PDA

View Full Version : need new mask. Invision or V-force

jdev
08-29-2003, 01:14 PM
looking to get a new mask.

wondering which of the 2 would be the better to go with. I have a flex7 and the lens is going on it, and i decided to get a new mask to upgrade my equipment.

the v-force looks to have a better viewing area, which I find as a plus. but would both of them compare to the jt thermal lens, where it is pretty good as an anti-fog lens..

any input is appreciated.

bmexline
08-29-2003, 01:31 PM
i did a lot of research on this before deciding on the morph the other day. of the "small" masks the general consensus is that the proteus is more comfortable than the invision but the invision looks better. i tried both of them on and decided that the proteus was considerably more comfortable than the invision. i had made up my mind on the invision when someone suggested the morph. so after doing a lot of research on the morph that is what i finally decided on. it is much more comfortable and absolutely does not fog. its a "larger" style mask, not as big as the flex7 or spectra line but definitely larger than the invision or proteus. it also doesnt look as good imo. the clarity of the morph lense is astounding. its almost like not looking through any lense at all. compared to the jt thermal lense, there really is no comparison. if your more worried about looks get the inv or proteus. if you are more concerned about fit/comfort and a lense you can change in 15 seconds then get the morph. they are all about the same $.

banzaimf
08-29-2003, 01:32 PM
I am a big headed bass terd and I find the coverage of the morph to be pretty good. I also love the lens, the much lauded "easy to remove" lens system works as advertised. I still haven't fogged them up while waddling at high speed.

Kid_A
08-29-2003, 01:34 PM
I'm getting my morph today, so I'll let you know what I think. I've had a proteus for a while now and there are few things I don't like about it, but the pain involved in removing/installing a lense really tops my list, and from what I hear the invision is supposed to be an even bigger pain in the butt when it comes to that.

1stdeadeye
08-29-2003, 01:57 PM
I just picked up a Morph last month to replace my year old V-Force Shield. Comfortable, doesn't fog and the quick change visor rules! The field of vison is also great.

If you go morph, get a tinted shield. It is well worth it for speedball!

Python14
08-29-2003, 02:15 PM
While I think Morphs are comfy and all, I think Invisions are more comfortable. It seems my face fits the Invision very well.

But your best bet is to choose the one you like more and are willing to wear for the longest. As good as my flex-7 is, I can't wear it more than 15 minutes or so before I just HAVE to take it off. When I borrowed an Invision for a few days, I would wear it home from the field because I forgot my sunglasses, AND it was that comfortable....also cuz I drive by a daycare and it freaked the kids out.

FooTemps
08-29-2003, 02:56 PM
V-forces are nicer than invisions IMO. This is because the last time I wore invisions there was still a whole bunch of distorition.

armyboot
08-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Wait till after the cup and get the new Vforce profiler.

It's like a slightly smaller morph.

Kid_A
08-29-2003, 04:22 PM
And damn does the lense look cool. However, I still prefer the looks of my proteus mask when everything is installed. After trying on the morph, I definately found it comfortable. The padding and the overall feel of the mask is a bit tighter and harder than my proteus, but still comfortable. If you order the tinted lenses like I did, you also get a pair of clear ones in the bag. I think I'm going to LOVE the quick release system on the lenses during and after a day of play. I'll have to get back to you on how I feel about the morphs after playing this sunday.

TheDuelist
08-29-2003, 04:31 PM
I have used a Morph since they were released and have found it to be one of the best investments I have made. I live in central Florida and temps here get well into the 90's with 90 - 95% humidity all the time and I have yet to have my Morph fog. Ever. It fits well, is easy to swap lenses and when I was at World Cup I stopped by the VForce tent and they gave me a brand new mirrored lense for free. I hav never had a problem with my mask. Prior to getting the Morph I used JT products and have yet to find one to match the Morph.

dinger
08-29-2003, 05:17 PM
ok im not reading anyones posts... because im not having your opinion hamper mine.

id take an invision in a flash over a silly v-force.

why?
because invisions have thermal lenses, excellent ventillation, and good protection [unless you are "larger" and a 2nd chin hangs down]. morphs do have a spiffy lense, but its single lense. and it only comes with the factory anti-fog coating. my friend as his dad both got morphs. when they first got them they thought they were the best things since sliced bread, but now that they have used them for quite a while, they now begin to fog up.

so my 2¢ says INVISION all over it

banzaimf
08-29-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by dinger
... my friend as his dad both got morphs. when they first got them they thought they were the best things since sliced bread, but now that they have used them for quite a while, they now begin to fog up.

yeah, lenses do that after they've been used for a while. :rolleyes:

FooTemps
08-29-2003, 06:45 PM
ok im not reading anyones posts... because im not having your opinion hamper mine.

why?
because invisions have thermal lenses, excellent ventillation, and good protection [unless you are "larger" and a 2nd chin hangs down]. morphs do have a spiffy lense, but its single lense. and it only comes with the factory anti-fog coating. my friend as his dad both got morphs. when they first got them they thought they were the best things since sliced bread, but now that they have used them for quite a while, they now begin to fog up.

