PDA

View Full Version : SMoKiN PaiNTBaLL ouTLaST PaNTS

DiRTyBuNNy
08-25-2003, 11:45 PM
I just picked up a pair of these bad boys from a dealer off of AO (Detroit) and hot darn am I impressed. I know everyone has heard of these pants, I'd see them ON people at the two PSP I went to this year, but these things are just amazing. I like the fact that the pants tighten up without bunching and even my 240lb butt can fit into them )XXL). With the hemp front panels and knee pads tucked into the front of the pants I feel like even I could do superman slides with the best of them. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet; but I will wear them out to the AO-SoCal MiniMeet to give them a taste test.

LaW
08-26-2003, 01:23 AM
thought about them... but oh well just decided to go with the 03 dye pants, so far have not played in them but wore them a bit and they are very nice :)

I would also have to see these pants first as well

armyboot
08-26-2003, 02:01 AM
I just got mine, super nice! Way light, and very durable. 95 bucks for pants and knee pads is kinda pricey though.

Overall though I'm very impressed.

Albinonewt
08-26-2003, 06:06 AM
I was going to go with the Dye pants but when I was at IAO in the Dye booth getting the ATC shoes three kids came up to complain that their pants ripped while playing that day. Then I thought twice about the shoes, but they're so comfortable I got them anyways.

I'm waiting for my 03' JT pants, should be here today.

Load SM5
08-26-2003, 06:25 AM
I fingered and almost bought a pair at IAO but I was'nt sure how well the kneepads would stay in place during a slide. Any of you guys let me know?

rxpbr
08-26-2003, 09:15 AM
Just got the 03 JT pants. Looks great and VERY comfortable...but no back pockets. They're thick too, so maybe a little too hot to wear in the summer.

lopxtc
08-26-2003, 09:27 AM
I love mine .... they are not hot at all, played the last tourney in a 103 heat index and didnt feel the heat on my legs once. The dont absorb water like mad, like the Dye's do with that damn inner liner ... and the floating knee-pads are the best :) ...

Couple pics of me in the pants at the last tourney ...

Aaron

lopxtc
08-26-2003, 09:29 AM
Another ... man I didnt realize how many pics I am in where I am shooting left handed LOL ... believe it or not I am right handed shooter.

thecavemankevin
08-26-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Load SM5
I fingered and almost bought a pair at IAO but I was'nt sure how well the kneepads would stay in place during a slide. Any of you guys let me know?

trust me load...they will be where you need them when you need them. These are ABSOLUTELY THE BEST KNEE PADS ON THE MARKET!!!!

I won two pairs at tournaments back this past winter and have been using them ever since. I am blown away as to how my knees feel after playing. My knees use to hurt like heck, but now feel great.

find more info about them at the bottom of this thread:
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=97372&highlight=paintball+pants

LaW
08-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
I was going to go with the Dye pants but when I was at IAO in the Dye booth getting the ATC shoes three kids came up to complain that their pants ripped while playing that day. Then I thought twice about the shoes, but they're so comfortable I got them anyways.

I'm waiting for my 03' JT pants, should be here today.
Hate to break it to you but I had the 03 jt pants and they rip at the pockets and crap, my friends have been using the dye pants for a while and they are holding up fairly well.

Albinonewt
08-26-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by LaW

Hate to break it to you but I had the 03 jt pants and they rip at the pockets and crap, my friends have been using the dye pants for a while and they are holding up fairly well.

I guess we'll see. Depending on who you ask the JT pants are better and some say the Dye pants are better. My buddies that wear the JT love em'. Plus, they zip off at the knees making them shorts and making it easier to replace just the bottoms (since that's what tends to get worn out)

LaW
08-26-2003, 11:45 AM
the zippers get wrecked and it takes forever to get the bottoms off. Thats what happend to me, if i take them off it takes me 10 minutes to get them on again, the zipper gets wrecked :)

Load SM5
08-26-2003, 11:59 AM
I was told by JT, after my last pair blew out at the knees, that they don't sell just the bottoms of the zip-off pants. I decided to never buy another pair of pants from them again after that.

Thanks for the info on the Outlast pants. I'll definately have to pick some up after my Redz pants go out (if they do). I hate having to wear kneepads and if the integrated pads don't shift around on the Outlast pants then that sounds perfect.

lopxtc
08-26-2003, 12:03 PM
Load --- to give you an idea ... the pocket for the knee pads extends to just above the knee (you fold the pads over to insert them and remove them) and they actually sit about an inch below the knee cap when you are standing.

As soon as you bend your knees the natural movement of the pants pulls the knee pads right over your knees. Not once on any slide or just normal kneeling did I have a problem with them being out of place. Also they never felt in the way when just walking or running ... excellent design, and with the pads being removeable, should anything happen to them you can buy new ones.

