PDA

View Full Version : 5/8" square aluminum bar

hitech
08-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Anyone know where I can find a short piece of 5/8" square aluminum bar?

Polish
08-25-2003, 05:14 PM
A junkyard or a metal shop.

Thorpydo
08-25-2003, 05:23 PM
Mcmaster.com

In the search menu, use the part number 9008K24. You can click 'catalog page' for more infomation. Its $18.23.

Also Onlinemetals.com
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=1114&step=4&showunits=inches

It's ~$8 there, but you cant get any other cool stuff there, like you can mcmaster! :D

hitech
08-26-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Thorpydo
Onlinemetals.com
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=1114&step=4&showunits=inches

Thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I order some. :D

Thorpydo
08-26-2003, 04:03 PM
No problem, I've ordered several things from there. They're cheap, helpful and everything arrived on time.

Whatcha building?

I see your from the bay area? I am too, where yah play at?

hitech
08-26-2003, 04:10 PM
I kind of builting a no drop, no forward, drop forward for my flatline. I'm going to have a NW quick connect attaching my warp to the grip frame and another NW quick connect attaching my flatline to the warp plate. That's actually too much drop for me. I think I'm going to mount the flatline "upside down" and straight back from the warp plate.

Were do I play. Welllll, we use to play at The Jungle until a buddy of mine had an altercation with one of the staff. We are currently looking for a new home. ;)

Actually, I will still play there sometimes, just not when my buddy is going. ;)

Thorpydo
08-26-2003, 04:19 PM
What about sherwood, right next door to jungle? WAP in Zomora, on your way to Sacramento(I believe). Or the field in Modesto (My favortie). These are all speedball.

Jungle is very 'woodsdweller'... There is a field right here in Concord I believe that you might like a bit more. I forget the name.. I just opened back up after being closed for a year or two. I can ask a friend of mine, if your interested.

Don't mean to get off topic, but the questions already been awnsered so what the hell. :)

hitech
08-26-2003, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I'm a woods baller. If by Concord you are talking about Clayton out on the back side of Mt. Diablo, then I've played there many times. We just played in a "scenario" game there. It's okay, but a little steep for us old guys. ;) We have talked about Sheerwood and the Sac. fields. I've heard a lot of good things about Modesto, but is it really worth the drive? All of us are speedball newbies. Any suggestions>

Thorpydo
08-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Even the pros were 'speedball newbies' at one point.;)

I'm pretty sure thats the field that I'm talking about.

Is it worth the drive? For us, it is. I don't know for other people. And yah won't unless you try it.

Waps a bit closer, 1hr. Modesto is more like 1.5 hr. At modesto they've got 1 airball, 3 hyperball and 1 plywood field. They've usally got a newer-players-group, some mid level, and sometimes a team or two playing.

nicad
09-09-2003, 05:37 PM
get your aluminum from onlinemetals.com
get your delrin and EVERYTHING else from mcmaster.com... :)