Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Tac_One, AGD isn't Fooling Around Any More>>

Tac_One, AGD isn't Foolling Around Any More>>

AO,

After several meetings and discussions, we have decided to take a whole new approach on the Tac-One scenario marker. Quite frankly we are tired of other manufacturers out pricing us and dealers debating about handling our products. We have decided to take a radical departure from tradition and sell the Tac-One factory direct at super wholesale pricing. We can sense the keen level of interest in this design and the one negative thing that comes up is the guestimated price. We have decided to make next to nothing on this marker in order to take the scenario world by storm.

Again I turn to my team on AO to help us set the "get excited" price for this marker. Obviously we cant sell it for 100 bucks so what we need from you is this. Please post below TWO prices. First price should be the highest price you would MAYBE consider paying for this marker. The second should be the highest price you would think is a darn good deal and you sure would want to put it in your gear bag for that.

This way we can set a price that will be killer for all involved. Of course you can expect backorders as we gear up production but we want to make some noise with this one.

Again thanks for the help!

AGD

Tac-One specs.
    X valve
    custom milled slug body vert. feed
    Intelliframe with rubber grips
    J&J cocker barrel
    ULT trigger
    LvL 10
    Flat black only

Last edited by AGD; 01-28-2004 at 03:02 PM.

lowest price-at least 350 and that would be amazingly low for what is coming with it.
    Highest price-around 700 becasue thats around what it would cost to buy most of that stuff seperately

this is going to take the market by storm. Its an amazing idea

Hrmm...I don't really see a market for this, thats just my opinion. It seems like a lot of people are just into speedball.

Maybe a low end price 450. Duno about a highend 700ish?
    -Doron
    ---X-Mag'n spending the G's.---

My feedback

$500 is the highest i would go
    $250 would be a pretty kick@#& price

now im not a very educated man when it comes to prices since im pretty much done buying any gun parts (atleast for my emag) but ill make an guess of about

400-600ish?

High - $500
    Low- $350 would be a great deal and put it against the A5 and Mod 98.

Also
    Hrmm...I don't really see a market for this, thats just my opinion. It seems like a lot of people are just into speedball.
    What about the 3,000 + that played D-day this year? And those are just the scenario players who could make it. I think there will be a big market for this.

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood

heh, though how many of them play mostly speedball? I am interested in playing some senerios, though i wouldn't want to purchase a new marker to do it.
    -Doron

I think some of the prices above are a little high. If it's going to "take the scenario world by storm," I'd try and price it not much higher than the A-5. The A-5 is probably the best/most popular scenario marker out there right now (from what I saw at SPLATT 2).

I think around $250 would be price that would jump-start the marker(IMHO) but an absolute ceiling would be $400. Once you start paying $400+ you'll have people saying "forget the scenario thing! For this price I'm getting an nice into electro.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

Dang, some of you guys are CHEAP.. I'd say if the price is comparable with what stores (in particular, online stores, since that's what yours is) sell RT Pros for, that would be awesome. Acceptable would be somewhere in the range of RT Pro + $50-100.

LOL I read Tom's post and went, "Hell YEAH!".
    Your head asplode!

Originally posted by Doobie
    High - $500

Also

What about the 3,000 + that played D-day this year? And those are just the scenario players who could make it. I think there will be a big market for this.
    I agree with this post... prices and all.
    Originally posted by hostage
    heh, though how many of them play mostly speedball? I am interested in playing some senerios, though i wouldn't want to purchase a new marker to do it.
    -Doron
    Most of the people I know don’t play “speedball” at all, or rairly. They play Rec Ball, and Scenarios. Speedball is important, and a fun game, but the market for standard Rec/Woods Ball and Scenarios is HUGE.

Tom... this is a very smart move.......

www.ShartleyCustoms.com
    Custom Paintball Products and Accessories
    CLICK HERE to Check out our PDU SERIES GEAR!

its more like a paper cut that has primadonna's yelling murder... - Glickman

i could see the cost anywhere from 550 to somewhere just below 700.
    [*img]http://userpic.livejournal.com/11885469/469200[/img]
    Filesize too large- Tato
    Greatest "Sponsor" Ever.

Shartley likes it!! He really likes it!!!

AGD

I agree with this post... prices and all.
    I think I'm gonna faint!

Most recballing i see happens on a speedball field.

In addition, I don't think it could sell for as little as we posted.

These are some of the specs and I am guestimating what dealers would get them for. If it goes this cheap, then I could use it for parts. Though it seems a little over 400 for all the parts.

X-valve w/ Level 10 (240ish)
    I-frame (90ish)
    Body (100ish)
    rail sear barrel etc....??

