Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Deadlywind hAir trigger demo video

Originally posted by AGD
    All right, I am going to throw some water on this fire.

So if we make this and there is a huge waiting list are you going to be upset?

Are you going to tell me "If you don't get it out now, no one it going to buy it"?

If the first batch has issues are you going to ask me what's taking so long?

How many of you are willing to overpay to get it right away and then we charge you to upgrade it with fixes later?

Will you compare it to your 'fill in the blank' electro and tell us your battery powered gizmo is still better?

When cheater boards are made legal the same way all the other cheats in paintball have evolved, will you dump this?

This is my reality, your comments?

AGD
    For me….
    I would not pay for anything along these lines that was not fully tested and works as it is suppose to.

I would also not be willing to overpay to get it right away.

I don’t use electronic markers, so no, I would never say my battery powered gizmo is still better.

When cheater boards are made legal I would not dump this.

Now… do I like it? Heck yes. Would I be willing to be a guinea pig and have one installed on my marker and test it as well as promote it at fields and events that I go to? Heck yes. But see my above comments.

Heck, I already push the RTPro every chance I get and show that without the LX or X-Valve it still kicks rear. This new trigger however pushes the envelope even farther.

But what confuses me is that I thought this thread was about what Deadly Wind was doing…. Not AGD.

*gasp* dont...care..about...price...dont...care...about.. .wait...just...care...about...getting...one...*die s*
    If I see one more "What happened to smart parts" thread, I will kill Adam Gardner. You have been warned.

In all honesty, I probably won't buy one... At least not immdediately. I like the way my mag is currently, SS Body, LX, ReTroVavle, ULT.. it's fine as-is. I am nowhere close to maxing out my mag's potential. My Impulse however, needs some sort of ACE so it doesn't kill itself, and that's where my money will go. Is my Impulse better than a 'mag with this upgrade? No. Will I talk this product up and make sure people know how great it is to have a 16bps mechanical gun that doesn't bounce, won't chop, and now has numerous body and ano options? Yes. I just won't be buying one because I don't need it.

-Riot

(Yes this is ::really:: ::really:: cool and I think it should be made, should sell a whole bunch if made Quality and Cheap. =) Also, if it will fit the Z-Grip I may further entertain the idea of buying one. )
    Insert Sig Pic Here
    Team Mint - 3man phenom.
    Rockin' The CrapPulse!
    Contact Team Mint

Impulse Status - Finished! - ... for the moment

holy hell thats sweet, good job nicad
    If they dont have paintball in heaven...I'm not going

"Bling Bling" and "ice"....225.50
    baby blue Southpole gear...348.39
    Timberlands................110.45
    Relizing your white.....PRICELESS

Joe: "Ya, I jus got a Palmer Female Stabalizer"
    Bob: "Really, I could use one of those"
    Joe: "Why, you dont play paintball"
    Bob: "No, I mean for my wife"

Re: See you then

Originally posted by tonybhall
    Hey LeAlan,

I will be there on Sunday most of the day for Phantom Regiment Practice. My 11yr old brother will be there too. I will see you then.

I just hope I have my rail back from logic by then or I will be playing with a spyder.
    Man I really need to make it down to meet you guys. What's an hour drive?

This trigger is exactly why I picked up a new RTP to play with. I can't wait to see it out and screw with the guys at my field.

Moorewatch

If you read this, thank a teacher.
    If you read this in English, thank a soldier.

Where the beer is deep. The forest is funny colored. Cloud nine is a thought away.
    Originally posted by AGD

Are you going to tell me "If you don't get it out now, no one it going to buy it"?

If the first batch has issues are you going to ask me what's taking so long?

How many of you are willing to overpay to get it right away and then we charge you to upgrade it with fixes later?

Will you compare it to your 'fill in the blank' electro and tell us your battery powered gizmo is still better?

When cheater boards are made legal the same way all the other cheats in paintball have evolved, will you dump this?

AGD
    Tom: You are incharge. I think you know the answer to many of those questions. Its obvious what you have gained by having us here at AO.

I would buy one. But until somthing is out there that works, I wont be selling my cocker. Thats not to sound snide or whatnot, I have owned a mag, warpfeed, and flatline. But to be honest, Im satisfied with the way my current set up shoots.

Instead of trying to have a factory upgrade perchance look the idea of DW making them, through a licensing agreement or somthing.

I dont recall ever seeing a beta release from many other companies(if some, not many). Is that a sign? Seems like the DW version is very well on its way. IMHO dont do a beta release. Release somthing you feel confident in.

Beta to me means "Heres our new idea, it works, but we're not 110% confident. Here you guys find the problems." Granted some problems can only be arised during normal use.

