PDA

View Full Version : Evolution 2 Questions

wobbles82
08-28-2003, 03:20 PM
K guys, my Evo2 came in the other day, and DAYAMN is it fast feeding. I know what most will say...is it really required to have that fast of a feed rate when you know you cannot shoot 18bps? Cuz I cant...lol. Well off the break when im unloading my hopper (on most fields, I play front and shooting off the break within spaces is a smart thing to do ;) ) with the revvy or a reloader I begin to get little slots where I just shoot air. Am I outshooting the hopper? I doubt it, its just the revvy and reloader have a few problems here and there, thats all. OK now, onto the real topic. How do most people get the feed tube down to where they want it to be?? I do not wanna mess this thing up...and if I do where do I buy replacements? :D Also, has anyone noticed more hopper hits or a lot less ability to balance the marker with this hopper?!?!? LMK! THANKS AO! :D

nt2004
08-28-2003, 03:26 PM
you can buy new feed necks for evos at a lot of places. My local proshops carry them and im sure you could find some easily on the internet

fire1811
08-28-2003, 03:27 PM
i cut my feedneck as far down as i could. the bend is right at the top of my vertbreech.
didnt notice any feedrate change at all

and i really like the way it balances the gun.

evo's are good hoppers

Evil Bob
08-28-2003, 04:02 PM
Yes, those spots where you are only shooting air are you outshooting your hopper.

Having a loader that can feed faster then you can possibly shoot means that the only limitations to your playing ability will be your own faults and weaknesses rather than the artificial ones that your hardware adds to the equation, this will allow you to play at your best and not be hampered by your gear.

-Evil Bob

covadsucks
08-28-2003, 05:11 PM
Amen to what Evil Bob said, but one word of advice, be gentle with the Egg2 as it's rather brittle in terms of build quality. My egg just fell apart last night, I picked it up and the front neck of the hopper fell off into three separate pieces. Thank god for my trusty HALO and old school Revvy.

rikkter
08-28-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by covadsucks
Amen to what Evil Bob said, but one word of advice, be gentle with the Egg2 as it's rather brittle in terms of build quality. My egg just fell apart last night, I picked it up and the front neck of the hopper fell off into three separate pieces. Thank god for my trusty HALO and old school Revvy.

maybe yours was bad, yours is the only 2nd case i've actually read, or heard about, but i'm sure there was more.

i've putten(is that a word?) my evo2 through hell and back, and the only damage i've done to it is on the feedbeck where it just gets scratchs.
works like a charm for me

fire1811
08-28-2003, 06:33 PM
my evo has been bullet proof
wish i could say the same about my halo
2 motors went into that thing.
although they payed for them both.
and my preBE revi is still chuggin away :D

covadsucks
08-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Mine was only six months old and I am back player, it's not like I am superman diving into the fifty every game. Plus I baby my gear so it'll last longer. I guess it was just meant to be a short lifespan.

Either way, treat them gently or you've just bought yourself an expensive paperweight...

FalconGuy016
08-28-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by wobbles82
I begin to get little slots where I just shoot air. Am I outshooting the hopper?

Shoulda got a Halo :)

<b>How do most people get the feed tube down to where they want it to be??</b>

<b>Also, has anyone noticed more hopper hits </b>

<b>a lot less ability to balance the marker with this hopper?!?!? </b>

tsk tsk... I wonder why? :)

(DONT BASH IM JUST IN GOOD FUN! :D)

fire1811
08-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016