102 34.23%
  • Thinking about it

41 13.76%
  • Depends on the $$$ amount

122 40.94%
  • No way in hell

33 11.07%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Electro Logic Vert Automag Frame????????

Now Now

Its not nice to pick on people with the plague.

They might just give you a hug.

The first batch of frames will go out tomorrow.

If there is enough interest to warrant the investment of time to redesign the current frame to accept the CF internals, I will do it.

Click Here to get on the pre-order list.

The deposit will be the same as the others ($25), but won't be collected until the list has at least 25 names on it.

If I could get 25 people to commit, then it would be worth my while.

Hope to work on this project for you guys.

Could that gr[p go on an RTP w/ ULT?

I might just have to put that down payment.. How much do you think the frame will cost in the end?

I've got a Spyder Hyper-Frame. Would I be able to use the internals from it (or at least most of them)?

If so, I'd be very interested in this idea.
    "Relax. Don't worry. Have a Home Brew."
    -Charlie Papazian

Feedback: https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=40134

i dont want to commit until i know how much it cost and does the cost include the hyperframe intenals or is it just the frame milled out to accept them.
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by frost
    sorry then ur friend is an idoit mags
    dont break stupid people break them
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woul definately buy it if i had the money
    Alternate for the Crimson Men
    ph34r th3 [\]1[\]j4

ims till waitin on a price

Originally posted by greg
    ims till waitin on a price
    Its been posted before.

Centerflag parts - $154.33

For my part, I will put the top end of the price scale at $130. I will make them cheaper if I can.

But you've got to remember, we can't just grab a number out of the air and make it the gospel. Well, actually we can, but it would end up being a larger number than is absolutely must be, in order for us to be sure that we won't loose our butts in the deal.

Above is the estimate, take it for what it is. It will get you to the ball park, but you need to wait for the final design and price before pronouncing it too expensive. That number ($284.33) is the highest that it can go, using a high estimate for the frame, and retail prices for the electronics. If these become a reality I will become a Centerflag dealer and sell everything as one kit, or just the frame for the current Hyperframe owners.

The biggest obstacle right now is the fact that I am swamped.

I've got work comming out my ears, which is a good thing, don't get me wrong, just don't expect a lightening quick redesign. There just isn't enough time for the zero degrees of seperation kind of engineering you all are used to seeing from me.

When I get some parts, I will do my best to cram them into the frame in a timely manner.

My go/no-go decision will be based on how many people will put up and actually get on the list. So far, I've got one email - just one. 24 more to go, quite literally.

Thank you for your interest.

What about warrantty? Will this void any agd warrenty? If we have problem would we send or ask centerflag or you? So basically this will be a centerflag feel trigger frame, but with your dope design. I just might have to keep my mag now and be put on the list, just need more info. thanks

I'll pretty much guarantee that they will void your warranty.

As for service, if the frame breaks in half - talk to me. Otherwise, Centerflag or somebody around AO would be your best bet, as I have never even seen one of these things before.

But you gotta look at it from our points of view.

AGD - You are using a product that we didn't design to make our product do things it was not designed to do. No warranty for you.

Me - I am designing a product, to use the guts of a product that I didn't design, to make another product that I didn't design, function in a manner other than which it was designed to. All I can say for sure is that my alum won't foul up the works. Beyond that you are on your own.

Center Flag - You guys took the guts out of our frame, and had another made to hold them which we didn't design, and that does not mount them in the way that we designed them to be mounted. No warranty for you.

(Please Note: Those are not direct quotes from either AGD or CF, just educated guesses about their responses.)

I'm not gonna assemble them either, unless specifically asked to. I'll supply all the parts, but I am a little hesitant to sell them fully assembled for some reason.

When I come up with a Logical (Ah Ah Pun ) explaination on not selling them fully assembled, I will let you all in on it.

Originally posted by TheTramp
    I've got a Spyder Hyper-Frame. Would I be able to use the internals from it (or at least most of them)?

anyone?

Might it be better to use a morlock board , noid , and microswitch and desine a sear to work for a vert frame then try to use one for a 45 frame ?
    1st custom LogicMag, MiniMag , PGP2K , SplatMaster
    Good traders: Strider | JEDI | QUINCYMASSGUY | CoolHand | SLICEnDICE
    Feadback |Jaz Barrels|Logic Paintball

Originally posted by TheTramp

anyone?

TheTramp,

From This thread

Originally posted by Hostage

hyperframe booyaahs and all spyderframes have the same internals, other than different boards and software
    -Doron
    Also, Coolhand I email'd ya.

Rats, that'd mean I'd have to get a new board as well as the frame. The price just jumped $100 for me. That lowers the chances I'd get the frame. Well, perhaps I CoolHand will be able to get us a deal on the Hyperframe parts.

When are we going to hear a yea or nay? I'm holding off buying the logic vert frame cuz I'm waiting to heare about this.

If there's a trade in program for logic vert owners, I'd buy the logic vert first, then upgrade to the electo later.

