PDA

View Full Version : Emag Emax valve trade

fcpchop
08-26-2003, 09:57 AM
i was wondering if there was a emag valve trade for a emax valve trade. do u have to include money???

EsPo
08-26-2003, 10:08 AM
emax is an x valve with different engraving... so i'd guess that you'd have to include the regular 225 with any trade in valve (same as x valve).

fcpchop
08-26-2003, 10:32 AM
u c that is what i dont understand, ok i love agd i love my emag but that is just stupid. i have to pay 250 plus my valve for a valve that is equal in permormance but is 3oz lighter. i mean come on, really. dont get me wrong agd is and always will be my favorite company but thatis just not right. i guess i wont be doing the trade

tranman
08-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Do you really think they want to lose money in the deal? They can't resell your valve and they have to cover the costs or production and the hassle of taking your valve in and giving you a new one. Plus you get level 10 with the xvalve.

zaqwert6
08-26-2003, 10:54 AM
Try this.....

Sell your R/T ~$180
Buy Classic used ~$75

Trade in Classic and $120 (go retro=$225)

Save ~$105

Albinonewt
08-26-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by tranman
Plus you get level 10 with the xvalve.

I'll tell ya, that's the part that kind of annoys me. They know they sold me my EMag with a level X in it, so they know I don't need another one.

Not that it really matters, i'm going X-Valve as soon as I can take my gun out of commission long enough to send out my valve.

fcpchop
08-26-2003, 11:50 AM
zaqwert6 i dont understand what u r tring to say

xen_100
08-26-2003, 12:05 PM
I dont understand how you think they shouldn't charge you for it???

if you took your car into the dealer and said I want a carbon fiber hood because it weighs a little less, but I dont want to pay full price because I am giving you my original hood..........they would look at you like you have three heads.

I think AGD does ALOT more than they have too. they dont have to have a trade in program at all! they could just say, its an upgrade you have to pay for and charge full price.

LaW
08-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by fcpchop
zaqwert6 i dont understand what u r tring to say

He is saying that you can sell your current valve, then buy a classic mag valve. And use the classic valve trade in + money you got from your current valve and you will only have to pay half of the 225 or whatever for the trade in. It makes sense.

Or you can find someone with a classic valve to trade that + money for your current valve!

JEDI
08-26-2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by tranman
...and the hassle of taking your valve in and giving you a new one.

Hassle? Thats rediculous. Do you really think it's a hassle? They wouldn't burden themselves with taking the old one if it was so hard. Here's an idea. Why cant AGD bump the price up a little, and let you keep your old valve. I think its kind of spiteful that AGD takes in your old valve, but has no use for it.

Albinonewt
08-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by JEDI

Hassle? Thats rediculous. Do you really think it's a hassle? They wouldn't burden themselves with taking the old one if it was so hard. Here's an idea. Why cant AGD bump the price up a little, and let you keep your old valve. I think its kind of spiteful that AGD takes in your old valve, but has no use for it.

They do accept extra cash ($100) in lieu of your old valve.

It's just that the old valve isn't worth $100 to me.

banzaimf
08-26-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by JEDI

....I think its kind of spiteful that AGD takes in your old valve, but has no use for it.

Except that the program is set up to take 10 year old valves off of the market. They can then trash the old valves and make sure that they don't come back broken. The Go Retro program is as much buying a new warranty for your old vavle as it is getting more performance from a new valve.

Marek
08-26-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by fcpchop
u c that is what i dont understand, ok i love agd i love my emag but that is just stupid. i have to pay 250 plus my valve for a valve that is equal in permormance but is 3oz lighter. i mean come on, really. dont get me wrong agd is and always will be my favorite company but thatis just not right. i guess i wont be doing the trade

Then don't get it. I think that this plan/trade is designed for ppl that have lvl 7 valves and want to upgrade, similar to what they had to "Go Retro" before.

This is not for ppl that have an Emag valve already with Lvl. 10. Even if you didn't have lvl 10, it still wouldn't be worth it. It makes no sense to trade it in for no performance change.

I think zaqwert6 hit the nail on the head. You should do that, and save yourself some money.

cphilip
08-26-2003, 03:24 PM
If all you are after is to lose 3 ounces skip breakfast...

No seriously I wouldn't use an emag valve as a trade in. I would sell it or beter yet build me a back up Marker with it. And it's more valuable for sale or reuse WITH level 10 already with it...

I think I got almost 250 bucks for a RTP valve with level 10 a while back. Any Emag or RTP valve would be worth like 200 it would seem to me. I wouldn't trade it in that's for sure.

fcpchop
08-26-2003, 03:29 PM
ya obviously im not gunna do the trade. i love agd and i know they r tring to help us out here but all im saying is it worth it to loose 3oz, i mean the rt valve is like 250 new and the x is 300, so u pay 50 for 3oz. hey but what ever foats ur boat

Albinonewt
08-26-2003, 03:53 PM
I was going to throw an X-Valve in my Emag, probably this weekend. From what I'm hearing now it's not worth it?

I was under the impression that the upgrade meant more then a little weight.

xen_100
08-26-2003, 04:13 PM
the only difference between the emag valve and the x-valve is 3oz, and it comes with LX stock.

if you already have LX, there is no reason to "upgrade" because it really isn't an upgrade.