Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watching Paintball Sucks, and is BORING.

Thumbs down Watching Paintball Sucks, and is BORING.

I just got through watching the Derder 300 fps and Pan Am Vegas...What a bore.
    It's really no wonder paintball will never be a succesful TV enterprise.
    Also, watching paintball from the sidelines live is equally boring unless there is something personal at stake, like watching a buddy win, or a hated enemy lose. This is a compilation of all the BEST footage from a tourny, yet it's all the same crap: Bunkering, yelling, gun throwing, cheating...over and over.
    I realized about 3 months ago why a dislike playing paintball now. Because the fields are all the same basic design, with the same basic tactics to win, there is NO drama from game to game, no heroic moves, and inspirational play. None.
    Every game I am in or watch has the same componants, namely: Roll guns on the break, back guys shoot the lanes, grab the 50's, insert the tapes, get the lucky shots, 3 or 4 on 1 bunker the last guy out, complain about the 1 for 1, shout out what a badda22 you are.

That's it.
    The team that does that the best wins.
    I would LOVE to see some assymetrical fields, weak sides, layouts with an obvious advantage for defense on one side and offense on the other...stuff like that.
    Apparently, the day of inspired play and inventive tactics are long gone. That's why I play a lot of pump anymore. If you play against other good players it is FAR more exciting, and you have to play a more intelligent game to survive.
    Paintball is a game that is ONLY interesting playing, not watching, and then only if there is some variety interjected during play.
    Paintball is definatly NOT a spectator sport.
    Brent.
    I don't practice anymore: I'm just good in a natural, vicious sort of way.

Will you please tell your boobs to quit staring at my eyeballs?

I personaly like watching paintball(ofcourse not as much as playing).

You say its boring watching the same thing over and over...what the hell man, thats all profesional sports, watch Sportscenter, I have never witnessed a baseball highlight of a man stealing second only to be attacked by a polar bear. Give me a break.

Drink Wine

RIGHT ON!

rant on:

I am personaly SICK of *NO CUSSING* SUP'AIR tourneys and the whole world championship in general. Everyone is shooting gun that put out no less than 10 bps. Everyone is carrying atleast 2000 paintballs on their back. Everyone is using the same frigging tactics. I am sick of watching them spray their googles with crap that makes mask hit look like splatter hits. I am sick of players having 18/20 inch barrels so they can bend the obsticles around their gun like bending a ballon. I am sick of just watching all the players wipe like it's their job.

rant off:

I still long for the days when woods ball tourneys were "popular". I long for the times when players would do things like having bleed valves in their gun so they could trick players into thinking their gun was having problems. I do so miss the game I knew when I was growing up...
    Last edited by Load SM5; 08-15-2004 at 08:17 PM.

"Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time." -GLS

Quote Originally Posted by ntn4502
    I personaly like watching paintball(ofcourse not as much as playing).

You say its boring watching the same thing over and over...what the hell man, thats all profesional sports, watch Sportscenter, I have never witnessed a baseball highlight of a man stealing second only to be attacked by a polar bear. Give me a break.

Good point, thats exactly what I was thinking. Its the same watching football or other sports. You wait for that one play that one moment where something spectacular happens and it makes you want to watch more.

Humans naturally gauge thier interest in something based on "check points". We go from rush to rush, and pending on how few or far between they are is where our interest may lay. Just something interesting Ive observed.
    Semper Fidelis

Load SM5 Fan Club
    member #4
    Treasurer

Adrenaline_Junkie Guest
    Storm and Driver, if ya dont like it then dont watch it. No one cares about the fact that you dont like watching it. Its no different than watching any other sport. You say all the fields are the same, PAINTBALL HAS THE WIDEST VARIETY O PLAYING FIELDS BESIDES MAYBE GOLF! All that being said dont watch it if ya dont like it or SHUT UP! Your reasoning behind your hating watching paintball is totally pointless and full of BS. Both of you have been added to THE LIST

I know leave with a friendly reminder, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!

Flame Away You Paintball Hating Wierdos!

Adrenaline Junkie, your comments are pointless frigging stupid. I am glad I have been added to "the list" as if it really matters. Paintball has become homogenious and if you cant see it, your just frigging BLIND!

