Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate my xvalve

I hate my xvalve

lol, im starting to feel like dirty bunny Can someone help me out here?

got an xvalve for xmas. I hooked it up at first, without oiling anything or doing anything. I gassed it up, and i didnt get any pressure from the on/off and hence the trigger didnt get any pressure. I unscrewed the tank and posted to see waht to do. Some one said put the velocity up. I gassed it up, put up the velocity, and nothing happened. I took the gun apart, and the body was stuck to the valve because the valve had retained the pressure somehow. I pushed the on/off pin a bit and the gun valve cycled, which caused me to drop it, and the on/off assy came out, and i lost the small oring that belongs on top of the on/off assy, and grease was everywhere. I gassed the gun up without the small oring and oiled the on/off assy. The trigger got some pressure, but it wouldnt shoot. I took out the valve and left it alone until today. I planned on buying an oring kit to replace that oring, but instead, today i bought a ult kit. I took out the one oring that was in the on/off assy hole, and put in the ult. Same thing happened, the trigger didnt get any pressure. I don't wanna mess anything up now, so what should i do to make it work?

I pm'ed cphil asking for help. He told me to oil the ult and add 2 spacers. I did, when i screwed it back in it didnt tighten up too much, is it supposed to spin freely? I put it back in and the same thing happened, no pressure going to the trigger. This sucks
    Feedback

Upgraded Minimag F/S F/T

My Mags:

-Blue ULE, Xvalve, intelli, blue cp gasthru and flame drop, black and blue cp 2 piece

-Minimag, gas thru and taso drop with on/off, stock barrel

Good Traders: Serialthriller, Heftylefty, Doctorstox, -=[ DevNull ]=-, d40winker(from PBN), bensongg, pbcustom98, nouseforname

look in my sig... I made that procedure for new X valve owners. BTW you really really need to turn the velocity up, like a couple of turns. Dont be scared you shouldnt hurt the valve.

jb

Did you put in the sear that came with the x valve?
    -AKA Viking
    -WASED Out
    -Halo B,rip drive,z code
    -14 in. Ultralite

I just dont think your setting it up right is all. On the other hand if you really hate it Ill buy it off ya

yea i used the sear that came with the x. gtrsi, how does that clip help me? lol, i'll try turning up the velocity more, but i dont think that will do anything if the trigger doesnt get any pressure to begin with

okay, i gassed it up, turned the velocity up a crapload, and after a while it suddenly started leaking down the barrel, a lot of gas came through

Hey, I got my x a few days ago, had same problem w/ no trig pressure. I attribiuted it to the lack of pressure in my tank (about 600 psi) but my rt had pressure on the trigger at that much psi. I'll go try boosting the velocity up a ton, see if that does anything for me.
    "People that quote themselves in their sigs are stupid." -me

Great traders: mh53eplt, MagOwnerzRule, Fritz1970, joeyt11
    Bad traders: None yet, let's keep it that way!

My Feedback
    Play Paintball Colorado!

Does the leaking stop when you pull the trigger and hold it on?

If so then the problem is the powertube oring (NOTE- this is assuming the same problems with the X valve have the same solution as for the Classic valve). I would send it in to AGD, they should fix it up for free if it wasn't working when you bought it new.
    My feedback

Made in USA - it matters.

Nope, turning velocity up to full doesn't even cause a leak. Curious.

let me see hold on a sec..no it doesnt, the trigger still doesnt get any pressure, so pulling it doesnt do much of anything

TheDeacon - sorry, I probably should have specified, but I was asking PBCapo

Its a problem with the sear and trigger pin assembly, something about how you need to set it up. This happened in my X-valve'd mag after taking out and putting in the valve several times. Both times messing with the pin placing (I guess) fixed the problem.
    It's Bold As Love

grr, get this: the regulator won't unscrew from the valve. Period. What the heck is going on?

the lines don't match up on the reg and valve. It WILL NOT budge. The on/off assembly (ULT) was hard to get out too. What is going on here?

check your lvl10

if the spring is too stiff... you should tune it up.
    Aced/predator Adrenalin LCD
    2k Dark Angel [
    98 LED Angel ( kinda )
    shark attack X-MAG
    Eclipse Factory Eblade
    "We Want More Squeege!! (rawwk)" - AGD
    "I'm looking for an xmag in excellent or perfect condition. I have a black 2k3 mech cocker with Palmer everything (worth about US $800) I can trade, which is in excellent condition, well timed, reliable, and pinches all but the oldest super brittle paint." Flyboy771

my theory that no gas was getting to the valve just got shot in the butt.

I gassed it up w/ the valve out of the gun, it leaked "down the barrel" so that was good, and I let off of the on/off and it shot out, so that's good. The pin is not popping out like it should however.

I'm going to stick the stock on/off back in and see what happens.

holy crap deacon ur scaring me, same exact. I cant unscrew the reg from the valve, and the ult was hard to get out after i put it in, it took me like 10 minutes with a little nail file thing. however, the lines on the bottom do line up for me. Did your valve work before you bought the ult? what is the serial number on your valve?

ithaca, NY I go to Ithaca paintball, come play with me.
    Turn the velocity up until it leeks out of the back of the x-valve, then turn it back down until it stops. This worked for me when I got mine. I had all the same problem except for the dropping. If this doesnt work PM me I will think of something.
    Pete

FOR SALE
    Evil 3+2 pack
    FeedbackAO feedback PBN feedback Matrix serial #-lost

i cant put the stock on/off back in because i lost that damn oring

never worked, not even w/ the stock on/off. serial is: vv03684. WHY WON'T IT WORK?!?!??!?

veloc up and down doesn't do anything. can you unscrew your reg from the valve, pbcapo?

someone help me and deacon, this sucks

Thats not in the least all I told you to do. And you seem to have failed to mention some stuff here that you did before you contacted me. Go back and reveiw. I told you a entire proceedure of things to do. And you never came back to me with anything after that.

May be a stupid question but How much air does your tank have in it
    Pete

mine has roughly 700 psi, not enough to fire the gun, but should be plenty for some trigger pressure at least.

Turn your velocity all the way upand if it does not work just keep turning it until you get a little preasure and fill you tank. It all happened to me. You probaly also want to call the tech line.
    Pete.

i did turn the velocity up and got the leak as mentioned before. I just gassed the valve only up, and the bolt shot across the room, i think that was supposed to happen, and the ult came out of the valve a bit, but didn't shoot out, is that all normal?

exact same thing that happened to me capo, just make sure not to have the bolt in next time,

Originally posted by PBCapo
    okay, i gassed it up, turned the velocity up a crapload, and after a while it suddenly started leaking down the barrel, a lot of gas came through
    You said it leaked down the barrel, it could be your LX leaking but when you turn you velocity up to much it should leak out of the back of the reg.
    PEte

Mine doesn't leak, period. Nowhere, no how.