolt edge, and causes wear and broken parts. And on top of that its illegal in tournments, and in my opinion just cheap. Anyone can crank up the pressure to 1000, and sweet spot the trigger. Learn to fire 18 bps on a mech mag without a sweetspot, then I will be impressed.

thats only if u sweetspot it to the point it goes into runaway

Dayspring
08-25-2003, 11:16 PM
Actually no...

It's sweetspotting in any form.

Originally posted by MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata

thats only if u sweetspot it to the point it goes into runaway