Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Norcal / Socal Picture Thread!

the breakout

"bunny" got tired of taking pics of the ballers...

"bunny" and i are back up to SF...

we had a great time, it was nice meeting soo many of you AOers.. it was nice to see mag lovers out west...

the fields were great... im pretty chewed up from the fields (hard ground) but i had a great time... the weather was great, the sun was bright, and i had fun shooting my x-mag.

the 4.0 software is SCARY!!!

cant wait for the next event (next year???)

peace out from NOR-CAL

skirts (and bunny)

LittlePaintballBoy Guest
    I had a great McFriggen time, lots of fun. There was also lots of guns to shoot, my god those 4.0 emags and the Alias were fast I had a few chops in my trix, but that will be solved next time I have 120 bucks for a halo. It was great meeting everyone, I had a great time

LPB

Lemme lighten it up a bit before I tell the story...

This was the result when I was running towards the same bunker Tom was rushing to off the break. If you look real closely, Tom gave me quite the shiner on my forehead. Last time I got one of these, it lasted for 3 months. Let's just say I'll be reminded of Tom every morning for the next 3 months.

Thanks for signing my forehead Tom!!
    "I just came for your mayonaise." ~ TooDamnSweet
    My Buyer/Trader Feedback
    Paintball's Best Photo Gallery: Jayloo.com
    My Jayloo Photos

Well, me and the other guys are still at the hotel, living it up. Probably watch a movie or two (inside joke). We're staying here another night just because we can Anyway, ill make a post later about that whole experience. I had an awesome time but right now i need to digest a 40 oz steak.
    toodles

My Feedback
    Not Wearing Pants Since 1999
    President of The Anti-Pants Party
    Join The Anti-Pants Party

Just got back from the meet, I had a great time. It was good to see the Socal crowd and meet some of the Norcal players. I was surprised to see so many players, but that's great, it means that this will likely happen again next year. I've got some video of some of the games, but it's so far away you can't really see what's happening. It does show what the fields looks like. I'll post it up a little later.

I just got back too. I am totally beat from this event. I tried to get CD's of the picts out to most people but then there is a whole nother batch of photos from today that I did not get (you all know who you are!). I am going through all the footage of the meet that my bro took (thanks Morgan!) and the first thing I saw was that WE GOT BRAD BUNKERING TOM ON TAPE!!!

Ill try and get that out after I unload some of this!

I gotta see that footage, since I was right there. It was all a blur, id like to see what really happened.

I need to compose my thoughts and put up a meaningful, thought out after-action report.

A site for gay and alternative lifestyles: www.zakvetter.com

Working on pics, but a few thoughts:

First, Thanks to Zak for the whole deal. It was a great idea, an amazing effort and it worked.

Thanks to the local guys that made it happen - Will and Army for scout work and liason, Breakout for logistics and rolling with it when things didn't work. Thanks to AGD for Potatoboy and the support/sales/tech/handholding.

Thanks to TK for coming down and hanging with us for the bull sessions. One other thing -

TK Got game. You have seen the pics, I was in the game and it was pretty funny. TK says "I'll take back right". I hit a right can around the 20 and observe TK pass me, pass the 30, hit the 40, the 50, bounce and go to the opposite 30. Game over.

All in all, it was one hell of a weekend. It was great to meet the Socal guys, it is going to be much harder to talk smack now that we know how sensitive they are.

OK, a few pics:

First of all, Zman sweetspotting on the break - He finally found time to play:

The Airball field rocked - it was a big layout but had a lot of key spots. The 50 was hotly contested:
    Last edited by Aegis; 01-18-2004 at 11:54 PM.

Speaks for itself:

I think this is Big Echo heading into the T-bone. This was a t shaped bunker opposite the snake that turned out to be a major factor on the field.

This is what happens after some old slow dude says "You guys all rush 'em, I'll cover you". That's me running for a nice quiet spot in the corner. Observe the Over-the-head firing technique the shock troops employ.

Last edited by Aegis; 01-19-2004 at 12:06 AM.

Just got home a couple of hours ago, and am still stoked about the weekend. I had a blast meeting everyone. Im backed up with stuff and I will post my thoughts in a little while. But for now, I just want to thank Zak for this whole thing, it wouldnt have happened without you.

-Jeremy
    AGG!

lol nice pic of me.....err i wish i had gotten more. too bad jeremy got a photoshoot with MY GUN!!! rawr. anyway, the 03 shocker is awesome....seriously wicked awesome....peace im out like a fat kid in dodgeball
    Arggggh

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE
    cold as ice

Gotta say that Curly made the best bunker move I saw all weekend. Most of them were fast and furious. I was back left, with the snake on my left, yelling SNAKE SNAKE SNAKE and got shot out, only to watch the guy crawl up further. Curly came from the back RIGHT all the way across to the center/left 50, leaned over the snake and shot him out like it was a walk in the park. Beautiful.

