Thread: High velocity

High velocity

Hey does anyone know why on my 68 classic, 0 carrier 2 shims, med spring, i cant get the velocity down low enough to chrono in, lowest i got it was 320. if i turn it down too low, it's like the sear doesnt activate to shoot.

Have you tried the shortest spring?

yeah, just put it in recently, but when i turned down velocity, i heard a chuff,and the balls just plopped out of the barrel. it sure would help if i had a chrono

Why are you using such a small carrier? You want to use the BIGGEST carrier that doesn't leak. More often than not, that's around the 1 and 1.5 carriers.

A 0 carrier is WAY tight on the bolt stem and you have to crank the velocity to get the thing to move.

Move up to a bigger carrier.

(the other reason is as follows. The oring is a wear item. Sometimes it begins to leak with age. The way to solve that is to go to a smaller carrier. Without a smaller carrier to go to--your 0 carrier setup-- you'll leak. Go bigger.)

I had the 2 in, leaked out of barrel. so go to 1.5 or 1?

Use the 1.5. If it still leaks, then go to the 1.

You changed to the shorter spring and decreased the velocity. Now, just keep turning the velocity up until the gun fires properly. Next time you get to a chrono check the velocity.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.