Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "All by AO vendors RT Pro project" cphilip's

those are shaped differently.
    They have more of a curve on the back of the grip.

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

Originally posted by Cryer
    those are shaped differently.
    They have more of a curve on the back of the grip.
    I said it once,I guess I'll say it again.

The OTB frame was designed around IR3 grips and was all that was available during the devolpment of the OTB frame.That's also what they originally came with until they started molding thier own.

I "think" they will fit just as well if not better then the IR3's.The added curve they have at the very top appears to line up well with the Logic frame.

Jay.

(Just speculation on my part)
    Logic Paintball Forums
    My A O Feedback Here
    Other Feedback Here
    If I've Been Any help
    Please Leave Some.

i love it, i want one!

but i think there should be a different barrel and the logic frame should be black too. otherwise sweet!
    My Setup:

Blue 2k3 V/F Cocker14" JT 2-PeiceShocktech PneusDye 2X Trigger FrameNW 5" Spoon DropJAM BoltCenterFlag 68/4500

as RRfireblade stated, i think that the OTB grips would look very nice on it... plus they dont have the LCD window them them
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

Originally posted by cphilip
    . . . . There is some debate that they types of Aluminum would not black the same either. So thats still a variable in the mix. . . . .
    The frames and triggers are both machined from 6061 T-6 aluminum bar. That's one of the most ano friendly alloys out there, so you should have no trouble matching blacks.

If that ano guy matched the ULE Body (which is 7075 I believe) to the rail (extruded 6061) then he will have no problem matching the frame to the rest of it.

The trigger pivot pin is just pressed into place Phil, so if you guys decide to disassemble it, just lay it down on a table right side up, with the trigger guard pointing to your right, and tap the pin out with an 1/8" (or smaller) drift.

The OTB grips are IR3 knock offs, just like out custom grips were going to be. They will fit just fine, if it comes to that.

BTW, that thing is sharp Phil. You be careful when you play with it, lest you put a scratch on the paintball equivelent of the Mona Lisa.

Later

The Frymarker Guest
    Hey Phil

I'm working on your windows right now, I have 2 in the molds and hopefully fingers crossed they all come out today

I will ship them out tomorrow if so

and...? Dont leave us hanging like this heather, pics pics pics!!!

I also realize I am 6 hours ahead of the east coast, but you should all be awake by now!!!

Lord Gabriel the Jacob

The Frymarker Guest
    Hey, hey, hey, don't rush perfection. Actually I have to do a few over, there was condensation in the graphic from the ink formed little bubbles. I'll have some pics this afternoon.

Ok just a quick note and I gotta get my stuff packed for the CFOA tomorrow. I recieved this back from Colin today. He popped for two day on his dime to get it to me so I could show it off. Not only that but it looks like he slotted the hole for the forgrips so they can be moved around and ULE'd the rail too! All things I did not ask him for. Super nice guy to deal with and takin care of ole Unka Phil really REALLY good. Many props and thanks Colin. My only issue now is that grip color. I not happy with it. Its almost Grey. I going to change that and then we see. I have not had time to do anything but build it up and stick a Macro fitting in the valve. But maybe during the tourney tomorrow I will rig it up and get it running. It is SUPER SWEET. So very light too. I am impressed with the finish on these bodies. He smooths them out so much it looks like glass.

More later after tomorrows CFOA. This thing might even get a work out tomorrow. Who knows. For right now its a back up for that. Who wouldn't like to have one of these for a back up?

RAVE reviews from people at the field today from this thing. I got stopped all day long. I carried it everywhere. TAG was impressed. Heck everyone was! This thing was oogled and pawed by everyone. I mean people that never would consider a Mag are now thinking about it. I gave out a stack of Nicads Cards today. Coolhand I need some of yours if you have some. I mean this thing is making people reconsider their impressions of a mag. First question: "What is that?" Answer: "its a mag". Response "Your kidding?" Answer "Nope". Next response: "Wow this is light!" "Who makes it?"

well you get credit for the design but it couldn't be done with out all those guys that have nothing else to do but make lousy paintball parts

*don't take lousy the wrong way, they are great paintball parts but yea, im done *

I have no idea what you just said... and in fact I can see you have no idea what you just said.... So I guess you just posted to see if you can still type?

. . . . . Coolhand I need some of yours if you have some.. . . . .
    I'll get a stack on the way to you on Monday.

Thanks for the publicity Phil.

This may be the dawning of a new age, one in which kids with Angels and Timmies crowd around, pushing and shoving, to get a glimps of . . . . . a Mag.

You're gonna need a guy there to constantly tell you you're not dreaming, and another one to beat the groupies back with a stick.

The Twilight Zone ain't got nothin' on us. lol

Later

BTW, UltimatePaintballer - WTF was that about?

EDIT: Beat by the man. Phil, you can type like the wind.

