Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Action Village becoming like 888crappyservice?

My Action Village story:

Last year, I was building an Autococker and AV seemed to have most of the parts I wanted, so I placed about a $220 order with them. There were about 12 items in the order.

Turned out that a couple of the items were not in stock, but were expected to be so in a week. No big deal.

Three weeks later, those parts are in stock, but some of those that were in stock a month ago, are now out of stock. The explanation is that they will not ship an order until all the items are in stock, which seems to make sense. However, they do not set aside those parts that are in stock until the order ships. Now, that sets up a situation where your multi-part order may never ship as parts come in and out of stock.

So, I switched all of the parts that were out of stock to an alternative that was in stock and asked the phone operator to verify. Done, or so I thought. Apparently their stock system was so inaccurate at that time that many of those in stock alternates were actually out of stock.

No apologies were forthcoming at this point. Nobody in management offered to ship next day ship these parts, probably about 2lbs worth. In fact, they wanted to charge me shipping if I broke the order into smaller parts if the total fell below the $100 free shipping threshold.

On top of all of this, some of the parts that were shipped were not what I'd ordered.
    God gave you a soul.
    Your parents, a body.
    Your country, a rifle.

Keep all of them clean.

I want to know why are so many shops not sending items off to Guam. I dont mind paying a little more for shipping, but 888 wanted to charge me $75 for a 4 lb order. That seems just way over the top. And now I am hearing that other stores are stopping the orders to Guam as well.
    I am a declared Carb lover.

Member and president of the Anti-Atkins Group.

Advocate for the promotion of Rice, the truest sticky icky.

on the contrary i do belive my local shop is out to jack me
    $75 for a shocktech supa' fly bolt for a cocker

$50 for a drop without an asa.

[21:00] < FunkTehChillinMunky > I've got a Warped Sportz Dark Talon

Quote Originally Posted by skife
    on the contrary i do belive my local shop is out to jack me
    $75 for a shocktech supa' fly bolt for a cocker

$50 for a drop without an asa.
    Hehe, yeah. The local shops are all unreasonable - well, except the I&I shop I found recently. I've been ordering everything because, although I want to support a local shop - I don't want to that badly, and pay too much.

The only reason shops charge a lot is because they can....paintball isnt big enough for there to be multiple stores in every town therefore its a monopoly (in most cases). Online is the way to go...I think paintballgear.com has great service...so ya they have probably 100k orders per day (i d k u get my point a lot). So they screw up once or twice big deal, its worth it to save probably 50%. Thats my 2cents.

My Ebay Feedback

My AO Feedback

My BKO
    04 bko
    Dye Ultralight
    03 Dye Stickies

The Action Village Sucky Saga Continues!

Ordered a JT slacker hat cuase only place I could find it. First I was sent an empire hat, then some other grey and yellow sh*t hat. Called em and vented, being refunded so pretty much thanks for wasting my fricken time AV ..

They are 1/3 for me.... Dunno how anyone manages to get 12 good orders from them.

I'm starting to talk to my local shops more often, these guys are cutting me a break on paint, I'm getting it cheaper then online stores sell it

Support your Pro-Shop... just don't let them tech your guns
    My Feedback
    UBLPB. UBLPB. UBLPB.

I haven't had a problem with AV... if I multi-part order and some aren't in stock, I'll just have them cancel those items and ship the rest. I can't expect them to hold part of the order and wait until the rest come in... it just isn't going to happen with a large business.

I have never had any problems with 888paintball, or action village, they have always gotten my orders right, sometimes, they send me stuff, that I didnt order . I guess I am just one of the lucky ones, havent had a problem with them.