PDA

View Full Version : RT Pro valve question ?

PB_Sniper
08-28-2003, 12:17 PM
If the valve is missing the power tube o'ring , other o'rings cracked, there were wrong parts in the RT, and some parts were put in backwards, is there anyway that the marker would function properly without leaking? Thanks for any help.

Dayspring
08-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Thing should piss air out of several places.

Why do you ask?

PB_Sniper
08-28-2003, 03:11 PM
Thanks, anyone else agree or disagree.

SocialD
08-29-2003, 02:07 PM
I agree!

Remington
08-29-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Dayspring
Thing should piss air out of several places.

Why do you ask?

Haha! Yea, I agree too. :D

PB_Sniper
08-29-2003, 02:51 PM
The story is that I sold a marker, worked perfectly fine when it left my hands. They got it, shot 200 paintballs with it and it worked fine. Next time they used it "something was wrong" so they had a field tech look at it. The problems above are what the tech said was wrong with it. My opion was it would have never shot 200 paintballs if these were the problems with it. I think that they got ripped off by the field tech, looking for some extra bucks.

SocialD
08-29-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by PB_Sniper
The story is that I sold a marker, worked perfectly fine when it left my hands. They got it, shot 200 paintballs with it and it worked fine. Next time they used it "something was wrong" so they had a field tech look at it. The problems above are what the tech said was wrong with it. My opion was it would have never shot 200 paintballs if these were the problems with it. I think that they got ripped off by the field tech, looking for some extra bucks.

I agree! But seriously, you would have noticed something wrong with the marker if all of these things were wrong with it. The fact that whoever bought the marker didn't notice any of these "problems" when they bought the marker would lead me to believe that the field tech was blowing smoke where the sun doesn't shine. Come on, the marker would leak like no tomorrow if the power tube o-ring alone was missing. Not to mention the other problems that this individual would be having.

whiskey29
08-31-2003, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I think it would leak like crazy considering it's quite high psi in the valve.
I don't see how a part can be put backwards, not in rt valve. because it just won't fit, moreover shot 200 balls ?

bubbleman441
08-31-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm the one who bought the RT and when I first went to test it, it started leaking out the bolt. When you pulled the trigger the air would stop leaking. After many attempts to get it to fire it started shooting. The thing was already gassed up so when I got home I shot 200 balls through it and it seemed ok. The next day I gasses it up to go paintballing and it started to leak again. The field owner said the power tube o'ring may be missing but he did know much about RT's so he left it along. I then took it to a respectable paintball shop and had the guy look at it. The power tube o'ring was gone and a few o'rings were damaged. He too was amazed I could ever shoot it. Also the on/off pin was the wrong one. The pin was not wide enough. I think it may have been the original valve on/off pin.
So yes it did leak.

SocialD
09-02-2003, 08:43 AM
I'd have to think that the marker would leak badly if the power tube o-ring was missing. Not to mention that the leak would not go away unless you pulled the trigger.

As far as the on/off pin goes, I believe that they are all the same diameter. I think that we could use a little more info about your marker to be able to offer more help. For example: is it a regular automag with a retro valve or an old school RT or an RT-Pro.

anthrakz
09-02-2003, 12:31 PM
If a power tube oring is missing the gun wouldn't shoot period. It would just leak all day, non stop until you ran out of air. That oring is the only thing between the air in the valve air chamber and the rest of the world. Maybe it got shredded and blew out of the barrel? The only other oring that are in the gun that can be damaged would be piston, on/off, reg seat, reg assy, and valve body. Any of those missing or damaged would also result in nonstop leaking. More than 1 oring going bad at once seems highly unlikely since there are several orings that don't do anything but seal, and should last years. Only the powertube oring and on/off orings are in heavy use, and are more prone to damage over time. More likely the orings that were in place when you purchased the gun were on their last legs and gave out in an untimely manner. It's nothing that a $20 parts kit can't cure I'm sure. Better than letting a "tech" gouge you.

athomas
09-03-2003, 09:21 PM
I agree, get a parts kit and replace all the o-rings. That way you will know everything is new and should be good for a number of years. Mags are good that way. They never really break. Also, only use genuine AGD parts in your mag if you want good performance.