Uh, all older lenses do that... even if they're thermal... You know why? The layers eventually crack. BUT, the single lense will give out sooner than the double.

Also, the invision still has the worst thing in a mask... DISTORTION. I use a v-force shield, when I tried the invision I noticed there was a lot of distortion at the top and bottom of the lense.

jaylock33
08-29-2003, 06:54 PM
I have the invisions and am really happy with them. The only down side is if you take a mask shot you eat a lot of paint more so than any mask I've ever used.

TSalPaintball
08-29-2003, 07:10 PM
I would go with the invison, but thats my opinon, find some people at your local feild, with these mask, and nicely ask them if you could try them for a game or two and see what YOU like best.

FooTemps
08-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Yeah, that's the problem with the invision. You eat tons of paint in mask shots. BUT, the profile is better than the morph with visor. The invision also fits a lot tighter than the morph so it has less wobble.

edit: removing sig from post

darwin
08-29-2003, 07:19 PM
I didnt really try on to many masks before i got my morph but i love that mask to death.

I would definitely recomend it also with the amber lenes

FooTemps
08-29-2003, 07:28 PM
now that you mention lenses... v-force lenses are a pain to find for cheap.

edit: removing sig from post

dinger
08-29-2003, 09:47 PM
the v-force armor and shield lenses are 15$ a piece, or you can buy a brand new v-force shield for 20$!!! :D :D lol

Miscue
08-29-2003, 09:56 PM

why?
because invisions have thermal lenses, excellent ventillation, and good protection [unless you are "larger" and a 2nd chin hangs down]. morphs do have a spiffy lense, but its single lense. and it only comes with the factory anti-fog coating.

It's not a coating. The anti-fog is built into the lens... that's all you need. Thermal (which means it has two-pieces) lenses degrade over time, and crap can get in between the two pieces.

I really like the VForce lens, with it being optically correct. Out of the reasons you listed... I'm not sure what your point is because the VForce offers the same thing.

Mossman
08-30-2003, 03:01 AM
Yo susan, if this trade I'm working out for a TSA doesn't go down I'll hook you up with a Morph for ILL cheap dawg. Common, why even mask. You know what Sam uses, so you know Vforce has gotta be the best.

Anyhow, if my trade doesnt go down you could have either one of my morphs (green or gunmetal) for like 25-30 bucks, depending on the fun-ness of AO day 4. :)

jdev
08-30-2003, 06:10 AM
everyone.

thanks for your opinion. I think I am going to go with the v-force morph and give that a try. see how it works out for me.

personally, i dont think painball is a fashion show, so I dont care how "cool" the mask looks. as long as I have a decent field of vision, with no distortion and no fog, its a good mask for me. most importantly, if the mask does its job..

sammo.

i may take you up on that. keep a brotha posted. my flex 7 is now beyond use unless i replace the lens (stupid inside layer is just wiping off.. )

so, yea, ill prolly steal that from you @ the meet.

FalconGuy016
08-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Two of my friends have invisions. They are amazing, I love them. But the only problem is that they are picky for faces. You have to try one on and make sure it will fit you, because aparently it doesnt for a lot of people. Otherwise you'll have an awesome mask that fits like a GLOVE! You really shouldnt pass up the invision just on what people say, you really gotta try one on.

dinger
08-30-2003, 10:59 AM
miscue-
how is an anti-fog solution inserted into a lense??? and is that something new? because maybe thats why some older lenses suck.

hmm i need to research some stuff... i feel like im living in the past with old info [lenses, my ICD thread and the bko regs, loaders...]

Miscue
08-30-2003, 11:51 AM
Well, it's cured to the lens and lasts a long time. You'll end up replacing it from scratches well before it wears off, which I've yet to see happen.

jdev
08-30-2003, 11:58 AM
miscue-

i think thats actually what happened to my flex 7. a thin layer of what looked like plastic wrap just started peeling off of my mask. more likely i scratched it once as i wiped it off..

ThatOtherGuy
08-30-2003, 08:48 PM
why is this a freakin controversy....

Invisions rul the ish..
it does fog alittle with the stock lenses but put alittle fog away stuff on em and ur good to go...

the invision bounces ballz like crazy...

i tried on my friendz morph for a game and that thing sux..

seriously, you think the invision is too tight, the morph sticks to your face,

last but not least i never even heard of that other mask..

be smart buy an invision

AcemanPB
08-31-2003, 12:35 AM
I live in Georgia. During the summer it can get really hot and REALLY humid. The Morph is the only mask I've seen not have fogging issues. Eventhough people with Invisions hardly ever fog, I have seen a few cases.

IMO the Morph looks really stupid and the Invision looks really cool. Most of the paintball market is based on looks.... with that being said, I own a morph :)