PDA

View Full Version : Trigger pullage and velocity

splat_fanatic
08-26-2003, 03:29 PM
Hi i recentlly just bought my first automag so i'm fairly new to these guns. My question was if there is any way to lighten the trigger pull on the 68 classic? Should i buy a new trigger frame and if i should which one? Another question i have is after firing 4 or so shots my velocity drop drastically even when using HPA. Does this mean i might be having recharging problems, if so what should i do?

Dayspring
08-26-2003, 03:41 PM
An Intelliframe can SLIGHTLY make the pull lighter. (Leverage) but the only real way people are doing it now is with the new Ultra Light Trigger (ULT) modification. It's a new on/off valve assembly and on/off pin. The problem is, it is not designed for a classic valve. (Not enough reactivity to the pin will lead to short-stroking and nasty ball breaking problems.)

The upgrade path to be able to use the ULT is to get an Xvalve first. This will also lighten the pull. But if you're looking for a mouse click type of pull, you have to go electronic.

BTW- welcome to AO.

EDIT-
Oh yeah. About your velocity. Check and possibly replace your reg seat.

splat_fanatic
08-26-2003, 05:06 PM
any recommendations for a good electro frame? I've heard that some can destroy the sear quickly.

Eric Cartman
08-26-2003, 10:32 PM
The only electro frames that I know of are the Booyah (I believe that this is no longer being made) and the Centerflag Hyperframe (pretty sure that this voids your warranty and is fairly expensive). I got the Intelliframe, X-valve and ULE trigger pull kit. If you can afford it, I recommend going this route as opposed to going with the electro frames (although I freely admit I've never shot one). You get AGD quality, you don't mess with your warranty, and I can't stress enough how much *** this setup kicks.

Cheers.:D