Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I hate my xvalve

Sure! Its the best thing is to do these things yourself. You learn so much more that way. And it will work. I know it will!

hahahaha! i had a burst of confidence and i pulled really hard and it unscrewed! lube time! and i have air!!!
    Feedback

Upgraded Minimag F/S F/T

My Mags:

-Blue ULE, Xvalve, intelli, blue cp gasthru and flame drop, black and blue cp 2 piece

-Minimag, gas thru and taso drop with on/off, stock barrel

Good Traders: Serialthriller, Heftylefty, Doctorstox, -=[ DevNull ]=-, d40winker(from PBN), bensongg, pbcustom98, nouseforname

i took off the copper piece with the oring in it. Now i see the pin that the copper piece was on and another oring. They both go into a hole. Do i pull this pin as hard as i can until this comes out? I cant get the pin to move much, but i'll try if its what im supposed to do

i got out the reg assembly out and i looked at the 3 orings at the end away from the pin. The one in the middle had a break on it, no too bad but didnt look right, is that oring the culprit, or should i just oil this whole assembly, which btw is very very dry

aww hell i oiled it all up and put it back and gassed it up and it still doesnt work. Is that broken oring the problem?

no the middle piece is just a spacer, it's supposed to have a split in it

lube it up and slip it back in
    if you're leaking out of the barrel chances are you're lx carrier is too loose
    go to the next smallest one and try again

once that's fixed, just try cranking the velocity up until it leaks out the back...
    then back it off a bit(until it stops leaking) and see if it fires
    i've noticed that until everything is broken in, especially the lx and ult, the gun is going to act a bit erratic...
    might not want to fire everytime...
    it gets better the more you use it
    just remember to use lots of GOOD paintball lube everywhere(the lx, the ult, and even put some in the asa)...
    kc troublefree lube is a popular choice..
    Last edited by Jerhew; 01-04-2004 at 12:37 AM.
    TheDuelist "The problem is that Tom has developed the VW Beetle of the paintball industry. It's almost too good to change and far too reliable."

you dont understand though. There is no leak, and there is no pressure to the trigger, and nobody knows what to do. I put lube all over the reg assy, and the ult, and when i gas it up, absolutely nothing happens.

Now start turning the velocity up. It will eventually charge up keep turning it up till it does. I do not think the reg assembly is damaged. Your biggest problem here is you tried to do too much at once. Now you have level 10 to set up AND a ULT. Since you lost some of your main On Off you cannot eliminate that part by putting the regular on off in and get it shooting first before install of the ULT. thats still doable but its your velocity and level 10 now that needs to be set up.

I LOVE MY X-VALVE!

Yay! It worked! Phil, you da man! Thanks for all the patience and dedication!

Now, I was tuning my LX and ULT, and on the ULT I'm getting wicked mad bounce, but if I ditch one shim, it doesn't shoot. Do I just need to break it in, or what?

Also, I get about 2 games in, then I start getting bolt stick. I throw a shim in, and it wokrs fine for another 2 games, then I get bolt stick. Is this normal while I'm breaking it in? Thanks!
    "People that quote themselves in their sigs are stupid." -me

Great traders: mh53eplt, MagOwnerzRule, Fritz1970, joeyt11
    Bad traders: None yet, let's keep it that way!

My Feedback
    Play Paintball Colorado!

Originally posted by PBCapo
    you dont understand though. There is no leak, and there is no pressure to the trigger, and nobody knows what to do. I put lube all over the reg assy, and the ult, and when i gas it up, absolutely nothing happens.
    i thought you said it leaked down the barrel...anyway
    you mean to tell me you cranked the velocity in all the way and it didn't leak?
    unless you're out of air, it's will leak out of the back of the gun if you turn it up far enough

ithaca, NY I go to Ithaca paintball, come play with me.
    Originally posted by Jerhew

i thought you said it leaked down the barrel...anyway
    you mean to tell me you cranked the velocity in all the way and it didn't leak?
    unless you're out of air, it's will leak out of the back of the gun if you turn it up far enough
    No I thought that was the deacon who had it leak out the barrel.
    Pete

