Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Wicked Air Sports thinks of LVL 10!

Originally posted by FactsOfLife

If that's the worst thing I've done on here,(comma) then I'll have no trouble sleeping tonight.

I am suprised at your ability to use the internet from your perch on the high horse. Very impressive.
    Ah, another personal attack. How nice. You Don't even care what the topic is? As long as you try to make look bad ofcourse.

And you take offense to the term "goon"? (Which I didn't call you )

Have a good night sleep
    Last edited by irbodden; 08-01-2002 at 06:04 PM.

yeah..doesn't Irbodden remind you of that guy Simon on that Fox show American Idol(s)...hehehehhehehe..

Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
    yeah..doesn't Irbodden remind you of that guy Simon on that Fox show American Idol(s)...hehehehhehehe..
    Hahah, I got a kick out of that.

I started by telling everyone to lay off the guy and act decently over there, but now I am defending myself from personal flames. LOL

Its hard to go against the grain on AO.

i was only kidding and anyone who has heard about the show knows the guy i'm talking about...and in no way was that a "real" personal flame against you..just trying to lighten up the tension a little...

Washington... AKA 'Cocker Country... Come get Some!
    Originally posted by MikeCouves
    Anyways, changing the subject.

I just read Miscue's post, that was too good. It was like advanced SHUT THE HELL UP! Lol very good Miscue, very good!
    Lol, Really. Miscue, did you give him a can of vasoline with that?

My Trading Feedback

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -Edmond Burke

Liberalism is a persistent vegatative state.
    Originally posted by irbodden

Ah, another personal attack. How nice. You Don't even care what the topic is? As long as you try to make look bad ofcourse.

And you take offense to the term "goon"? (Which I didn't call you )

Have a good night sleep
    Get down off the cross son, somebody needs the wood.

No one started flaming YOU until you decided that a number of AO users were, in your own words, "being goons".

Since you didn't specify who was and who was not a "goon" over there, why shouldn't I and anyone else who responded to the thread be offended?

And like you said before, anyone who somehow attempts to now defend themselves is only saying "well HE started it". What a fine piece of reasoning. Spock would be proud.

Thank you, I sleep very well indeed. Small children notwithstanding.

Originally posted by DiRTyBuNNy
    i was only kidding and anyone who has heard about the show knows the guy i'm talking about...and in no way was that a "real" personal flame against you..just trying to lighten up the tension a little...
    No, I enjoyed that. LOL

The personal flames were coming from OTHER people, not you.

No worries,

-RS

Originally posted by FactsOfLife

Get down off the cross son, somebody needs the wood.

No one started flaming YOU until you decided that a number of AO users were, in your own words, "being goons".

Since you didn't specify who was and who was not a "goon" over there, why shouldn't I and anyone else who responded to the thread be offended?

And like you said before, anyone who somehow attempts to now defend themselves is only saying "well HE started it". What a fine piece of reasoning. Spock would be proud.

Thank you, I sleep very well indeed. Small children notwithstanding.
    Starting out with yet ANOTHER personal attack.

I didn't say how many people acted like goons, nor did I give names. It isn't my job to say who went out of line, hoepfully AOers are mature enough to tell whats right and wrong.

I don't get where your going with the "well he started it" line. Mind filling me in?

-RS

Liberalism is a persistent vegatative state.

Starting out with yet ANOTHER personal attack.

I didn't say how many people acted like goons, nor did I give names. It isn't my job to say who went out of line, hoepfully AOers are mature enough to tell whats right and wrong.

I don't get where your going with the "well he started it" line. Mind filling me in?

-RS
    aren't you cute. everyone else is the bad guy. I'm bored by this thread and more immediately bored by you.

I am not interested in chasing down every quote needed to show you how wrong YOU are. You made a statement calling "some" AO members goons. It's in the thread. YOU go find it. You also made a comment stating anyone who disagreed, and I'll paraphrase here, was simply saying "well HE started it". Again, YOU go look it up, I'm not interested in arguing on an internet forum with a 15 year old.

respond if you like, I no longer care.

Ir, perhaps you should actualy read the guys first posts. He did get outa line, exagerate and speak without any knowledge. And he got smacked for it all with facts. And now he is completely flip flopping on the whole thing. It seems he underestimated the "facts" that would be thrown at him because he is used to selling his "snake oil" on PBC. Anyway go read the whole thing without a chip on your shoulder and with an open mind. I think our reps did a good job of discrediting him and putting him on the right road. I don't expect it to last but up until this afternoon it was a real clean but whoopin.

Facts of Life- You didn't do anything out of line on the that thread, and you knew it. Yet you jumped on me looking for a "fight". I am sorry if you don't see what I am saying, but I don't like your repeated personal attacks.

Phil- He was wrong, and Miscue and handful of others corrected him perfectly. Than some guys from AO ran over there with their flames. Acting like "goons."

