PDA

View Full Version : newbie dumb question sear parts

tbaus
08-25-2003, 05:46 PM
I picked up an 68 automag off ebay, used. I filled my nitro tank and hooked it up to the automag, after filling the revi with paint.... It went to a funny full auto and then just emptied out my nitro tank in nothing flat. I took the chrome after-market ( I assume) grip frame off and found the sear assembly is not there. Along with the sear not there, the pin that holds the sear and whatever comprises a safety assembly is not there. The guy is going to make it good. He took it apart a couple of years ago and then didn't use it since. He wants me to tell him what the parts will cost. I am trying to make sure I am not overlooking anything. I found a sear assy at AGD for $15. The sear pin ( holds the sear in the gun) and the safety parts, I don't see anywhere. I need them and I need to tell the guy what they cost. Any help will be appreciated. The grip frame is a chrome single trigger frame with Hogue rubber wrap-around finger grips. I don't know how to tell who makes it. The trigger is a nice fat heavy-weight trigger.... Help please.

banzaimf
08-25-2003, 06:14 PM
http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=245&CATID=6

Safety, you are on your own. Without knowing exactly what gripframe it is. On a side note, it's probably easier getting a barrel condom.

ChucktheMAGician
08-25-2003, 06:32 PM
It sounds like a Benchmark frame, lemme get a pic for you to compare yours too. Click the "My Mags" link in my sig. and look at the black Micro in the 3rd picture. If your trigger is like that you will need to check w/ Pro-team Products to see if you can get safety parts.
A rail bushing may not be in there either, http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=248&CATID=6 it goes under the valve and the field strip screw goes thru it. I got a mag off ebay b4 also and there wasn't one in there

tbaus
08-25-2003, 07:05 PM
The grip frame looks just like your Benchmark, only in chrome. The triggers look identical. When I look at the safety location from the top of the grip frame, off the gun,there is a hole in the frame in front of the safety inletting, about an 1/8inch forward, drilled at about a 45 degree angle downward toward and meeting the safety inlet. ( I am hoping this identifies the grip frame more.) I found a picture of a Kapp grip frame in chrome that looks like it too, only the Kapp frame does not have a trigger for me to see. I am thinking this is the Benchmark. Thanks for the rail bushing advice. It is there.

tbaus
08-25-2003, 08:12 PM
I went to the Pro-Team site and could not find any parts. I found the grip frame at a good price, but no safety parts. I eamiled them asking for details. Meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas???? Thanks

ChucktheMAGician
08-25-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by tbaus
Meanwhile, if anyone has any ideas???? Thanks
Me again! I'd just keep my finger off the trigger, keep a barrel cover on it, agree to a $ value (w/ the previous owner) of what a safety assembly might cost, just ask for cash, and use that for a Y or intelli frame :D