Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate my xvalve

deacon does your ult spin freely? i put 2 shims in it like cphil told me to, and after it spun freely, no matter how much i tried to tighten it
    Feedback

Upgraded Minimag F/S F/T

My Mags:

-Blue ULE, Xvalve, intelli, blue cp gasthru and flame drop, black and blue cp 2 piece

-Minimag, gas thru and taso drop with on/off, stock barrel

Good Traders: Serialthriller, Heftylefty, Doctorstox, -=[ DevNull ]=-, d40winker(from PBN), bensongg, pbcustom98, nouseforname

yeah, I can screw it in somewhat and then it hs like a freefloating gap.
    "People that quote themselves in their sigs are stupid." -me

Great traders: mh53eplt, MagOwnerzRule, Fritz1970, joeyt11
    Bad traders: None yet, let's keep it that way!

My Feedback
    Play Paintball Colorado!

someone wanna tell us if its supposed to do that?

okay cphil says thats normal

ask him why my reg won't untwist...

i asked him why mine wont untwist, he said it should be able to, if i do it hard enough, i think im gonna end up sending it to him

yeah, I'll prolly end up sending mine off too...

You are going to need more than 700 to set this thing up. Your gonna need about 2 grand to do all this and break it in. Its not that hard. First time it can be rather confusing. Its really important that you learn though.

One thing we have all noticed is the regulator pin assemblies on these things are very dry and the sometimes stick early on. What I told capo to do was to twist the two halves apart and directly oil the rubber assembly in there first thing. Thats a particularly dry place that oil does not get to easily. And it often can use a lube before you start using these valves. I suggest you do that first thing. And get plenty of air. be carefull you dissasemble and reassemble everything exacty right. Just go slow and refer to the diagram at AGD site and you will soon learn more about your marker. There is a brass ring like thing and an oring that you need to remove before you pull the reg assembly out. And you want to go carefull lining it back up into the back half's hole as you rescrew it back together.

Thanks for the help phil, but I really think my main problem is that the regulator half of the valve is stuck to the front half. The lines do not match up and will not unscrew. I have no idea how to get them apart, all brute force and attempts at lubrication have failed me.

Originally posted by PBCapo
    ye gtrsi, how does that clip help me?
    The link holmes..... how to build a mag. It has a step by step guide...

EDIT: I am on aim, turb0minnow ,if you need some help.

Those two halves have a oring keeping them air tight. And that has to be broken lose to get them apart. Now I not saying yours is not screwed but I suspect not. Its often rather tight the first time on a new valve. But that is the area I wanted you to get into to lube. So if you cannot then I got no answer for you. If you believe its screwed up then return it. If you know someone that does have a lot of experience with then then let them have a look see first. But you do need to get that apart but NOT damage the valve doing it.

And they often do not line up. That means very little. That oring varies a little in thickness. I suspect you got a thick one and so its tight before they line up. Really doesn't matter. It matters that it does not leak is all.

I do think it's out of alignment w/ the z-lock pin so I think the on/off isn't aligned w/ the triggerframe which would explain almost everything.

Woo got it! Took some major brute force, didn't damage the valve and it's apart! LUBE TIME!

Not really. The Field Strip screw makes everything align.

Now if you had no rail bushing then it can't

But if your problem is like Capo's then its a dry reg assembly or a level 10 slop.

What kind of markers are these X Valves going into?

Roguerailed, IT bodied, intelliframed. I was using an RT Pro valve before and it was flawless.

In my opinon its a dry sticking reg assembly most likely. You have to get into the back to fix that.

Originally posted by The Deacon
    Woo got it! Took some major brute force, didn't damage the valve and it's apart! LUBE TIME!
    YAY! Ok now pull that reg assembly and lube the heck outa it and work it in a few times. Then we start over here!

Do you have any Dow 33 grease? Robagd and Tunaman told me a trick here that does help if you do. If not just use marker oil. Its not critical. But they mix a little dow 33 with marker oil and smear that on the outside. Makes it stick ont here better and only have to do it once is all. If not oil will work fine.

Ok, the reg has been thoroughly lubed.

Sorry, I only have marker oil.

Thats cool. Now let me ask you this... are you also installing a ULT? Like capo?

Yes I am, sir.

First question: Did you remove ALL the orings from the on off hole before you tried it? The little and bigger ones stuck up in the top of the on off hole. They need to come out too.

Second question: Do you still have the regular on off assembly and its orings to put back in first? We could get it shooting with that first and then move on to the ULT because we are eliminating and tuning one step at a time that way. It probably needs a little oil in there too.

Third question: did you double check the carrier fit on the level 10 and oil it a tiny bit?

I did remove all o-rings for ult. I will check carrier and original on/off real quick. Give me a minute or two.

You are going to shoot now....I can feel it....

Air? you got air? Need it!!!!

Don't forget to return those two top orings and oil the pin and slide it back and forth a little if your going to put the normal on off back in for a bit.

I'm down below needed pressure now. The trigger on my Retro would still get gassed at 600 like it is now, but this one won't. I guess I'l lgo get a fill asap tomorrow morning then dink with it tomorrow. Thanks a ton for all the help though, Phil!

Its most likely not going to on this one. Mainly because its tight and the level 10 is not set yet and all. Its gonna need a blast and then some volume adjustment. Drop me a pm tomorrow if its not working when you get air. We get it going. I think its gonna fire up now. get it going with that normal on off and set good and then that ULT will be a sinch of a drop in from there.

This is what needs the lube. Just to be sure we on the right track

Right. I'll let you know tomorrow, thanks again for all your help!

cphil the deacon's inspired me, im gonna wait a bit on sending my gun out