Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Classic Valve and ULT trigger don't mix"... my a**(video)

i loved my classic valve with the ult...I was dumb enouph to trade it in for in Xvalve...I should have kept it, i could walk it, plus when i was ripping on it i could out shot my revy with xboard easy. i miss it. oh well the Xvalve is nice, but i will alway miss that classic valve. when you set it up right in a clasic its awsome. i even had guys at my local paintball shop and field drooling over it =P

Hey, PM me. I can host that video for you for a little while if you like. In any case, I'd like to see it.

i wanna see, i wanna see
    -fully upped mech mag (magzilla) www.havoc-online.com
    -upped 68 mag (class) My Feedback AIM = nate2k191
    -live in peace TK-
    AO-TX

I'll try to put up the link as soon as he gets the file to me. I'll post it here.

file sent, it should be up pretty soon.......
    Last edited by silentdeath55; 01-17-2004 at 01:56 PM.

You may have to download it

Here ya go:

ULT Video

You may have to download it to your machine for it to play because it's in WMV format.
    The arrogance of other people annoys me. My own doesn't bother me a bit.

My Feedback

just an update... Today I measured the weight of the pull on my classic w/ULT by means of a spring scale. From the bottom edge of my double trigger (intelliframe), the pull is 135 grams. With an online conversion from grams to ounces, the pull equals 4.7619849 ounces.

Now I didnt figure for the weight of the trigger, but I did factor out the weight of the scale. More updates when I get a more precise scale...

I tried 4ULT shims and 4 LX shims and it leaked out the back. When I wnet down to 2 lx shims it didn,t respond. Come to think of it my tank is not filled though. Doh!!!
    Why would it leak out the back though?

It'll leak out the back if your velocity is turned up too high. Try backing out the velocity screw a little bit.

Does the ULT increase velocity? My velocity before was fine and it did not leak out the back w/ the old on/off assembly.

Once I get it working I plan to dump my Impulse so I will keep my fingers crossed.

Does the ULT increase velocity?
    I think it decreases velocity... because I have to have mine turned all the way up in order to get the 285 fps...

That would make sense to me. Will do some more testing tonight

Old Mag-

FYI....If you have an older Classic valve w/ LX you may have to switch the reg piston out for a newer one (they vent at higher pressure than the older ones).

what would happend if i put a rt on/off in the minimag valve? I was just wondering.

Thanks
    AGD MiniMag
    -Y-Grip
    -Emag Valve
    -LVL10
    -ULT
    -NitroDuck 68/3000

AIM Name: SpdElemts
    My Feedback
    Pics.

I dont think an R/T on/off would fit in a classic valve. Maybe an RTP on/off would fit, but I think they are the same as stock on/offs.

Got more air(preset tank), put in 4 ULT shims and 3 LX shims. It worked great, a little bolt stick though? The bolt was not resetting and would leak a little until I manually pushed it in with my finger. Turned up the velocity and it worked. Tried 4 ULT and 4 LX shims and the trigger felt GOOD! However the bolt stick? problem is back, I guess I have to adjust my LX??

Tom Kaye is great for this upgrade I know AGD said it would not work in classic valves because their standards are higher than ours (Thank God)

I'm working on a Ult'd Classic as well, and have had some bolt stick issues. Initially, my Benchy 2x trigger was causing problems until I installed a make-shift trigger stop. Now, most issues with bolt stick happen when I'm running low on air...most, but not all.

I am running CO2, which is working fairly well, especially after installing the trigger stop (short-stroking was freezing the valve). I played when the temp was 50 deg. recently, and didn't freeze up once. A couple of times I emptied my hopper quickly (a lot faster than pre-Ult ) with no freeze-up or stick.

Anyway, for those that have this working, let us know what you did to stop bolt stick...I seem to remember one or two people having problems in previous posts.

My Ult setup is like Bad_Dogs: ~4 lvl 10 shims, 5 ULT shims. My lvl 10 has two shims in it with the middle spring.

could someone email me the ULT vid to Eelydrah@aol.com i cant use the link for some reason

Sure, I'll send it out right now.

REmember you'll have to download the vid to your machine from the link. I wasn't able to stream it. Sorry.

Wait, scratch that, I just tried it on my dad's machine and it streamed through just fine. So...I dunno.

Played this weekend and it worked great. Still a few problems with bolt stick, have three LX shims in. I am running 5 ULT shims and 3 LX shims. I NEED MORE SHIMS though. Will check the store. ULT and classic valve definitely works!! If it works on my valve which is 12 years old should work on anyone's.

https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...hreadid=124109

Mine works pretty well.

I am getting some drop off in long strings. I think I am running 4 lvlX and 2 ULT's. My on/off is getting pretty crowded. I ran right at 10bps on big red yesterday.

Btw: this is on a valve that came with the a spring pt spacer. I switched to a real spacer and droped the spring.

So can I get a definate word that this will work?
    click here for feedback
    Fear the Ninja

So if a classic valve with the ult has a pull of 4.7619849 ounces then what is the pull with a rt valve with the ult?

thanks

Originally posted by Bad_Dog
    just an update... Today I measured the weight of the pull on my classic w/ULT by means of a spring scale. From the bottom edge of my double trigger (intelliframe), the pull is 135 grams. With an online conversion from grams to ounces, the pull equals 4.7619849 ounces.

Now I didnt figure for the weight of the trigger, but I did factor out the weight of the scale. More updates when I get a more precise scale...

Originally posted by penguinpunk555
    So can I get a definate word that this will work?
    you might want to read this thread 'cause it sounds like it works to me....

holy crapola?

why did i get my emag again?

lol

i am rethinkin my priorites

dan

I know this is ancient but I beleive it deserves a sticky (I know, my opinions dont mean anything, but its useful to be damnit )

Silent death, if your still kicking around, mind telling me how? Im trying to make an '04 Classic'

Unicorns are people too ...
    Old Narhwals are people too ...
    Grizzly Bears are people too ...
    Caterpillars are people too ...
    Baby Peacocks are people too ...
    lew "My hand was a little shaky and I released too soon."

ask up!

lets keep this thread alive!, heck a $50 upgrade that takes a trigger from over 2lbs to under 5oz is worthy of a stickie...

Anyway, for those that have this working, let us know what you did to stop bolt stick...I seem to remember one or two people having problems in previous posts.
    I do have a trigger stop(s), and it takes about 1/3 of the travel out... maby this has some significance?... I never gave it any thought...

here are some pictures to give you an idea: