PDA

View Full Version : Noobie question about Crossfire regs

SteelSoul
08-26-2003, 01:45 PM
I am getting a crossfire tank that is pre-set for high pressure
Thing is I want more then the 800-850 psi it is set to now
My question is, can I change the output pressure on a preset reg? I am trying for like 900-950 so my RT trigger get a little more reactive

Let me know and plz don't blast me for my Dorknutt question

Thanks
Steel

FordPrefect
08-26-2003, 01:51 PM
No, you can't change the output of a preset tank.

behemoth
08-26-2003, 01:52 PM
PRE - SET its PRESET by the factory :)

Lohman446
08-26-2003, 06:01 PM
Ok... I looked into this a few months ago or so

It is theoretically possible to change the setting of a preset tank - the number of washers under the spring would be increased (thus forcing the tank to build more pressure to get by them). This being said, it is a great theoretical idea DO NOT DO IT.

I talked to a couple people involved in the design of high pressure regulators, and the tolerances they had to compete with to get the settings was... well, it made level 10 tolerances look sloppy. They would not even hint to me what one shim would do - but did give me the impression that changing pressure by hundreds of PSI or more was likely. Its not something you can test by trial to find out.

In reference, Air America sells Raptor Rex tanks currently for under $200 - they have a very consistent regulator (though no output gauge) that is adjustable basically to anything you want. This is how you get an adjustable tank, by buying one (thats not meant as rude as it sounds).

FreshmanBob
08-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Also, chances are your crossfires going above 800 anyway, most are around 900 to 950 from what i hear.