PDA

View Full Version : Revvy shells are the biggest piece of junk ever!

Automaggin2
08-26-2003, 04:38 PM
I am sooooooooooo mad. I just bought some brand new revvy shells at psp philly to use at shatnerball, well, i was playing with my gun today, and i set it down, and the neck just snapped off! This is the 4th revvy shell that i have had that broke. I am starting to get real mad now.

Hexis
08-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Funny, I never have that problem with my HALO. ;)

(then again, I never have it with my pre BE revvy either)

Ov3rmind
08-26-2003, 04:51 PM
I will never part with my Pre BE Revy.

Automaggin2
08-26-2003, 04:55 PM
Im getting extremly mad. I might just go out and get a egg or something.

-=Squid=-
08-26-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Hexis

(then again, I never have it with my pre BE revvy either)

I concurr.

Clare
08-26-2003, 05:07 PM
I've put my Pre-BE shelled Revy through hell and it's still in one piece, I love that thing!

SlipknotX556
08-26-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Automaggin2
I am sooooooooooo mad. I just bought some brand new revvy shells at psp philly to use at shatnerball, well, i was playing with my gun today, and i set it down, and the neck just snapped off! This is the 4th revvy shell that i have had that broke. I am starting to get real mad now.

Yes, I know how you feel, my revvy broke in half like 3 days after I had it. But I think I know why mine broke...
I threw it against a wall, because it couldnt keep up with my timmy :)

shartley
08-26-2003, 05:15 PM
I also have not had a single problem with my pre-BE Revvy. I think my next hopper will be a Halo though, and pass my Revvy down to either my Son or Wife.

acecl22
08-26-2003, 05:15 PM
i hate revvy shells, they broke off in my feedneck, then i get a new pair and these are beginning to crack around the feedneck

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
08-26-2003, 05:20 PM
HAHA...you are just realizing this now? Why would you want to buy an egg...giving more money to the company that knows their revvie shells are defective and they aren't doing a damn thing about it.

in the words of an earlier post....

"Funny...I never have that problem with my HALO!"

*ArKfEaR*
08-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Never had a problem with Pre-BE, or recent revvys.

And the Evo II shells are fine.

Jon/xpm
08-26-2003, 05:27 PM
I think im going to go back to a revy...
any one know the specs of a was board revy with jmj impeller
how many bps free drop and how fast can it load?
halo shells keep on going on me...
really dont get hit much on the halo or anything of the sort
they just want to randomly crack all over...
i think im on the 3rd or 4th now...

f3rr3+
08-26-2003, 05:28 PM
its not the fact that the evo shells may be bad but the fact that your giving more money to BE... the maker of the bad shells... the one who is ripping you and alot of other people off... hey at least smart parts makes good products brass eagle just sucks....

Jon/xpm
08-26-2003, 05:32 PM
I see everyone posting pre be
how do you find out if a revy is pre be?
pre be were the good ones which didnt crack and were like rock solid?
pre be would be before the x board?
is their two different types of revy shells
cause ive seen revy break by getting shot in the shells?
Give me some tips so i can pick up a good revy
Thnxs
Jon/xpm

nt2004
08-26-2003, 05:49 PM
i got my revvie last september. I dropped it 5 feet onto the ground the other day. It bounced around and i checked it out. Not evena scratch! I must've gotten an old one

Hexis
08-26-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Jon/xpm

I know mine is because I purchased it before Brass Eagle purchased Viewloader. Mine is first gen, so the feed neck is painted on the inside to block sunlight. But I use my HALO B mostly.

Automaggin2
08-26-2003, 06:18 PM
Pre-BE revvys are 18 volt and a little bit faster.

1stdeadeye
08-26-2003, 06:30 PM
My revy NEVER breaks!!:p

Neither does my Eggo II.

But of course Colin you knew that! ;)

bornl33t
08-26-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

me either... but I have a ricochet if someone wants it...? hint hint

Grubel
08-26-2003, 07:41 PM
Pre BE revy here too. It's been through it all for the past 5 years and still works like new. BE should never have changed plastics.

FreshmanBob
08-26-2003, 07:43 PM

Not true, there were many many 12 volt pre BE revys made. They didn't have the x-board and if you compare them to the current revys its easy to notice several things. I know because I have one.