Everyone on AO says how much greater we are than on the other forums, when we are on other forums shouldn't we act as we do here? Heck, even better, we can bring some more 'mature' goes from other forums over here. Some guys got VERY out of hand and his thread and besides correcting his mistakes also flamed him for his personal beliefs. (Besides his misconceptions)

I personally don't feel its right. And once again, there were some VERY strong intelligent posts made by guys from the forum. However there were also guys going over there for a flame war.

-RS

Well, if you didn't mean it, I am sorry for bringing YOUR name into it.

I honestly like the second paragraph of your post. You didn't resort to a personal flame like the other guys. Bravo.

Not sure what the third paragraph means?

Catch me on Aim and I'll take you out of it, while still trying to defend myself.

You really shouldnt be sorry about bringing me into it, you had every right to, my post was very sloppy and didnt represent what I was saying at all.

Thanks, I thought since we were arguing on two different levels then I wouldnt combat you anymore

in the third paragraph, You quoted me wrong (I found that entertaining)

alright, Ill catch you on aim.

I am taking myself out of the arguement with irbodden.
    baaaaamm, yo i can hang!!!
    2K3 TADAO *ACED* MATRIX FOR SALE $900! W/ PLENTY OF UPS!

Darn, that will teach me to go out for the evening and miss all the fun.

It looks like the thread got removed

Guys when disproving hype we need to be careful that we do it with fact and don't let the hype mongers use our bad behaviour or flaming as tools against us. It's much more valid to prove issues with maturity and fact. It puts your arguement across better and helps bring more converts. If you come across as knowledgeable and respectful it always makes their 'squirming' look less valid.

If you become abusive it just makes you look bad. I always feel you can tell when someone is losing a debate because they start clutching at straws or being offensive.

Anyone got a copy of Miscue's post? I'm intrigued to know what he wrote

manike

An hour's drive SW of Ft. Worth, Texas in the middle of nowhere
    Yeah, I think it was deleted right as I was reading it. It pulled up the first page, and then said invalid thread when I clicked page 2 to find what Miscue had posted. I think it was shortly after midnight CST.
    Own: stock '94 original Spyder, Used Nelspot 007, Phantom stock class

"Some of us thought you had gone insane. Verdict still pending on that one."
    -Vegeta, aimed at Tom Kaye

Mercury Musings to meself:
    If someone takes a paint-gun apart and modifies every scrap of it, does it matter what gun they had in the first place?
    No, it does not matter.
    Simplicity is proven over technological breakthrough.
    Too bad we can't smack sense into everyone. Why, think of how easy learning would be.
    Aiming is a good thing.

In my opinion the thread should not have been deleted. I was going to make a quite lengthy post about why I thought it was deleted, but I think we all know the reason….. one of their “Heros” got crushed. And I am disappointed that the Staff of that forum removed the thread, it would have NEVER been deleted here… because we are interested in FACTS.

Someone in his position (WAS) should be careful what he says online (actually anywhere), and if he gets in trouble because he can not make a logical, rational, or factual argument… he should learn from it and keep his mouth shut.

I am sincerely not trying to be rude. But not everyone gets blinded by “who” someone is, and just take what they say as gospel truth… we address actual issues, statements, etc. The HYPE mill can be a dangerous thing if you don’t understand one simple principle… there is a big difference between using hype to “promote” facts, and using it to “create” facts. One will hold up to scrutiny and the other blows away like smoke in a magic act….

Sometimes a company’s (or a person’s) worse enemy can be themselves…. It seems that this was the case this time. But I have a feeling he will not learn (judging from the other comments about his previous posts on other matters). Oh well.

Again, I am disappointed that they deleted the thread… they did not MAKE him post what he did, and they should not have “protected” him by deleting the thread either… poor form in my opinion…..
    Last edited by shartley; 08-02-2002 at 07:26 AM.

Agreed.

The thing about deleting threads is it makes it look like there is something to hide.

If some people get out of hand in a thread then delete their posts and ban them, but don't delete the whole thread

This is another reason why we need to be careful about the nature of our posts. We don't want to provide excuses to get them deleted.

Come to think of it, I remember another discussion thread way back with WAS on his loader board getting deleted when he ran out of comebacks

manike

Anyone kindly direct me to Miscue's Post of Ownage?

I'm at work at the moment, and as such, don't have time to dig around looking.

thanks!

-mike

Originally posted by Tyril
    Anyone kindly direct me to Miscue's Post of Ownage?

I'm at work at the moment, and as such, don't have time to dig around looking.

thanks!

-mike
    Did you read this thread?

It is clearly stated by several people that the other forum DELETED it. Hopefully Miscue still has a copy on his system… but there is no place to direct you to since it has been taken offline.

