PDA

View Full Version : Co2 on automag...?

EasternRyder
08-27-2003, 12:11 PM
Im about to buy the TKO automag package off actionvillage.com and was wondering if you can use Co2 in a automag or does it have to be run wit nitro/compressed air? I dont have the money yet to get a tank and the gun so i dont want to go buy the gun and just have it sitting here not being shot if i cant use the Co2.....

Can somebody please answer my ?

Thanks
David

virus
08-27-2003, 12:19 PM
yes you can run co2 on your mag...

your best bet to help keep liquid out of the valve is to
have an anti-sphyon kit setup in your tank once you get
the mag....

jpm
08-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Many people forget or just haven't been around long enough know that Automags came about before HPA and were designed to run on CO2. The 68Automag that comes in the TKO package will be 100percent fine on CO2. Due to the number of O-Rings inside the Automag's valve assembly it is a good idea to take the proper steps to keep liquid from entering the internals.

EasternRyder
08-27-2003, 12:29 PM
THANKS!

silentdeath55
08-28-2003, 11:37 AM
Like the rest of the guys said, CO2 will work fine. I ran CO2 in my mag for a while. But now that I have compressed air, I will never go back. Comp. air will make your mag perform much better in my opinion. If you have enough cash I would recommend purchasing a comp. air tank, you WILL NOT regret it.

EasternRyder
08-28-2003, 11:41 AM
yea...im planning on prob getting a 48ci tank when i purchase the mag. I just have to get all the money first. But since my friends got a scuba tank and fill station i know spending the extra money will be worth it in SOOO many ways.

Im just glad that winter is ALMOST here and it will be cool enough to play. I hate living in Daytona Beach FL during the summer because its like too hot to even go to the beach......or at least it feels like it

EasternRyder
08-28-2003, 11:44 AM
ALSO! how does the J&J ceramic work and feel on your mag? I have it on my spyder and it works great! i was just wondering if its worth purchasing it again for the mag....

Nobody077
08-28-2003, 08:42 PM
The J&J's are good barrels, I havent owned one for mag but did borrow one and it worked good.
I ran my mag for 7 years on a anti-siphion 20oz Co2 and a expansion chamber without iny problems.
I would suggest saveing a little more cash and getting a nitro tank bigger than a 48ci, mags are a little air hungry compared to most guns, you will probaly be happier with a 66ci or 88ci.

nate2k191
08-30-2003, 01:23 AM
Yep, i ran CO2 on my 68. mag for a while too, even in 80-95 degree weather the gun would litterally freeze up, frost would form around the bolt and it would skip eventually and chop balls. i just HAD to get nitro, i got a 150$ pmi pure energy tank and it is great so far, also the balls dont drop off near as much when firing quicky, like others: i too, would never go back.