Thread: Met a member of an Old School ALL-MAG Team....

Met a member of an Old School ALL-MAG Team....

the original all Automag Tournament team called "DAMAGE INC." of New Jersey (who use to play at the old South Hackensack indoor field) from the late 80's and early 90's came by the shop recently. He brought in his old 68 Classic from his playing days and threatened to take me out in the back and light me up with it.

I have never seen a marker that old yet still performing flawlessly. He kept it very clean but the marker hasn't seen the light of day in about six to seven years. After changing all the o-rings, oiling it up and gassing it up, he proceeded to rip on it. Damn he was quick.

I can't think of any other marker out there that can match up with a 'Mag on the basis of durability and longevity...can you?

LOL! Yea I remember the Damage Inc guys. Their logo was a skull with a paintball blowing a hole through it. In those days skulls were a common logo.

AGD

"I can't think of any other marker out there that can match up with a 'Mag on the basis of durability and longevity...can you?"

people have hella old tippys that still work

www.TeamNever.com

Originally posted by AGD
    In those days skulls were a common logo.
    Yes they were. Remember the logo that was a skull with lightning bolts through it?

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant

Still alive and kicking...

My original 68 Automag hails from a 2nd place finish for 10-man at the 1993 IAO (Avant Garde). It has a black teflon upper body that Tom laser engraved for us with our team name. I later used that marker to win the 5-man 1996 IAO (Team Raptor). Both of these teams were pretty much all-Mag.

I continued to use that marker everytime I played until this year when I replaced it as primary with my X-Mag and moved it to back-up duties. Routine oiling and replacing an occasional o-ring or reg seat, and that marker never failed to work as it should.

It may not be the fastest or the flashiest marker out there, but I always walked onto the tournament field knowing my marker wasn't going to let me down...

Tom knows how to make a product that lasts!
    Last edited by bsolomon; 09-10-2003 at 05:15 PM.

Originally posted by tony3
    "I can't think of any other marker out there that can match up with a 'Mag on the basis of durability and longevity...can you?"

people have hella old tippys that still work
    Beh, that new-age marker?

Go VM!

Actually way way back in the day Bad Company of MD ( back then there was a Us and UK Bad Co) were big time sponcered from Tippmann first with 68 Specials and then with ProAms. Heck if you patten search you find the Power Feed adapter that John pattened for the ProAm's

But will all the crap I get from my team and customers for shooting a Mag, They have never seen me with a broken gun on field. in 12 years or so of Tournament paintball my gun has NEVER gone down in a game to the point where I could not at least shoot someone.

Examples - Trip and fall Bend rail, try to shoot fast and its shoots down, shoot slow it works fine, shoot 2 more players pull flag and win, replace rail 2 games later to the same thing but break the grip frame off, Finish game with a 14ci 3k tank dangeling under the gun with me working the trigger rod/clevis

Takes a beating and keeps on killing muppets

Mag Life ! Yo

-Robert
    Serving AGD customers since 93, wishing I could beat some common since into some of them about 5 hrs later.

Guess what....

Originally posted by RobAGD
    But will all the crap I get from my team and customers for shooting a Mag, They have never seen me with a broken gun on field. in 12 years or so of Tournament paintball my gun has NEVER gone down in a game to the point where I could not at least shoot someone.
    the player from Damage Inc. said the same exact thing. He is coming out of retirement and his next marker is an X-Mag.

Ease up on those muppets, you thug.....

was he like the guy on the mag video firing 9bps on a single trigger with his index finger? that guy is my idol.

lol, I love the mag video

That guy in the video is Tim aka Sandman from Team Swarp and Fox River Games.

-Robert

sandmand is from team swarm. fox paintball has mags on compressed air as rentals. we have 250 mags on air and some guns are 10 years old and you would never know. we gave tom a valve that we engraved field #1 that finaly broke after 10 years and hundreds and hundreds of rentals by customers.tim has pretty much retired as a player and now holds the glorious position as field owner of fox paintball and avid pinball machine collector.

Quote Originally Posted by AGD View Post
    LOL! Yea I remember the Damage Inc guys. Their logo was a skull with a paintball blowing a hole through it. In those days skulls were a common logo.

AGD
    You mean this logo?Name:  248433739_4931157713563714_6061388131144884632_n.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  74.8 KB

HOLY NECRO POST.

Bumping up a thread that can almost legally drink in the US is either a testament to the storage of this place or we really need to update our topics...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    HOLY NECRO POST.

Bumping up a thread that can almost legally drink in the US is either a testament to the storage of this place or we really need to update our topics...
    Just reminiscing about the old days. Hard to find any of it online and when you do it's cool.