Originally posted by EnderWigginPballin
    what non-Mag people don't realize is that all the Cockers and other guns that can pinch, use LPRs and Pneus to make their guns pinch... Level 10 doesn't use an LPR, so it retains the simplicity that Mags are famous for.....
    I don't know about this last statement. I think that the Level 10 is a Godsend for Automags, and I think that it should be something to get AGD to be a major player with the recballers and TWiBs again, but just as simple? Nah. It's more complex. Look at all the work it took to get it working...

Anyway. I'd consider an emag again with level 10 if they made one without the magnets. Oh yeah, it'd have to have the cocker barrel threading too.

DR
    Oderint dum metuant

Yeah, Shartley, I did read the thread =)

I was wondering if anyone made a copy and posted it in such a place that I could be directed to... just wondering what all the buzz is about

-mike

Originally posted by DarkRipper
    Anyway. I'd consider an emag again with level 10 if they made one without the magnets. Oh yeah, it'd have to have the cocker barrel threading too.

DR
    C&C Extreme

but what don't you like about the magnets? With one magnet my trigger feels very similar to a friends Dark Angel, except mine doesn't go click the weight and feel is so similar though.

manike

Originally posted by manike

C&C Extreme

but what don't you like about the magnets? With one magnet my trigger feels very similar to a friends Dark Angel, except mine doesn't go click the weight and feel is so similar though.

manike
    I had an emag, and the trigger felt very mushy. I prefer a tactile click to let me know when I've pulled once. It's really a matter of preference for me.

Anyway... I'd buy one with a dome or leaf.

DR

Originally posted by DarkRipper
    Anyway... I'd buy one with a dome or leaf.

DR
    It would be possible to retro fit such a switch.

WDP are actually trying to get away from mechanical switches due to problems with reliability. That's why they came out with the new optotrigger. In effect it is just moving a bit of spring metal back and forth to block/open a light beam. I wonder how they will get on with it. It didn't feel mushy when I tried it, but it did feel similar to my C&C.

As you say it all comes down to preference

manike

DELETION?!?!

What a bunch of crap! It must be the mod over at the loader forum as the thread about the new Timmy board is still up on that forum. Jim mus be bud's with one of the mods if this is the second time it's happened - we should go back over and start up a new one that sticks to the facts (no flames) and does not deviate from addressing his bogus claims regarding the loader board - not level 10.

-Calvin
    From a poster at PB Nation:

""Jim, back to your cave. Bob Long is on the batphone..."

MY FEEDBACK

Re: DELETION?!?!

Originally posted by cledford
    What a bunch of crap! It must be the mod over at the loader forum as the thread about the new Timmy board is still up on that forum. Jim mus be bud's with one of the mods if this is the second time it's happened - we should go back over and start up a new one that sticks to the facts (no flames) and does not deviate from addressing his bogus claims regarding the loader board - not level 10.

-Calvin
    I would suggest not starting another one, that would look like you are sporting for a fight, no matter how “factual” you keep it.

What I would suggest is to sit back and weight until he opens his mouth again and THEN address the issue. And from past history, we know it will not be long before you get your chance.

(Or if the same topic is in another thread, you may want to address it THERE.. just not start a new one.)

The post should not have been deleted. They are pretty much hiding the evidence the WAS, their almighty hero, was acting out of line, and from readin the early posts, actually initiated the Timmy Mag war. Then later on accused AO-ers of turning it into a Timmy Mag war. His first glorious post was something along the lines of, "The Intimidator can shoot 35bps, is the fastest gun on the planet, and will never ever chop a ball ever." Had nothing whatsoever to do with the thread as I recall...

Well WAS just lost my business, I was about to buy two TurboRev boards for my Warped Mags, and going to pick up a Timmy soon. Odessy will be getting my business now. Thanks for showing off your rampant ingnorance Jim Drew.

Don't try and sell me hype. Show me proof.

Don't buy the hype!
    O FLAGPULL O

Cincinnati All-Stars

Originally posted by manike

It would be possible to retro fit such a switch.

WDP are actually trying to get away from mechanical switches due to problems with reliability. That's why they came out with the new optotrigger. In effect it is just moving a bit of spring metal back and forth to block/open a light beam. I wonder how they will get on with it. It didn't feel mushy when I tried it, but it did feel similar to my C&C.

As you say it all comes down to preference

manike
    Interesting! I wonder where I could get that done...

Ouch, what a series of posts. I came home from work at 1am and missed the action. All I can do is hope Miscue has a copy of the thread and post it up for those who missed it to read, and learn what this was all about.
    Flying the unfriendly skies.

I must make an open apology to the Mods at the other forum. It seems they were not the ones to delete the thread. All other statements I made however are still in effect…. LOL

The facts...

The guy who started the thread deleted it.

He was asked to in PM's but won't openly say who asked him to do it...

He is currently waiting to get a WAS board. His sig says "was equalizer board(soon)"

We can draw our own conclusions from the evidence before us. If there is nothing to hide why not say who asked him to delete the thread?

manike (finding conspiracies everywhere)

(Am still very interested to get a copy of Miscue's post.)