PDA

View Full Version : Leak down the barrel - ULT + LV 10....

striker
08-25-2003, 03:10 PM
I have no idea if this is a ULT problem, but after installing my ULT (it RIPS by the way :) ) and firing a few tanks through it, my XRTP got a leak down the barrel, usually when I fire and hold the trigger back. Most of the time, the leak will stop if I hold the trigger back for 5 seconds or so, but sometimes it won't. Sometimes, it'll leak with just a little pressure on the trigger, and once it was leaking down the barrel with no pressure on the trigger. Any idea what the problem is? My XRTP came with the LX installed, and it hasn't given me a problem before the ULT was installed. Most of the time, after dry firing a bit, the leak would go away. I'm about 90% certain it's an o-ring, but I don't know wich one. Any help would be nice.

Dayspring
08-25-2003, 03:35 PM
How many cases have you put through the level 10?

Where is the leak coming from?

My suggestion is to get the Level 10 completely broken in and THEN work on the ULT. It will eliminate the problems and headaches. (meaning, go back to the stock on/off assembly.)

striker
08-25-2003, 09:11 PM
I've put about 6 80ft. Scuba fills through the LV 10. If that's not broken in, then I don't know what is...

BlackVCG
08-25-2003, 09:59 PM
Remove all of the shims from your LX setup. That should stop the intermittent leak.

Don't worry about the leak when you pull and hold the trigger. Unless you can hear the leak right after it fires and you release the trigger, it's working fine.