1. the plastic is totally different. It will flex instead of snapping
2. The feedneck diameters different, wider or narrower I forget
3. It's most likely beat up because unlike the current ones it takes a beating without breaking, and is probably a few years old.

Personally I think BE knows their shells are crap, knows they can make money off selling more shells and knows they can make even more money off getting all the fed up people to buy eggs. That way not only do you buy a revy, but when it breaks you've bought it already and theres a good chance you'll buy an egg too.

MarkM
08-26-2003, 08:01 PM

As above, no they weren't 18v Revvys. The hoppers were called Shredders, they had different gearing and paddles and a box underslung to fit the second battery, many stripped the gears as they were too fast then the revvy was made with a step down to allow two 9v batterys to only deliver 12v and both batterys fitted inside the body, no underslung box. I have owned all types of the VL hoppers except the single 9v one and I too had one broken shell but I was lucky as it was swapped for the "older" plastic shell (done as they were introducing the bad plastic) Buy a used black revvy and be done with it as they don't break...if you want the fancy colours then you take a chance as to wether it will break or not.

Hexis
08-26-2003, 08:01 PM

No they are not. There is a 12v and a 9v, just like after BE purchased VL.

There is an older 18v VL2000 "Shredder". The paddle design was not nearly as good as the Rev, and I suspect it feeds slower than the 12V Rev. The battery connections were worthless on the VL2000 and VL2000-Shredder. That chage alone was worth the cost of the 12V Rev.

CaliWagon31
08-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Once i bought my halo, that solved all my problems, i love it

LaW
08-26-2003, 08:09 PM
there was an 18v revvy, and if i can find it... i have the box that says it is an 18v viewloader revolution

fire1811
08-26-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Ov3rmind

ahh same here i have two pre BE revy's and have not had one problem with either of them :D

fastpitch321
08-26-2003, 08:40 PM
happened to the shell of a friend's revvy, but hasn't to me

FalconGuy016
08-26-2003, 09:26 PM
Halo all the way!

Quackman71
08-26-2003, 10:02 PM
The first revi i bought was a clear one. It was pre-BE and boy it was great. Yea it never broke, but it stank like crap (pop open the lid and smell inside) and it was unclean able no matter how much i scrubed it would not change from brown-ish clear. In the end i just threw it away. so now i got a pretty old black one and a brank spaking new revi. Hope it holds up.

Jon/xpm
08-26-2003, 10:04 PM
Quackman71-i totally know what your talking about
when i got my revy new.. this was back in the day
first thing when i noticed when i opened it
how bad it smelled...

WARPED1
08-26-2003, 11:00 PM
Everything BE touches, turns to crap. Like, as soon as they bought out JT and released the proteus, there was a recall. And for VL, well Revvies went to crap.

kenndogg
08-26-2003, 11:28 PM
pre be were the good ones which didnt crack and were like rock solid?
pre be would be before the x board?
is their two different types of revy shells
cause ive seen revy break by getting shot in the shells?
Give me some tips so i can pick up a good revy
Thnxs
Jon/xpm

pre-BE shells aren't as shiny as the newer shells. They're more of a dull color. Also note the VL logo. Pre-BE VL logo has a more cutesy look to it. The new ones has a more cutting edge "xtreme" look to them.

I had my pre-BE revvy for a couples years now and its been going strong until now. I decided to dye it, but when I was doing it I left the shells in the boiling water a little too long and it got all warped.
*stops typing and smacks himself*

xadamx
08-26-2003, 11:49 PM
ive got 2 pre BE revvys and love them to death. i need a halo though

Jon/xpm
08-27-2003, 12:04 AM
kenndogg-hey wats up man
you coming to the next dallas ao event?
hope to see you dere
thanks for the info
Jon/xpm

DocRocker
08-27-2003, 12:14 AM
I used to know the guy who orginally designed the whole VL. The way to tell a pre-BE revi is to look on the inside of the shells. He inscribed his initials, DB, on one side and the other guys initials on the other half. You have to look for it though. It was his way of autographing them. Once BE bought it they took this off. Kinda neat huh. I bet no one knew this.

kenndogg
08-27-2003, 05:09 AM
kenndogg-hey wats up man
you coming to the next dallas ao event?
hope to see you dere
thanks for the info
Jon/xpm

I more than likely be at the next AO. :)

LongDuckDong
08-27-2003, 06:08 AM

Funny... I have.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=897984

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=897978

And so have other people, do a search.

