PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever own a gx4

i_baked_cookies
08-28-2003, 09:09 PM
im gettin a gx4, has anyone ever owned one? i just want a review on it an how good it was.

FreakBaller12
08-28-2003, 09:12 PM
get a new barrel
never shot one thought
funny lookin midget barrels tho

puckmaster
08-28-2003, 10:00 PM
ANS isnt the best brand out there. There products dont seem up to par with wgps aftermarket stuff, I had a ans 3 way, and it never worked right(it leaked.) and a friend had an LPR made by them, and it was crappy.

Russ
08-28-2003, 11:51 PM
My son uses a GX-3...

The gun has been absolutely flawless in over 2 years of playing. Clean it, oil it, & play. No problems or issues at all. A great gun, at a great price. I'd say it's a real value...

...the GX-4 looks like it will be a winner, too. The hinge trigger is nice (but I like the "quickfire" trigger of the GX-3)I don't care for the funky drop & the midget barrel of the "4", though :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/p026665c80db0c86f24459a25ea058716/fc3e7541.jpg

i_baked_cookies
08-29-2003, 06:51 PM
anyone else?

lazyprsn
08-29-2003, 07:10 PM
I have a gx-3. It has never broken down, and ive never had any problems with it. Just dont play with it in freezing weather because the bolt freezes up and shoots out.

The gx-4 is mostly the same gun as the gx-3 except for the barrel, trigger and drop forward, so it should work as well as the gx-3 does, if not the same, better.

-=Squid=-
08-29-2003, 11:27 PM
A guy at my field has a pumpkin/black fade GX4, and in all honesty, its been one of the few cockers I every really wanted. If I were to get a cocker, it would DEFINETILY be a GX4, performs nicely, and looks so perfect...

spydervenom
08-29-2003, 11:41 PM
i'll take the barrel :)

FRENZY
08-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Sorry to jump off the topic, but I had too...
Smee, have you ever been to Kodova Milk Bar?
If so how is it?

EsPo
08-30-2003, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't go with ANS.

Russ
08-31-2003, 10:09 PM
EsPo says,
I wouldn't go with ANS.But please enlighten us as to why you wouldn't "go" with ANS?

NJPaint
08-31-2003, 10:57 PM
Friends of mine shoots a GX-4 as a backup, though I have never shot it myself, I am impressed with it, even though its a cocker. Once you get over the cocker bit, they are nice guns...

EsPo
09-01-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Russ
EsPo says,But please enlighten us as to why you wouldn't "go" with ANS?
I wouldn't 'go' with ANS because I've owned two jackhammers before, both of them decided to break on me, give me crappy consistancy, or just.. not work (example- I'd turn the knob out to make LPR pressure go down... it would go up or not move at all... even within many shots). But, thats probably just my crappy luck kicking in...I will admit, their stuff is cheap though.

Oh yeah.. I also owned 2 of their quickpull bolts, both defective.. both popped out and hit my mask..

Ter-Me-Nate
09-01-2003, 07:26 AM
well, from what i have been told and seen, ANS is about the best cocker/stuff you can get. My friend has all ANS parts on all his cockers and they shoot perfect everytime,
and he just ordered a GENX 4 for a guy that plays with us and it is sweet

shoots very smooth,
hard to short stroke
perfect paint job

sweet gun

primetime
09-01-2003, 07:33 AM
Our new teamate has a GenX 4 with the Eblade that thing rocks the field. But still nothing like my Xmag.

Shyne151
09-01-2003, 01:01 PM
ANS is absolute crap. My friend has a GX3 that is one of the worse guns I have ever played with. It chops like no other, the bolt flies out the back. And it has been retimed numerous times. Nothing fixes it.

-=Squid=-
09-01-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Ter-Me-Nate
well, from what i have been told and seen, ANS is about the best cocker/stuff you can get. My friend has all ANS parts on all his cockers and they shoot perfect everytime,
and he just ordered a GENX 4 for a guy that plays with us and it is sweet

shoots very smooth,
hard to short stroke
perfect paint job

sweet gun

Although I DO like ANS, you have been lied to my friend. Shocktech all the way :D

EsPo
09-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by -=Squid=-

Although I DO like ANS, you have been lied to my friend. Shocktech all the way :D
If your getting a cocker...

Palmers pneus, FBM body, Freeflow internals, and an eclipse or kapp hinge.

Automaggin2
09-01-2003, 09:02 PM
I have never had a problem with my Genx3 at all. well, the only problem i had was my reg seat actually blew apart at shatnerball, but I knew what the problem was and it took 3 seconds to fix.

I shoot usually +/-2 fps over a chrono, depending on my paint and the weather.

I just got a ANS delrin bolt for it, and it works like a charm. I have chopped one ball out of over 20 cases through it. I pinch most paint

nerobro
09-02-2003, 02:01 AM
Okey, i think it's time for an ANS rant.

I've been playing paintball for a long time. However there aren't a lot of compoents I've seen "really" fail.

I've seen several rams fail. All of them were clippard. all of them were mini-rams. ANS's miniram is a clippard miniram. the shaft broke off on the ANS ram I had to pleasure of working with.

ANS 3 ways appear to be hungery for o-rings. they are very large diameter. And this is a great way to create a 3 way that has more drag. This means you need to run a heavier trigger spring. I've "fixed" cockers just by swapping BACK to the stock 3 way. the ans one is just a headache waiting to happen.

Okey, one more problem. ANS's rams are mini, so you need to run a higher pressure. Higher LPR pressures make the 3 way bind more. And then you need a heavier trigger spring again.

ANS's LPR is questionable at best. it's got a small piston, no blowoff to save your pneumatics, and there's no way to run it without a knob on the front. (a problem for several reasons.. mostly on other guns that lpr ends up on.... an adjustable LPR on an impulse is the equivilant of a dial a welt on a spyder)

ANS's inline reg. is a decade old design. And as has been demonstrated in our own classic mags they start to show dropoff at 9bps. It too has a very very small piston. And yet it sells for MORE than a stabilizer, or sidewinder. (it's a direct clone of the Unireg, and heck even AA doesn't like the unireg anymore)

What ANS does well... is their trigger frame. They seem to do hard parts ok. The bodies on their cockers, their hammer kits. Are all good parts. Not that they are easy parts to "get wrong"

So.... stick to ANYBODY elses front end parts and you're ok :-)

(though if you want the best, use palmer, or shocktech. if they aren't options, the stock stuff rocks)

lew
09-02-2003, 04:30 PM
I've shot a GX-4 a while ago. It wasn't terrible, but the inline reg had horrible consistency, even after it was cleaned. The trigger was a little sloppy. I own the Miniram and I can't wait to get a new ram. It is pretty loud and it requires a high operating pressure.
Your best bet would to be build a custom Cocker.

-=Squid=-
09-02-2003, 05:11 PM
KEEKEKEKE

<('.'<)

GT
09-02-2003, 05:29 PM
for a little more cahnge you can get a nice works or FF. Hell buy a stock 2k3 or a kast. For a "regular" cocker they are pretty sweet.

Ov3rmind
09-02-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

You have a good taste in Cocker parts EsPo. Just get a FF Body if you have the cash over a FBM. Also, have you seen the CCM Hinge? saweeeeeet! I use an Eclipse, but I think I would probably consider a CCM over it.

The only decent thing I've seen ANS turn out is their slider frame. Everything else they make is mediocre or sub par.

-=Squid=-
09-02-2003, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by EsPo

That would be the specs on YOUR cocker, so of course they are the best :D