Quote Originally Posted by M-a-s-sDriver
    Also, watching paintball from the sidelines live is equally boring unless there is something personal at stake, like watching a buddy win, or a hated enemy lose. This is a compilation of all the BEST footage from a tourny, yet it's all the same crap: Bunkering, yelling, gun throwing, cheating...over and over.
    I realized about 3 months ago why a dislike playing paintball now. Because the fields are all the same basic design, with the same basic tactics to win, there is NO drama from game to game, no heroic moves, and inspirational play. None.
    Every game I am in or watch has the same componants, namely: Roll guns on the break, back guys shoot the lanes, grab the 50's, insert the tapes, get the lucky shots, 3 or 4 on 1 bunker the last guy out, complain about the 1 for 1, shout out what a badda22 you are.
    That's it.
    I would LOVE to see some assymetrical fields, weak sides, layouts with an obvious advantage for defense on one side and offense on the other...stuff like that.
    Apparently, the day of inspired play and inventive tactics are long gone. That's why I play a lot of pump anymore. If you play against other good players it is FAR more exciting, and you have to play a more intelligent game to survive.
    Paintball is a game that is ONLY interesting playing, not watching, and then only if there is some variety interjected during play.
    Brent.
    Wow, where to start. You claim paintball is the same over and over. What about ALL sports. If one team in basketball works the ball good, and passes good, gets open shots and makes it they win. If they can get rebounds, close the lane, and defend outside shooters they win. It is simple. I have seen heroic moves in paintball. I saw a trauma player take 4 All americans out in a game in chicago.

How about in basketball one side of the court has a longer 3 point line then the other to make it more of a challenge. Or how about we deflate the ball for one football team whenever they get possesion. To make it more strategic on defense. GIVE ME A BREAK! You are telling me its fun to watch soccer? It is personal preference of what interests you. I'd watch an xball match over any other sport. Some people think baseball is boring as hell. Personally, being the big baseball player/fan I am, I love watching it.

You make some of the most general arguements I've ever seen that can be brought into any sport. If you do this, that, this, that is a sport you will win, it is the same in all sports. Between soccer, hockey, and Lacrosse(sp?), I could take a few naps during the games and watch some leaves blow in the wind between games and be more entertained. IT IS ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU LIKE TO WATCH.

www.TeamNever.com

That's it.
    Brent.

All football, baseball, and basketball games have symmetrical courts, similar tactics, and a fairly guessable strategy. What excites the crowd is when something unexpected comes, the same reason as with paintball. And once again, paintball is a much bigger GAME than it is a SPORT. So even if "pro" paintball fails, which i dont hope for but is possible, the "rec" portion (a much much much larger portion of the game if i may say) will never die. So i dont see why our game has to be a sport to make it enjoyable... but that's just me. I guess my priorities are all wrong, having fun and winning no money, or making it not as fun and winning money. Im kinda screwy like that...

Gabe
    BRAND NEW NEVER BEFORE USED CROSSFIRE 68/45K!!!

CLICK HERE! INSANE DEAL!

wow, tony beat me to it...

and I love the repetetive usage of the word "friggin" in your post Storm. Really an intelligent way to make your point.

Gabe

Now that youve lit up that bunker, your going to have to lean against it... im in ohio

That's it.
    Brent.

Your opinion sucks.
    Stock BKO (so far)
    68/3k Carbon Fiber Crossfire tank
    Halo B
    woot!
    I can tell that my parents hate me. My bath toys are a toaster and
    a radio.

Adrenaline_Junkie Guest
    Storm and Driver have been....

i think ill refrain from taking sides in this flame war

if you dont like watching paintball tournaments, then dont. if you dont like speedball, dont play it. if you dont like woodsball, dont play it. if you dont like a certain part of the sport, then just stay away from it, you dont have to flame about it. id personally rather watch paintball than any other sport, but if you dont like watching paintball, thats fine with me. just keep quiet about it.
    xvalve, ule body, logic vert frame, WWA barrel
    68/30 PE nitro tank
    cp unimount
    halo B

F! this FOURUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I love it when people use ghetto buzz words ( you got served ) to tell me that my view on current ideas and beliefs is unpopular. Oh, by the way, I DONT CARE IF I MAY HAVE USED "FRIGGIN" TOO MANY TIMES. Way to try to invalidate my argument BY NOT ADRESSING THE "FRIGGIN" issue.