FOR SALE
    Evil 3+2 pack
    FeedbackAO feedback PBN feedback Matrix serial #-lost

Originally posted by coolcatpete

No I thought that was the deacon who had it leak out the barrel.
    Pete
    i stand corrected.
    in any case, turn the velocity up...and dont be afraid to crank it up

ithaca, NY I go to Ithaca paintball, come play with me.
    Originally posted by Jerhew

i stand corrected.
    in any case, turn the velocity up...and dont be afraid to crank it up
    Yeah thats what I told him too now The decons works, thanks to cphilip now lets look at pb capos
    Pete

crank it up and when i leaks out the back, dont get shot in the eye with oil. I almost did when i did it. it should work when you crank that mother up.
    My Guns: chrome and black pump mag
    -black 2k sniper 2
    -32* vision imp with ups, ECS, reloader B
    -was'd imp w/ i-frame and all ups, warp feed
    -88/3000 and 48/3000 tanks

AIM: Paintball1084

my feedback

Re: I LOVE MY X-VALVE!

Originally posted by The Deacon
    Yay! It worked! Phil, you da man! Thanks for all the patience and dedication!

Now, I was tuning my LX and ULT, and on the ULT I'm getting wicked mad bounce, but if I ditch one shim, it doesn't shoot. Do I just need to break it in, or what?

Also, I get about 2 games in, then I start getting bolt stick. I throw a shim in, and it wokrs fine for another 2 games, then I get bolt stick. Is this normal while I'm breaking it in? Thanks!
    Great!

Break it in some first and then see. Whats your input? One shim should not take it from bounce to no shoot. Thats odd. The normal swing between those two points is like four shims. Start with four and see what happens. Should be two in there. Make sure none of them got bent too. That could do it. Oil that pin in there and move it up and down some too.

Your other problem sounds like a level 10 carrier size issue not a shim issue. Might be breaking in. Try one tighter. And then try one loser if that fails to give you dependable shooting. Also make sure your barrel is aligning and your detents are right. Also VERY IMPORTANT what spring are you using? The longest one sometimes will not shoot very consistently and sometimes will only work with heavy oil. The middle one is way more dependable. And the Short stock one is very dependable but hardest on paint. You want to use the Middle one. Its either going to be the cut on or it might be Red if its the later model of the Middle spring.

My input is at 850 (preset Crossfire). I'll dink with the ULT some more here soon.

I'll try the carrier trick too. I'm using the smallest spring, but I'll see if I can step up to the medium. That might kill the bolt stick for me.

Personally, I think it was when I did the "sign of the cross" over the vavle that it worked. I think I'll take it to church and get it blessed for the maximum in ULT and LX tuning!

Thanks again!

ah so um
    did pbcapo fix his or what?!....

Deacon, the best way to kill bolt stick is too increase the carrier size. The stiffer spring just increases the operating velocity range.

I suspect that part of PBCapo's problem is also carrier related. Increase a carrier size to free up the bolt and turn up the velocity.
    Except for the Automag in front, its usually the man behind the equipment that counts.

Ok, finally was able to get a refill to finalize things.

No more bolt stick, went up a carrier, no leak, and no bolt stick. PROBLEM SOLVED! Thanks!

Now, with the ULT, do you want as many shims in without bounce or as few shims and no shooting? Which yields the lightest pull? I'm using 1 shim and the trigger feels only marginally lighter than it used to be.

Capo reported to me that after lubing everything he is now fixed and running.

More shims = lighter trigger.

Less shims = More reactivity but heavier pull.

Its like shortening your on off pin each time you add a shim. But at some point it may go Full Auto and not catch on the sear reliably. So too many is a problem at some point. I been running four or five ULT shims in my RTP and thats about medium. Last time I messed with it I left it at 4 ULT shims. Not too light and not too heavy and very dependable lock up.

Remember that 2 ULT shims = 1 Level 10 shim.