-Doron

Chicago, Illinois (Chicago Fire Dept. Engine 78 - Wrigley Field)
    highest $525.02 oh yeah i know what i want ...

lowest is about $400...COME ON AN x-valve....and a milled body u got that right there!!!...

but then again $400 would be great to get an awsome gun that kicks majoR ArsE!!!!...i laugh at tippmans
    Alias Intimidator (Black)
    DiRtY PiCs...

I throw bombs...well not really...

My Feedback
    Click Here, or here, or here, or here, or here, or if you feel a little Naughty...right here

Took the words out of my mouth.

The 98 and A5 conversion kits that make them look like an M16 or MP5 put those guns near $500 anyway. But their perfomance is still lacking. I think AGD could definitely work their way into this market.

Originally posted by Doobie
    High - $500

Best deal: $350, that would let it compete with the A5 and other popular scenario markers.
    Most I would pay: $550.
    What I think it should be: $400.

VERY smart move Tom, I went to 9 scenario games this summer, after the 3rd and 4th scenario I started to see a trend. A lot of them had model 98's and a5's. Right now Tippmann owns the scenario aspect of this game. I think if this marker is properly priced it will hit them right where it hurts.

Chuff Chuff!

400-750
    2003 SuperBowl Champions!, THE New England Patriots!

He was constantly reminded of how startlingly different a place the world was when viewed from a point only three feet to the left.
    My Feedback

mh53eplt Guest
    hostage I disagree, scenario playing is one of the fastest growing categories in paintball. Its about time AGD is entering the scenario market. Tippmann, PTP, Armotech have been selling markers to scenario players, military and police departments. The majors are now weighing in with more and more products for the scenario player. The
    WGP VF-Tactical Autococker even comes in three versions.

The TAC-ONE has some great specs. I'd personally not put a ULT on it, as the X-valve takes a pretty big hit in reactivity. The TAC-ONE is a RTPRO VF for scenario players.

Highest Price: $700 Darn Good Deal Price: $450

I guess now I'll have to sell my PTP Microemag 2000, since I want a TAC-ONE.
    Last edited by mh53eplt; 11-14-2003 at 07:03 PM.

price..

Well I'm looking to get a mag in the very near future. I've actually been looking at the used one's on the forum here. I've also asked other dealers and looked around. The RT pro just isn't what I'm looking for, right valve, right trigger, wrong look. Me I like a nice skinny no frills rail, straight black. The only thing that I don't like about the Tac-one is the large amount of weaver mounts haging on it. A couple wouldn't be bad. I'm look'n to spend at least $350-400 on the high side for a good looking well equip mag I'd go $700.

Zero

Originally posted by AGD

AGD
    I'm scared.....

Highest: 550 (have you seen the scenerio gun prices? go look at http://www.tacticalmarkers.com )

Lowest: $300 (It'd be a must have. Especially considering the standard resale on an RT is in that range. People would be buying NEW instead of used)

high - 550
    low - 350

I plan on getting one however
    Taking a long needed leave of the sport to finish school and tour the country

b2k3w/pds, vaporized, vapor valve, aka sidewinder, chaos chip, palmer rock lpr, CP barrels, 68/45 hyperflow

B2k3 w/pds and bunch of upgrades for sale

speedball, woodsball, scenario, it don't make no nevermind. I've got the same components in my marker (minus the j & j barrel) and it rips in speedball. I would buy the tac-one.

Originally posted by Dayspring
    Took the words out of my mouth.

The 98 and A5 conversion kits that make them look like an M16 or MP5 put those guns near $500 anyway. But their perfomance is still lacking. I think AGD could definitely work their way into this market.

Now that I think about it, this is a very good point. All those A-5's I saw probably had at least $100-$300 worth of upgrades.

I think I'll change my price to the $350-$450 range.

Talking

good price 395.68

high price 554.89

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122905 <= feedback is on this link
    AIM - bigchops87
    e-mail - big_chops63@hotmail.com
    what did the paintball say to chops' goggles....SPLAT-timmy laatch-agd pride

Shartley... WHOA!!!

I agree on the pricing... but what i want tot know is.... how about the bodies themselves? Some peeps would jst like to upgrade the mags they already have.

the only thing on this marker that sounds anything like "scenerio" is the name. i'de love to have this gun just to play speedball with..shiiiizit.

Originally posted by AGD

AGD
    well its serioulsy about time a company did something like this. two thumbs up.

Shhh...I have a....cocker...

Gah...

I had posted the Tac-one at my local paintball website but now... damn I gotta make a news item again

*edit: When do I send the money? lol
    Last edited by Matt_mg; 11-14-2003 at 07:14 PM.
    bla bla bla, does anyone read this anyway ?