About comparing it to another electro marker. Isnt that the point of this whole thing? Thats important in determining value.

/end babble.
    AO #765
    CCM Series 5
    Prerelease Impulse
    Hyperframed Warped Mag w/flatline tank
    Feedback.

Good to know that somone of Tom's status seeks "relief" from a sport he helped create. A sport now ruled by a single patent.

First...GREAT WORK nicad! This trigger is awesome, and I would definately like to purchase one someday (if finances permit).

But, I'll expand on what Tom sort of hit on:
    I think we are seeing about the maximum rate of fire in the video, since most people probably max-out at about 15-16 walking. It may be able to shoot 20 bps, but the majority of people probably can't hit that without "help" (ie: cheater boards) of some type (If I'm wrong, let me know).

Now, I have no interest in a marker with a cheater board (OK, if I had unlimited funds, I might) but I don't play tournaments and even this is over-kill where I play. But, will people who think they have to hit 20+ bps be interested in this...such as the majority of tournament players and people that purchase on hype?

I LOVE it, but will this bring new people into the wonderful world of the 'Mag?

Wait

I think most of AO would wait to buy one as long as it is tested and working as said. I would be willing to wait, only because I have a few markers, two being mags(classic and X-Valve ULE'd). So while I wait I have other options to use while the wait is on. As far as being on a waiting list, I think most will as long as it is not a six month wait period. I think that is too long. Two months max seems more reasonable but that's me.

As far as the general paintball community, I don't think they will wait to get a marker. Impulse(not the marker) purchasing is a powerful marketing/behavior, if people have money, they will spend it and spend it now, I know I do.

D

kaye responds like he has something in the works .. hmmm.

get it right, get it right, and get it right. AGD is perfection, make it perfect. get a video of it up, demonstrate it's capabilites to everyone, not just here @ AO. Most of the guys here know your product is good. Bring it to a trade show and show the damn thing off.

I am in the market for a new gun around summer time (lookin to sell my emag and look at something new). Maybe this is my new toy or maybe a bushy is, who knows.

DO IT RIGHT

Originally posted by cphilip
    Ill prolly do all them things Tom. Or at least some of them.... but.... I will buy one. Maybe two.
    My thought exactly. Sign me up.

HOLY *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how this whole arrangement is, like how is AGD involved?

But, don't be afraid to beta test.

The LVL10 and ULT betas did very well.

Mags have got to have the most insane upgrade path now.

If and when it ever becomes available for beta, and I have the correct equipment for testing it...I will most definitely pay whatever I need to pay to be one of the first people to have it around here(aside from ChucktheMAGiain, who probably already has it).

You can count on that Mr. Kaye, Python14 is willing to pay and wait for AGD

Tom, alot of people probably wont pay an inflated price but people WILL pay if it is done right.

Look at how sucessful the L-10 was...

I for one am willing to miss a few more days of sleep for somthing that is tested and manufactured to good ol AGD standards.

Did you hear about the new european weapons contracts? France is going to make the wooden sticks Spain making the little white flags

I can't wait to get this everybody at the field will be like where’s the battery go
    I like pie!

I will so buy this as long as its not 500. Omg its so secks.

Price?

Date?

Need ULT?

Originally posted by AGD

Are you going to tell me "If you don't get it out now, no one is going to buy it"?

If the first batch has issues, are you going to ask me what's taking so long?

AGD
    1) Well, does a huge wait mean flawless performance? (if so, wait is OK)
    2) That may be the case, but I would disregard that. If it works, people will buy it.
    3) Yes, of course we're going to ask whats taking so long. Put up with the whining, we're still gonna buy it. We have to understand/put up with R&D and you have to understand/put up with human nature.
    4) Whoa whoa whoa... why would we overpay to get it sooner, and then pay more? Are you saying sooner, knowing its defective? Thats not very comforting. I'd pay a cheaper "as is" cost, and then gladly pay more should you refine it in the future.
    5)Sure, its unfair to compare apples and oranges. It probably will happen, but why is this a concern? A good product will stand on its own...no?
    6) I think there will always be a niche for Mechanical/really fast mechanical markers. I've got a backup mech cocker thats dying to be Ebladed, but I just wont do it... I've got a ULE retro I've threatened to sell a billion times too, that I just cant do.

Hope this helps, just trying to be honest.
    WE ARE DEADCELL, AND WE WILL RUN THROUGH YOU

Dayspring - "We've had Clare at Shatnerball." "I'm confident that she can take 20 guys."

