seizurepants
08-28-2003, 08:38 PM
what would happen if i used a stock automag bolt bumper in my e mag

seizurepants
08-28-2003, 09:27 PM
does no one know

redlaser666
08-28-2003, 10:07 PM
The stock blue bumper is harder, so it will last longer, but produce more kick in the gun.
I used a stock blue bumper on my RT because LV X chews up the clear bumper.

seizurepants
08-28-2003, 10:16 PM
so it wont break anything?

jpm
08-28-2003, 10:54 PM
I recall someone making a post along these same lines when someone reported that their lv10 was "eating the bumpers" and mentioned they switched to the blue bumper from a classic valve for a more durable solution. Now, I can't remember if said party was using an X-Valve or not, but someone of some knowledge (blackVCG, Miscue, Dayspring, someone alone those lines) responded to the point that the increased force of recoil on the valve (due to using the harder blue bumper) coupled with the inheirant increase in ROF, found in E-Mags and RTs vs. Classics, could lead to cracks in the hard aluminium surface protected by the bumper. I could be completely wrong, but it might be worth your time to do a couple of searchs on bumper wear.

athomas
08-29-2003, 08:08 AM
The softer bumper supplied with the emag/rt was to absorb more impact to reduce vibration and recoil caused by the increased rate of fire of these markers. The harder blue bumper is more durable and recommended as an alternative by AGD until a better soft bumper can be found. The valve will suffer no ill effects using the blue bumper. The front of the valve is stainless steel and is the same as the AIR valve which also uses the blue bumper.

jpm
08-29-2003, 10:15 AM
Here are a couple of threads concerning this issue.

Here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97482&perpage=30&pagenumber=1)
And here (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98236&highlight=Chewed+Bumper)

And now that I've gone searching it was Magman007 that talked about cracking the powertube back on the retro-valve. BlackVCG does however give us a good solution to the problem, I've been using this method and it works.

Branchvillian
08-29-2003, 12:20 PM
Mine is all ripped to shreads, I suppose I should get a new one before it's too late. Why is it that the E mags have the less durable clear ones?

BlackVCG
08-29-2003, 03:08 PM
The blue bumper "recommendation" was made without putting enough research into the effects of using them on the RT valves. It won't chew up like the clear bumpers, but it will causing long term issues such as bolt and sear wear.

Gluing down the bumpers has been something I've done for awhile and after enough field testing, I decided to post the idea here on AO. So far everyone that has done this has had good results. I'm going to take it one step further and put a radius on the I.D. of the bolt so it doesn't have a sharp corner that impacts the bumper.

Get a new bumper, go to the Hobby Store and buy the IC2000 glue and clean the base of the PT with alcohol and clean the bumper side you're going to glue, put about 4-5 drops on the PT and put the bumper on and turn it around and to spread out the glue and let it cure for at least 12hrs. With that done, your bumper should never wear out.