Seriously Coolhand... this grip went over big time today. I bet at least 50 people handled and fondled this thing. Its gonna be a big show off in Atlanta next CFOA. By that time I hope to have that grip color fixed to match and decide if I gonna go black or not with it and it will be aired up. But its getting raves. People see that Body and that grip and they just cannot tell what the thing is. They are stupified....

Oh I did rig this things up tonight and it RIPS! The Kid said "I'm shooting that from now on". And this is after he has been shooting the X Mag all day. He giving it back for this RTP. I not sure thats good or bad?

yea, i just finished watching a movie and was half asleep typing it so i had no idea what i said, i just gave credit to you for the gun

Originally posted by UltimatePaintballer
    yea, i just finished watching a movie and was half asleep typing it so i had no idea what i said, i just gave credit to you for the gun
    Naw.... not me. Give credit to all the fine AO vendors here. And AGD. I just was the conduit that brought it all into one place. For my own selfish reasons! I wanted it!

personman Guest
    Any more info on this CFOA in ATL? Where is it? I dont know anything about CFOA but im guessing you have to have a registered team to participate and you have to participate for the whole season?
    Maybe I could swing by to fondle your gun phil

personman Guest
    Hmm.. Interesting.
    Its a bit pricy, but then again it includes air.
    It doesnt say anything about paint..
    I could get a team together.. I dont know what division we would play in though? Rookie I suppose. I've never been to Ultimate Paintball before, but I think it is pretty close.
    Hmmm.. I'm liking the prizes though.
    The big question is am I going to be able to gather up 5 friends who are willing to pay $40 a pop and be able to get together and practice once or twice within the month.. I could always shoot for an AO team

Its all BYOP...

=I did rig this things up tonight and it RIPS! The Kid said "I'm shooting that from now on". And this is after he has been shooting the X Mag all day. He giving it back for this RTP. I not sure thats good or bad?
    ill buy the shark x-mag from ya eventually if thats what your kid was shooting

personman Guest
    IC. BYOP, eh?
    Sounds fun.

Based on the one in SC, can you give me a brief discriptions of the 3 sections? (rookie, novice, AM) IE How well teammates cooperate, actual playing ability, bunkering..
    I dont know how the whole tourney thing works..

The Frymarker Guest
    Unka Phil .....I have your jewels

I made a few extra for you, I'll be sending them out tomorrow.

Erm.... I WISH!!!

Hold up sending... I want to talk to you about something else that involves using them. Can you make Black flat panels for these IR3 shaped grips that include placing these jewels in them? Or on them. If so I think that would be the solution to fixing the Greyish Color of those grips and getting them to match the other Blacks of the foregrips. I still got to get that foregrip out to you but will monday. But if you can do this then please let me know what it would cost and I get that in with the Foregrip shipment.

Originally posted by personman
    IC. BYOP, eh?
    Sounds fun.

Based on the one in SC, can you give me a brief discriptions of the 3 sections? (rookie, novice, AM) IE How well teammates cooperate, actual playing ability, bunkering..
    I dont know how the whole tourney thing works..
    Well the Novice was only Saturday. And that was 63 teams! And I can tell you there were teams in it that were NO WAY novice. Ours was and a few others around us were but there were "novice" teams with team trailers and some of them guys were 40 something years old and looked like they been playing for years! However the competition is tremendous in all levels. Very good teams playing the CFOA and I garantee you the ones we faced were not all Novice. So what! You gonna get some good competition. And your going to beat some of them too!

The Frymarker Guest
    Working on soemthing

personman Guest

Well the BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA. BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA.
    Aha. I'm looking more into this. I'm pretty sure I could gather up a team but I might have to do something on that day.. I'll have to look at the schedule
    About how many games did Team AO play? I'm thinking about paint prices ect.. I rarely shoot a case.. like I think I only shot about a case at Oklahoma DDay

Originally posted by personman

Aha. I'm looking more into this. BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA....
    They obtained two cases for each man. So 10 cases overall. Because we did not make semifinals there was four cases left over. One case was given to the Alternate that did not get to play. And three cases are here waiting on practice. So that should be enough for them to practice one time.

Essentialy if you can hook up a good deal on paint and split it all between 6 people then you can play this for about $100 a man. Not counting food or travel expenses. Just paint and entry fee. Not a bad deal for a day of tournament play at all.

personman Guest

They obtained two cases for each man. BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA
    What kind of paint/where did you get your paint? Is it possible to get like a bulk rate for 10 cases?

Also, you diddnt answer my question
    How many games did they play? 10? 20? 30? 40? 50? 63?

Edit: haha I found the perfect paint.
    Team Apple's Official Paint!
    Last edited by personman; 02-29-2004 at 10:22 AM.

I thought this thread was to showcase Phils marker?

CAN WE GET A MOD IN HERE PLEASE!!!