"I'd trade my cocker for some steady pu**y"

ok, Ill make a tally of people who would and wouldent buy one, so far:
    Would buy one:49
    Wouldent buy one:3
    Depends on price:5
    Positive feedback: 100%

Heck, I think I would pay $1,000 for a hair trigger on a fully pimped mag. you know, ULE body, X-valve, intell trigger or Y or 90*, very asa with gas threw or reg ( like in the movie) Oh and a nice stock barrel.
    EviL-

Oh come Hither my Evil friends. Let us dance upon our MINION of pure EviL apon the sup air ball field. Let us give thanks for this EviL OMEN that the Lord AVATAR has given to us. Let us crawl apon this wicked earth, converting the people to our HEATHEN ways, let us PIMP them with our SCION. Let us be faithfull till Judgement day, when EviL shall finally RULE THE WORLD.

http://www.nazgulclan.com/ryouko/fridaynight3-1.wmv

http://www.greenshines.com/control/media/1078969315.wmv

hmm... TK or nicad, bring a hAir trigger modded mag to the Boys and Girls club game! I'd love to give it a spin.

As for my opinions on the matter:

I do not have a mag anymore but plan on getting another (miss my RTP too much). I would like to see this marketed. I have a feeling that the SP empire will have some strong competition. Now, I do not personally like buying on impulse. I would rather like to see it fully tested and free of possible problems before offered. AGD = quality. What kind of price range are we looking here? When I get myself another X-Pro, I'll be very interested in a hAir kit.

If this does become a reality, I WILL buy a mech Mag (that's not even close to a "maybe"). It's just about as close to perfection as a paintball gun can get. I think I would pay $300 at the most.
    Converge Kills

god. now i gotta figure how to add a sweet rtpX all ule and this to my collection with my empire timmy, grrrrrrrrrr, more $$$$$$$$$$$

I for one say that if you guys need time, take it. I would much rather pay for a product that has a AGD stamp of approval and quality.

also think about the children...i mean poor people.

I would wait and buy one for only one good reason. Were I live and play it is wet all the time. So I would want my mechanical mag to perform like an electro paint slinging gizmo with the AGD quality and performance, I for one, have come to respect from your mechanical markers.

I would rather wait than to have it released with problems. As long as the wait time is under 8-12 months. The wait time would also help me to save up for this upgrade.

Originally posted by AGD

1. So if we make this and there is a huge waiting list are you going to be upset?

2. Are you going to tell me "If you don't get it out now, no one is going to buy it"?

3. If the first batch has issues, are you going to ask me what's taking so long?

4. How many of you are willing to overpay to get it right away and then we charge you to upgrade it with fixes later?

5. Will you compare it to your 'fill in the blank' electro and tell us your battery powered gizmo is still better?

6. When cheater boards are made legal the same way all the other cheats in paintball have evolved, will you dump this?

7. This is my reality, your comments?

AGD
    1. Nope. I can be a patient person.
    2. Nope. I can be a patient person.
    3. Nope. I can be a patient person.

4. This bothers me. If I pay for it once, why should I have to pay for it again? Like the Super Bolt. You gave a credit to those who bought it when the LX came out. I'd be willing to pay a bit more, similar to the situation. But not a "We did it wrong the first time, sorry. Pay us and we'll fix it."

5. Eh, I'd have to see how it performs in comparison to the E/X-Mags I have. However, I am always up for an all mech tourny gun!

6. I'm confused on this. If cheater boards are made illegal, how will it affect this? This is all mech, right? How will the cheater board ban affect an all mech setup? (Unless this mechanically ramps the BPS...)

7. Is this the work of DeadlyWind and nicad or AGD? I am definitly interested if it is tournament legal! I would be willing to build myself a all-mech mag AND keep my two X-Mags!
    David M. Jones
    AO Member #1111 - Formerly davej946
    Member of Team AO, MGO 2003

Wildfire :: Division III X-Ball
    www.wildfirepaintball.com

Supported by:
    Wildfire Paintball
    Nelson Paintballs

he said when they make cheater boards legal/ if they do! Then the mod would be slower then those cheaters, but i still think its fast enough.
    Last edited by baka; 03-22-2004 at 08:55 PM.

wow thats sick... maybe ill resume building a mag.
    AO RULES!

i will buy one when they go on sale!!! some one get me a good deal so i can own a mag
    My Setup:

Blue 2k3 V/F Cocker14" JT 2-PeiceShocktech PneusDye 2X Trigger FrameNW 5" Spoon DropJAM BoltCenterFlag 68/4500

well im the idiot that posted on it below a minute ago because i didnt notice this thread. first reaction: OOOPPSS!! SORRY!
    well anywho, I think it would be killer to get a mag that could keep up fine with timmys and angels and such and not run on batteries. I would DEFINATELY buy a new mag (since I have a classic) because of this trigger.
    -Ryan F.