Forget this forum...

i think the problem is not that paintball is boring and repeats itself, i think the problem is that you are watching 300 fps, which uses the same material over and over.

personman Guest

i contributed to this thread

lol.

personally i like to watch people that are better than me, watch their moves, see where they prevail and fail, then learn from what happens, and also u know how they play if u are up against them later...just my 2cents
    Ender's Violent/Hybrid Alias: 14" Stiffi, Frenzy116, Critical Trigger, VPp Torp HPR, Hybrid LPR w/ VPp, hybrid ARC

STOP PLAYING WITH MY SIG ITS NOT TOO BIG

Remember...you are served by your servant.
    I guess "owned" has finally been used to death.

you said it ramennoodles (isac, lol). Der Der makes the game look like its the same every time. I hate der der with a pasion. It just shows all the cheating and the whining in the sport.

mcdkid-"Remember friends don't let friends surf pbnation"
    Check it out >>>>>> http://www.wdp.tv/fly/ <<<<<<

I agree! Watching paintball is insanely boring. Unless you are watching your own friends or AO. But PB videos are horid, all you see are guys standing behind bunkers shooting 244325 bps, and every so often you'd get a HOLY CRAP BUNKER!!!. The videos just aren't that exciting. I could care less about who wins what tourny.

I do know the AO sig rules, I just want a free sig pic, that's all!

My Gun CollectionhAppy's Official B/S/T thread - Feedback

i personally love watching paintball on tv. it rocks. but if you dont like watching it then...um...i guess that is ok with me. but like slade said "just keep quiet if you dont like it".

I agree you should just keep your opinion to yourself. All you've accomplished is a flame war and if you dont like this forum then leave. You wont be missed

I also enjoy watching better paintball players on video. It helps learn new tatics to use in my game. Also, I'd rather be watching paintball than a bunch of other crap on tv right now.

meh, i like watching it

Adrenaline_Junkie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StormSurge
    Wow, I love it when people use ghetto buzz words ( you got served ) to tell me that my view on current ideas and beliefs is unpopular. Oh, by the way, I DONT CARE IF I MAY HAVE USED "FRIGGIN" TOO MANY TIMES. Way to try to invalidate my argument BY NOT ADRESSING THE "FRIGGIN" issue.

Forget this forum...
    No Storm, FORGET YOU!!!

I think all you guys that say you should keep your comments to yourself are missing the point of AO. If we all agreed 100% of the time, the majority of posts on AO would be "pics of my new mag," o'wait a sec......

I also think watching paintball is pretty dam borring, but to be honest paintball has alot more problems to address before it should ever consider wide syndication.

gt

Quote Originally Posted by nt2004
    I agree you should just keep your opinion to yourself. All you've accomplished is a flame war and if you dont like this forum then leave. You wont be missed
    There's no flame war...
    We are just saying if we like it or not, it isn't offending anyone. It'd be funny if someone got butthurt hearing that pb videos are boring.

ok, lets settle down children...

your opinion is your opinion; to share it on a forum like this one is exactly what forums are for, to speak, share and or voice your opinion all with a common interest... thus to see a thread like this is truly dissapointing

I for one will not add my opinion to this thread seeing as of how it has become a flame war.

and by the way... this is definatly worthy of a rolleyes...

Now that youve lit up that bunker, your going to have to lean against it... im in ohio
    10 dollars says he will linger here and eventually show up later.

I am also of the opinion that its boring to watch on TV. Every time its on TV I am interested in watching, but then once I'm watching it, I'm reminded it is boring.

Those of you who pointed out that other sports play on a symetrical field are missing out on one point. Something I never really noticed until Tom Kaye mentioned it at the AO CA day.

Other sports have a focus object that is constantly in motion. The "ball" itself. You watch to see which team can move the ball to its intended goal the best. Paintball as it is played now does not have that, and I believe that is a major portion of why its boring to watch.

i like to go to the field at watch people and learn how to play a field better, and as far as the vids online, some are ok but most suck, they zoom in too far, if they had like an overview of the whole field it would begood, i think...the only not boring online vid i saw was like dynasty vs someone and one of the guys got pissed off and peppered a reff and then all the rest of the refs jumped onto the guy and threw him to the ground...the rest of it was boring tho, i dont like the zoomed in stuff..like i said i like waticnhg it in real life becuase u can se everytihng and i actaully learn and i try new things, and invent my own tactics