Btw, feel free to use my name for it: "ElectroLogic(tm)"

Originally posted by wobbles82
    If it were like under 250 (hint hint around 200) I think it would sell like hotcakes. Crap, why doesn't AGD propose an idea such as this? I know they are somewhat considering smaller e-frames (or at least hints "of something in the future") but this would be a great idea in my opinion. You have a quality frame, that is electronic, and no battery pack or anything, leaving you with a nice and tight marker. And if its electro, you could cap it at like 18 and use a Classic Valve, heck, they could even make Aluminum Classic Valves, sell em cheap with E-Frames, no need for fastest recharge rate, just a nice and light e-marker! BRING ON THE REVOLUTION!
    I think AGD was gonna make a electronic grip frame for mech automags users that cannot buy a e-mag. But they dropp the idea because of the Smart Parts patent crap and made the ULT. I think that this what it happened cuz Tom in one thread about the SP patent crap he said "That's why we made the ULT"

Originally posted by melster
    When are we going to hear a yea or nay? I'm holding off buying the logic vert frame cuz I'm waiting to heare about this.

If there's a trade in program for logic vert owners, I'd buy the logic vert first, then upgrade to the electo later.

Btw, feel free to use my name for it: "ElectroLogic(tm)"

I'll use that name.

There are 6 guys on the preorder list now. 19 more before we are a GO.

Another word on timing here as well. The longer I look at the huge pile of work I have here, the more it looks like this project will have to wait until after Christmas. I've been workin the crap out of it, and my machine needs maintainance, so the week of Dec 16th it is coming apart for some much needed TLC. This means that week is a bust, no machining for me. Then Christmas, New Years, blah - all of a sudden its the third week of January.

Later all.

Originally posted by CoolHand

Dec 16th it is coming apart for some much needed TLC. This means that week is a bust, no machining for me.
    Wow. Good thing I broke down and placed an order for a black frame just now then.

Do you throw in the screws for the grips? I found some grips somewhere else in the color I wanted.

there are 7 on the list now ryan.

yes im stupid but.... just wondering... so it will be 130 not including the frame??? or including the frame??? if its includin the frame that is a damng ood deal and i would jump all over that

The $130 was a possible price for the frame alone. You would have to get the internals either from a Hyperframe you aready have or from Center Flag.

CoolHand said he might become a Center Flag dealer and thus be able to get us the internals at the same time as the frame.

If he does he might be able to give us a little better price than we could get from Center Flag directly I would think.

... that would be shweet ill ahv eto keep informed

before i put my name on the list. this is for classics and RTs right? What boards will be in them? and if the price is around the estimate it sounds pretty good.

www.Intimidatorowners.com
    Black and Red Alias

Yes I would.
    Live in Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, South Dekota, or the surronding area?
    Check out
    AO Midwest Day

money

Hey if i buy the grips and all on the frame does it come with a trigger i really am not convinced to buy one of these frames for 110 its overpriced and then i have to buy the grips for 30 bucks are they made of gold or something. Then the itelliframe cost the same price with nickel frames and everything for 110. Man someone was needs to include the grips with it or lower the price to at least 90.

am i the only one that thinks clemens should shut up???

as i have read this thread people are asking the same questions over and over. i am not coolhand, and i am not centerflag, but here is more or less what it is.

coolhand-he will sell the frame (just the frame, no interenals)
    around $130

centerflag-they will sell you the board-which is 20bps, the microswitch, battery pack, and solenoid
    around $160-$180

agd-has nothing to do with either and will not help you out in any way if somthing messes up
    free of charge

total price of a working logic hyper frame-around $310

I have to say one thing about centerflag though, they have given about 5 people on this forum different price quotes for the same 20bps board. someone told me they were $75 so I called centerflag to order one. they told me the price is $120 now. then someone on here said they are now $100, and I have also read that they were told $90. I do not know why centerflag is giving different prices out for the same board, but someone really needs to clear that issue up. I mean if this happens to all of the parts needed it could jack up the price of the complete frame a lot. If you expect to pay $75 and end having to pay $120 that could not only piss you off, but could also make you wait a while longer to save up the extra money.
    I am definatly in on this, I hope it happens.
    my feedback
    countdown on devilmag day........ill let you now

Ok, I this might be kind of dumb, but this does void the warranty on the valve or not? Also, installing the centerflag parts is just plug and play no sodering, or could we just order them with the parts installed? Thanks

Another question does the reactiviness of the rt valve help or does it perform the same as AIR valve?
    Last edited by Barfly; 12-13-2003 at 09:17 PM.
    xXhAppyAznXx "If I whiped and shot full auto, I wouldn't feel very skilled. Hell in the back of my mind, I'd be crying over my lack of skill, and that I should quit and kill myself."

installing

the hyper frame will not void your warranty, intalling the hyper frame is very simple,
    1) remove your on/off assembly
    2) remove the old on/off pin and replace with the new one from centerflag.
    3) replace the on assembly
    4) remove the trigger rod from the sear assembly.
    5) replace sear
    6) reassemble automag and play.
    The hyper frame is very easy to install and uninstall.

So CoolHand will these have the new 20bps and semi-auto only boards that are currently being put in new Hyper-Frames correct?

And may I suggest you use the trigger-switch from www.paintballtrader.com

http://www.paintballtrader.com/xcart...4f5b0b5c81b5e9