My Halo broke by just me pulling it off my ULE E-mag, I shipped it to oddssey in a nice big box with pocorn, I got it back rolling around in a small empty box and the new shell they put on looked like it was dragged accross the sidewalk.

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
08-27-2003, 07:55 AM
Thats strange...I sent my Halo back to Odyssey and it came back in the same box..in the same bag..and even better then new.

JEDI
08-27-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by CaPoEiRa
I've put my Pre-BE shelled Revy through hell and it's still in one piece, I love that thing!
Yeah, I still own (and use) the first Revy I bought. Its a champ!

Hexis
08-27-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by LongDuckDong

Funny... I have.

And so have other people, do a search.

My Halo broke by just me pulling it off my ULE E-mag, I shipped it to oddssey in a nice big box with pocorn, I got it back rolling around in a small empty box and the new shell they put on looked like it was dragged accross the sidewalk.

I would chalk the break to the having to sand it down too much to fit in a stock ULE feed neck. I went with an A+ Clamping feedneck so I wouldn't have the same problem.

As for Odyssey's failing customer service, I have no explaination. I have had my issues with them as well. My Halo B upgrade too way way way too long (something like 4 months).

EsPo
08-27-2003, 08:53 AM
pre be shells + re:loader guts = off teh heazy

LaW
08-27-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by EsPo

I agree :) hehe thats what I am running

EsPo
08-27-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by LaW

I agree :) hehe thats what I am running
Me too :)

But I've come to find that re:loaders are alot louder than revy's

i like tictacs
08-27-2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by EsPo

thats my backup loader to my EGG. egg4life

LongDuckDong
08-27-2003, 01:07 PM

I I went with an A+ Clamping feedneck so I wouldn't have the same problem.

Yeah... I'm waiting or my clamping feedneck from A+, they have them... just not annodized, they are expanding their shop. I just e-mailed them and they said they hope to have it to me by friday. I'm not in a hurry since I've been shooting my Angel Speed :)

Hexis
08-27-2003, 01:21 PM
I got a raw one from them last week. It's quite nice.

Mango
08-27-2003, 01:28 PM
My old halo and my new one that I just bought are both broken. So I had to buy a Revvy for the meantime. I hope it dosent break at shatnerball! I shaved the feedneck so it fits nicer onto my marker, do you think this will help minimize pressure on the feedneck of the revvy?

USAF-Flyboy with a Mag
08-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by SprayingMango
My old halo and my new one that I just bought are both broken. So I had to buy a Revvy for the meantime. I hope it dosent break at shatnerball! I shaved the feedneck so it fits nicer onto my marker, do you think this will help minimize pressure on the feedneck of the revvy?

Are you aware that Odyssey has a one year no questions asked warranty?

Evil Bob
08-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Actually Long, that happened because you didn't sand down the neck enough and had too tight of a friction fit. From the shear line, you were obviously twisting it to get it on and off, which is why it sheared right off at the top of the ULE feed neck.

Be happy that Odyssey will replace it no questions asked even if it is your fault that it broke in the first place.

-Evil Bob

shinobidice
08-27-2003, 07:52 PM
yea i got a revvy the shells broke, but pro paintball is gonna replace them for free cause i bought from then :) so its all good, just a little bit of a drive. I think im goin halo/eggy2 next though

trev_pbller
08-27-2003, 08:15 PM
I have had the feedneck problems too..under a month after I bought the Revvy, the feed neck broke off right in my high rise rtp body...It was actually too loose, so I wrapped the feedneck with black tape to make it thicker..not much pressure on it at all. Maybe took it out once or twice. Went to pull it out, it broke clean off. No twisting at all. And, my friends Revy broke later on that same day. :( Looks like the new ule emag is gonna need an egg or halo now :)

Trev

ICOM
08-28-2003, 01:05 AM
BE had to use there ideas again and ruin another great product. My Pre revy is still running perfect for 3 years now.