Hehe thank you for the compliment. During that move I also shot MrMag out as I was running. Im not bragging, just rubbing it in for him a little more.

First of all, thanks to Z-man for heading this whole effort. You da man! Also, thanks to everyone else who made it happen, including Wil, Army, Breakout, Brad, and others who I may have neglected to mention. Finally, thanks to Tom Kaye for coming out. I can tell it meant a lot to everyone there, and it was just great meeting them. Shoot, he knew I didn't own a mag, and he still took the time to talk with me!

I'll use my normal Yays/Blahs format.

Yays!
    -The event itself! WTG Zak!
    -Tom Kaye was there, and spoke candidly about anything we asked. He spent many hours talking to us, and went out of his way to try and spread his attention around to everyone. Total class act.
    -After the initial problems were fixed, the viking was rockin!
    -Awesome sportsmanship all around. Best day of paintball I've had.
    -Good fields. Despite some initial reservations, the fields turned out to be very balanced and entertaining. And the airball field was a blast.
    -Free air! Sure it was 2000 psi, but thats all us viking guys needed
    -Putting faces to names. Curly, Echo, Flyboy, leatherpants, RoadDawg, the list goes on and on. It could have rained both days, and the trip would still have been worthwhile just to meet everyone.
    -My long-awaited run-in with No Skillz. Funny as heck. You just had to be there.
    -Watching Leatherpants rip on any gun he was handed. That guy is incredible! And his rendition of "paintball player on Red Bull" is unforgettable.
    -Continued my "has not been bunkered" streak.

Blahs:
    -Watching Z-man go through all the trouble he had on Saturday. The fact that all that stuff could happen, and he still remained upbeat, is a testiment to his character.
    -Initial problems with the viking. More chops than the pork section of the supermarket.
    -Watching leatherpants, curly, flyboy, and essentially anyone who tried my gun shoot way faster than I ever could. Sigh...
    -Talking to Tom Kaye, with him knowing that I dont own an AGD product. I may have to rectify that situation. Having talked to the man face-to-face, I understand even more the reputation his company has developed for quality.
    -My game was in the toilet the first half of the day. The second half wasnt great, but it never is, and being on the seat is better than being all the way in the bowl, I guess.
    -The horror that is an hour of "your momma" jokes at 12:00 AM.

Well remember this Steel, you were the only one all day that actually kept me tucked in my bunker. BTW again I'm sorry about chopping in your gun. My "chop in every gun I shoot" streak continues.

Screw the tourney I had so much fun. I'm sore as hell though. I haven't moved this much in a long time. My left thumb is killing me from popping open so many pods.

BUY THESE
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167821
    https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=167823

https://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103516
    http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=452879

Do you guys call a Sam Adams "Pods" down there?

All I know is that Flyboi should have been in the Navy cuz he drinks like a fish.

Here's a pic of some of the guys from Wild 106.1. First time playing and already bunkering!

I finally have had a chance to sit down and think about the weekend a little bit. This was one of the most fun weekends of paintball that I have had in a long time. I had a great time from the moment I met everyone friday afternoon at the gas station. The moment Zak jumped out of his car, I knew that with his energy, this day would be awesome no matter what.

I had a lot of fun working on setting up the airball fields with everyone on friday afternoon, it was the best airball field that have ever played on and I credit all of the AO minds put together.

Friday night was fun, I was disapointed that we couldnt all eat together, but it seemed to work out ok. I greatly apprecaite Tom's willingness to speak to us about anything we wanted. Even issues that I thought he might be sensitive about, such as the whole patent controversy. In the time that we sat at that table, I learned ten times about the whole issue then I had on the forums previously. We even got a little bit of the infamous o-ring talk that I have heard so much about. I was just impresed that Tom would show up and not mind sitting at a table with and talking to Wallace911, Steelratt and Myself, being as none of us own mags.

Saturday morning I woke up after 2.5 hours of sleep and felt crappy as hell. When I got to the field I was stressed out about the tournament and the lack of air. Everything worked out for the better and we were able to have fun without the tournament. I had a great time playing on the Airball with Will, Hoxter, Skirts and all those guys. This was one of the first weekends where I have played front all the time and my muscles are sure letting me know at this point. I appreciate skirts letting me play with his xmag and I might even have to pick up a back up emag or something. Miscues software was incredibly impressive and was fun to play with. Skirts, Tom and I went through countless pods, just trying to see how fast we could shoot.

Im sorry that I missed the get together on saturday night, I was burned out and we just ended up going back to Will's house.

Sunday started out slowly but turned into another fun day on the airball field. People started to catch onto my 50 dashes and kept trying to lane me going in.