If you check out the first pic of me above you can see how the pads are position while I am kneeling and such.

Aaron

Evil Bob
08-26-2003, 02:25 PM
They are quite comfy and having the knee pads floating is nice, they don't feel like they're going to cut your circulation off like strap on knee pads can do when you're in a kneeling position for a long time.

As long as you slide straight in these, you're fine. If you slide at an angle, the knee pads have a tendency to roll to the side and leave your knee unprotected.

I'm quite happy with my pair.

-Evil Bob

lopxtc
08-26-2003, 02:28 PM
One other thing to add ... these pants have belt loops in addition to the velcro tightening straps. Actually if you havent seen these before, the pants actually are seperate at the top and attach by two velcro side straps ... quite different :) ....

My old Dye pants didnt have belt loops and I was always having to pull them up after slides and such.

Aaron

laxster08
08-26-2003, 04:30 PM
who needs pants...just go in a short and t-shirt...and knee pads ahha..i can't play w/ pants i get way to *POOF* hot...but i'm also a rec baller lol

xunderdogx77
08-26-2003, 04:31 PM
any store on the internet sell these?

if so u guys have a link

FooTemps
08-26-2003, 05:05 PM
I looked at the smokin website and it only shows black/grey, black/black, black/red, grey/red... You think they'll come out with a blue color?

detroit
08-26-2003, 05:44 PM
we sell a lot of these pants. To me they are the best ones made the pad works real good, we used them for 1 year now and have had no problem with them they sell like hot cakes and they not going to make blue for some time the next color they are make is a yellow for saker and biker that what i was told then after that they might make blue

cris8762
08-26-2003, 08:36 PM
i might get some new pants (i hate wearing seperate knee pads)

and these are cool, but they look kinda gay because in the pictures of them i've seen they are kinda more form fitting, and less baggy like most pb pants

can someone get me a picture of a guy wearing pants (that are his/her correct size) from the front so i can get an idea of what they look like?

so far i dont really have a good picture of what they look like

thecavemankevin
08-26-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by cris8762
and these are cool, but they look kinda gay because in the pictures of them i've seen they are kinda more form fitting, and less baggy like most pb pants

can someone get me a picture of a guy wearing pants (that are his/her correct size) from the front so i can get an idea of what they look like?

actually on the contrary they are quite baggy, i don't have a pic of them on me, but this might give you a better idea:
http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=968335

cris8762
08-26-2003, 09:18 PM
interesting,

i might end up getting some of these, but i love how baggy my nexed's are, they're like insanely baggy almost

KayleAGD
08-26-2003, 09:31 PM
Hey lopxtc..

I remember those pictures , they are from the outback sippl right ?

lopxtc
08-26-2003, 09:56 PM
KayleAGD

Yeah ... check out http://www.managedaggression.com for more pics from there of us ...

be warned though ... I need to adjust the size of the pop-up windows ... some of the pics get cropped some because of the wrong size.

Aaron

toolfan62
08-26-2003, 10:08 PM
u can get these at www.stupiddogg.com click on catalog to find them.

mag-hatter
08-27-2003, 04:25 AM
i really dont get why people buy pants like that for paintball..i mean come on! you could buy a nice case of paint for that price (and im talking premium shizz here folks)! i just go in shorts and a t-shirt. i DO use elbow/knee pads made by dye (03 baybe) but thats because i dont like having rocks and bamboo lodged in my joints.

Albinonewt
08-27-2003, 06:10 AM
I think ya'll might have sold me on these pants. I can always use a spare pair.

lopxtc
08-27-2003, 08:11 AM
And that may work for the local small time tourneys, but read the NPPL/PSP/etc rule books which state you are required to wear long sleeve shirts and pants. :)

Besides everyone knows the really good players are the vain ones :)

Aaron

Originally posted by mag-hatter
I just go in shorts and a t-shirt.

DiRTyBuNNy
08-27-2003, 09:49 PM
yes..and we all know..i make this stuff look GOOD!

DjGruv
08-28-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Albinonewt

I guess we'll see. Depending on who you ask the JT pants are better and some say the Dye pants are better. My buddies that wear the JT love em'. Plus, they zip off at the knees making them shorts and making it easier to replace just the bottoms (since that's what tends to get worn out)

I had the JT's and the Dye's. The Dye pants are WAY better! The knees wore out on the JT's very fast. The Dye pants are still looking new and I'm very hard on them. The Dyes are also more baggy.

Pacifist_Farmer
08-28-2003, 08:38 AM
I realize that the "real" tourneys say wear this and wear that, but dangit every time I go out to play I wear my long stuff. After the first game I wish my shorts weren't sitting at home, and my jeresy wasn't soaked in sweat

Just pick up a pair of old Raven pants if you can find em, they last forever and they're cheap!