PDA

View Full Version : Airsmiths + waiting: how long is too long?

ß.C.
08-27-2003, 07:14 PM
NOTE* Brad Nestle, if you see this, it's not you. It's the airsmith that made me run to you to get the job done RIGHT, thanks man you are the best!

I sent my brand new emag norise body to an airsmith a while ago. He use to respond every day now he's responding once every month. I know that airsmiths are incredibly busy but how much is too much time to complete a project? To be more specific, I asked for:

Make flame cut out designs like the ovals on a minimag and the circles on an RT Pro, except flame teadrops.

He screwed it up, and now I think he's avoiding me. All I want to know is how much time is too much time? I know they are busy, but how much time should he have before I explode?(BTW I prepaid)

If I find that the vote shows that I have given him way too much time then I will freak and give out his name and make a thread on the whole story.

Thanks(for reading my venting),
Benny

manike
08-27-2003, 07:19 PM
I've been waiting over 4 years to get my PGP's back from Doc Nickel... still no sign of them :(

I think that is just a 'tad' too long ;)

Creative Mayhem
08-27-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by manike
I've been waiting over 4 years to get my PGP's back from Doc Nickel... still no sign of them :(

I think that is just a 'tad' too long ;)

Damn Simon!! what are having him do? re make them out of gold? ;)

CM

ß.C.
08-27-2003, 07:26 PM
manike - wow, are you sure he hasn't forgotten?

manike
08-27-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by ß.C.
manike - wow, are you sure he hasn't forgotten?

Fairly sure. I remind him once or twice a year... :rolleyes: :p :D

Meph
08-27-2003, 10:16 PM
I'd say 2 months.

For just some flames on the side of a mag body? That isn't exactly creating a whole new body for a prototype. But maybe I have a wrong idea on the detail of the flames....

Muzikman
08-28-2003, 11:49 AM
Custom work takes time. To be honest, depending on who it is, what type of work, etc... An airsmith that has a gun for a year is not unheard of and to be honest, should be expected. Now, 4 years is a little long, but my guess is that Simon told Doc, "Take your time, I don't need them back any time soon" and that's just what Doc is doing:)

manike
08-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Muzikman
Now, 4 years is a little long, but my guess is that Simon told Doc, "Take your time, I don't need them back any time soon" and that's just what Doc is doing:)

Not quite... They were sent out in 1999 and I said "just do something cool to make two of the guns into semi's (so I had a matching pair to gunsling with) and one into a stock class pistol", I don't need them until Big Game 2000...

And then I asked for them by Big Game 2001... and then 2002, then 2003...

And now I'm not sure what I am doing to be honest :D .

Dayspring
08-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Next thing you know, Manike has a yellow ribbon around the trees at home and is having a candle, lit 24/7 for the return of his "soldiers." :D

thei3ug
08-28-2003, 12:06 PM
manike and muz, i know you both have a bit of experience in this...

but let's say it's been a year and the job was cancelled by the smithy? What then?

Or it's been 2.5 years, and you really like the guy, and know he does good work cause you've seen it, but... don't know how to say "hey, what's up, i just wondered what's goin on" without being a jerk and maybe being put on a poop list?

I thought it would be a good idea to spread work around. Nope, just makes it harder to keep track of where your stuff is.

THink of it this way. you're doing business with someone cross country: it's never gunna work well.

ß.C.
08-28-2003, 05:23 PM
wow just looking at the votes I can tell that people definitely expect their stuff too early.

spydervenom
08-28-2003, 10:36 PM
maybe its because our turnaround is within a month always, but i think that 2 months is too long.

shartley
08-29-2003, 05:37 AM
Sometimes things happen…. but no matter how long a project takes, the person doing the work should always respond in a timely manner to any and all enquiries.

I find that "how long" something should take can often depend on the relative popularity of the person doing the work, and the trash talk (or just general complaining) also reflects that. This is a shame though since the actual situations (what is being done) can be exactly the same.

Like I said, sometimes “things” happen. But folks should look for an overall pattern of meeting timelines, and how well communication is kept. I find that even if I am slipping behind schedule, folks are generally understanding as long as I don’t appear to be ignoring them or avoiding them…. I also don’t take a premadana(sp?) attitude. Folks are paying for a service, not to BE serviced. ;)