PDA

View Full Version : 888paintball not working

PFNitroAutomag
08-28-2003, 06:08 PM
does anyone know whats going on with 888paintball.com. i ordered the inltelliframe and they sent me chrome instead or black and now there site is not working and there not anwsering there phones!!!!!!!!! does anyone know whats going on with them:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

LaW
08-28-2003, 06:10 PM
no clue, i would never order from them though

fastpitch321
08-28-2003, 06:15 PM
any place where their name is their phone number can't be too great... this includes 1800flowers, as well. Just seems sort of sketchy

FalconGuy016
08-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by fastpitch321
any place where their name is their phone number can't be too great... this includes 1800flowers, as well. Just seems sort of sketchy

Why is that?

pbzmag
08-28-2003, 07:43 PM
I ordered my new green xmag from them and it arrived one day earlier than I expected. Of course, I only ordered from them once.

BajaBoy
08-28-2003, 07:48 PM
i really hate 888 paintball.. but they are south jersey and im north jersey, so i get paint over night:D

thecavemankevin
08-28-2003, 07:50 PM
888paintball has been a paintball store/mail order since back before the interenet was really around. I use to order from them quite frequently a few years back. Never had a problem with them.

I know their site has had somewhat frequent problems, with randomly going down. But if they aren't answering the phones i don't know.....weird.

rpm07
08-28-2003, 08:08 PM
The site is down. Let me put it this way they aer never going out of bussiness. If they go out so does paintball.
I am sure they get a few hundred orders a day so a few mistakes are going to happen.

Big'n slo
08-28-2003, 09:57 PM
I was on this morning. They had a message posted that they will be closed till Tuesday.

PFNitroAutomag
08-28-2003, 10:54 PM
hey if this is true bignslo i thank you thats what i wanted to know

dinger
08-29-2003, 07:27 AM
you know whats really dumb?
is how they have SO much crap to go and buy, but then none of it is ever in stock... wtf...

but through the grapevine, i have heard that they have REALLY bad service...

888 5ux0rz
i would recommend www.paintballdiscounters.com www.firstcallpaintball.com and www.pbfanatics.com

Albinonewt
08-29-2003, 07:37 AM
I usually order from paintball online (http://www.paintballonline.com) but I had to order from 888 paintball to get my pants and slide shorts in time for Shatner, and I got them both the next day.

So I have no complaints.

Can_Opener
08-29-2003, 02:11 PM
888 is on vacation until Tuesday, they had a little ad for in the lower left of their pages.

dinger
08-29-2003, 03:52 PM
hmm...

on a scale of 1-10, what would you declare the quality of 888pb's site, product availability, and Customer Service??

id give the site a 8. the availability [stock] of items would be a 3, and from what i hear the service is like a 2.
:o

bmexline
08-30-2003, 08:36 AM
service is absolutely pathetic. ill tell a story which shows their suckiness and my impatience.
i call on a thursday night and talk to jeremy, i ask him if they have the newest emags w/ lvlx and xvalve. he says "yes". i tell him i dont care what body it has because im going to ule it anyway and can he go back, open a box up and make sure the valve in the back of the gun is "black" and says "emax" on it as opposed to silver/grey and says "emag" on it. he says sure, puts me on hold, and comes back 5 min later and says that they are the new ones. i place my order for the gun and some other items totaling over 1200$. i tell him i want it for this weekend and he says the only way to do that is to pay for overnight shipping and for saturday delivery which would be 86$ shipping. i go ahead and do it and the items ship friday just like they should and the package comes saturday just like it should. i open the box up and guess what version emag i have. grey emag valve and no lvlx. i call jeremy who is working on saturday and ask him what happened he doesnt have an answer. i said "i thought you opened the box and checked?" he says that he spoke to the lady in shipping and she said they were the new versions. i asked if they ANY of the new version and he said that they didnt. which he knew immediately, its not like he had to go down and open a bunch of boxes to make sure. he just answered that they did not. i told him i wanted to return the gun and be reinbursed for shipping since i never would have ordered it overnight/saturday if they didnt have the correct gun. he told me to call customer service on monday. monday roles around and i call cs and talk to max. he says that a return is no problem, gives me and rna number and says that 24-48 hours after they receive the package i will be refunded for the gun AND the shipping. i ship it back to them and they receive it wednesday at 11:00 am. friday comes around 48 hours later and still no refund. so i call and max tells me that their return department is really backed up and it should be by monday. monday comes around no refund. i call tuesday and max assures me that it will be by no later than friday (yesterday). think i have my money now? heck no. i call yesterday around 5:00 and find out they are closed until tuesday, which max new when i talked to him on tuesday but didnt bother to tell me. now im getting a little concerned because not only do i not have the 800$ gun that i purchased but i also dont have a refund and its starting to look like i may not get it. i asked max who the department mananger was and he said that he is the manager. the only person higher than him is the owner so i guess come tuesday im calling the owner to find out what is going on. it took them 30 seconds to charge my card for the gun when i ordered it and now it takes them almost 2 weeks to credit it back???

buyer beware, this is how they do business when the mistake is THEIRS!! imagine trying to get a refund if you just change your mind and what to return something because you didnt like it when you received it.

im done now, thanks for reading lol

FalconGuy016
08-30-2003, 08:56 AM
Oh yes... memorial day weekend I forgot... lol

thecavemankevin
08-30-2003, 09:33 AM
not trying to say they don't have bad customer service, but usually when a credit is issued back it take 7-10 business days from the time it was issued to get back to your card.

But there is no excuse for why it has taken so long for your credit to be issued.

dinger
08-30-2003, 11:01 AM
man o man o man... 888 cs sure does make it really easy to abuse the cuss filter...

my friend had some issues with 888 like that too :o it took like 1 month to return his stuff and get his money back.

as much as i dislike 888 stock and cs, my brother got his stuff in a jiffy [just a player package] so it makes me wonder... with high-priced buyers, they try to screw them over?? hmm

nate2k191
08-30-2003, 01:58 PM
when i first started playing paintball in like '98 i loved it and wanted a gun i think i bought a gun and package in 2000, since i ordered a spyder compact 2000.. anyway i ordered it from 888 along with the package (co2, hopper, and stuff) i got my stuff and it was great. i didnt have any complaints in mind, but when writing this i realized that i do have a complaint. yea, my first time paintballing with the equipment my co2 tank practically explodes, liquid co2 goes everywhere freezing my gun over and hurting my hand.. the co2 tank has a part in it and when it gets over a certain temperature it breaks ( i live in Texas and it broke during shipment im sure, sitting in a ups truck in a box probably 120º) but i guess thats not really 888's fault.. mabey ups ?

-=Squid=-
08-30-2003, 04:11 PM
888paintball...sketchy? Sorry, but it makes me laugh.

bmexline
01-10-2004, 12:40 PM
just thought i would resurect this thread and report that i JUST got the credit for my $85 shipping yesterday. i had a previous post a little higher up explaining the situation. i have been fighting with them since august. yup thats 5 months to get them to issue the credit. i have called them every 2 weeks during that time. they kept telling me that the credit was approved and that the crediting department was just backed up. lol. didnt take them 5 months to CHARGE my card when i ordered the gun.

p8ntball1016
01-10-2004, 01:10 PM
I have been ordering products from 888 Paintball for almost 2 years and have never had a single problem. I have ordered 2 markers and numerous upgrades without problems. UPS on the other hand...

Mindflux
01-10-2004, 01:18 PM
They do have good prices on some stuff, although I've never ordered from them.

They are owned by national, so they're not just some fly by night operation.