Pro's

-Meeting and putting faces to the screename. Especially Steelrat who I have been talking to online for months. Z-man, Aegis, Tom, Tato, Sarah... etc.. etc...

-Playing with and against some good compitition

-Playing a whole day and only shooting one case ( I usually average 2-3)

-Getting to the 50's off the break and working on perfecting my superman slides

-Going to dinner with everyone friday night

-Making fun of Leatherpants

Cons

-Z-man having to run around all saturday morning and only getting a few games

-Not getting to play against tom

-Not being able to talk to and meet everyone, just too many people around to keep track of.

Im sure I will think of more later on. I just wanted to thank everyone who helped organize this event. Especially Zack and the Field owner brad who I traded shots with all day today. I think we were pretty even. Also Wild 106.1? for plugging the meet on the radio, even though of them shot me in the jaw as I walked off the field.

Thats it for now.

-Jeremy

Sup guys got in a while ago, passed out nowim back on the 'puter. Im still in awe of NorCal SoCal to think up of words to say. Ill couldthinka bout was how ridiculously fun the airball field was. Heres a pic of what it looked like. Yall AOers that were there correct me if im wrong.

...ever in the continual search of time dilation.

Emag 4.0 "I love the way you turn me on"

One tiny detail. There were cans laid down in front of the doritos on both ends but that was pretty much the field.

I will try and post on this in detail tomorrow as my typing is sad enough right now.

Nice little drawing there Carbon, and hey what happened to AJ? I was missing you there again! I am cursed with ditching you every time!

Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm going to have to make the trip out there for the next event, man does that look like fun!

Great pics everyone (including "Bunny"! ). Keep 'em coming!

Great report guys and gals.

There are three of four major points I want to flesh out here for all of you planning these events that I think are very important to remember

1) Most importantly for you planners out there is Zaks dealing with issues that come up. Thats the first one I want to mention. No matter how hard you plan on these events SOMETHING rears it's ugly head. You can plan yourself black and blue and still something will happen. You just deal with it. And the very most important thing to remember is that AO'ers go along. They don't care. They just there to have fun. So as a planner this is one thing you can count on. You just deal with it best you can and they will be fine with it. Not a problem. Remember they are there to socialize as much as play. They don't really care! Makes it so much easier for you that they have a great attitude about this kind of stuff.

2) I saw a comment on paint usage. They normaly do not shoot that much paint at these things. Again its a Social thing. And that good! Just don't expect much more than a case per person if you planning. Thats normal. A few of course do shoot more but over all these things do not use huge amounts of paint.

3) Common response: "the best day of paintball I have had in a long time". Yep. There is no better day than an AO day. Those of you that have never been to one are really missing out. These are what paintball is all about.

4) Friends and family coming out. This is one thing very unique to AO days. Many of them come out. Keep that in mind and make it so. It doesn't matter if they play or not. They are a viable part of the whole thing. And they feel welcome to come watch. Make it just as fun for them as the players. They support the people that play and its important to keep them in the loop. If they have fun then they will support the AO day as much as anyone else. Its something unique thats happening in that area that AO days seem to encourage. It think its important to cater to them and be sure they know they are welcome.

Originally posted by cphilip
    2) I saw a comment on paint usage. They normaly do not shoot that much paint at these things. Again its a Social thing. And that good! Just don't expect much more than a case per person if you planning. Thats normal. A few of course do shoot more but over all these things do not use huge amounts of paint.
    Yea ususally I shoot more! Because of the earlier problmes lots of us had to regulate how much paint we could shoot.

Hi all!

I would just like to take a minute to tell you what a blast i personally had this weekend (except for the sunburn). It was one of the greatest paintball times i have ever experienced. Thanks to Zman, Potatoboy, Army (goodluck in Iraq), Brad Scott, and everyone who attended. I'm sorry again for the compressor/generator problem we had, that was surely unplanned.

I also saw in another post the battling about AGD undercutting local dealers. Just to clear it up straight from the mouth of co-owner/manager of Breakout Paintball Supply, i could really care less if AGD rolled into town and gave product away. I saw local customers of mine buy some product from Potatoboy, which could have been easily my money, but i do not care. The enthusiasm on the kids face is enough for me.

Once again, thank you to everyone who came out. I look forward to doing this next year. Zman, thanks for your contribution, you really deserve all the credit. Thanks for the shirt again. Here are some pictures the WILD 106.1 radio station have posted on their website located at http://www.wild1061.com

Last edited by BreakoutPBJon; 01-19-2004 at 02:47 PM.

BPBJon - is that you in the pic with the 106.1 guys?

THANKS TO BREAKOUT PAINT & A.G.D(AMERICAN GUN DESIGN)

When did Tom change the name? Why didn't I get the memo?

Hey Hitech your starting to sound like me! - AGD
    Hitech is the man.... - Blennidae
    The only Hitech Lubricant