Thread: A moment of Clarity

Zephyrhills, Floreeduh (emphasis on the "duh")

A moment of Clarity

"Call him out ref." I said, pointing my sniper at Targets back, having swept his team from thier left side.

"Your gone." the ref said half heartedly to the player. But he didn't move. I had his whole back as he stood before me shooting at my team from around a large spool. He must not have heard him I thought.

"HEY HEY HEY!" I yelled. Target turned, His marker pointed away from me, a questioning look in his eyes as he wondered what was happening-His brain and adrenaline not yet up to speed with the situation.

"Bang." was my reply to that look. His eyes widened, then narrowed as he looked down the barrel from which I was looking over at him.

I was ready, more than the required 10 feet away and 1 pound on my 3 pound trigger, roller sear sliding ever so slightly back, my barrel pointed steady at his center mass.

I think thats when time changed for Target and me, my 2 or 3 seconds were like 20 minutes to him. A moment of clarity for me. Nothing but him and me, eyes locked, waiting for IT. No other thought or sensation. No world. Nothing but Target and me.

He lowered his marker slightly, an inch or so. Those narrow eyes widened to action stations as he lowered his head towards his gun.

"Whats the word buddy!?"

"Surrender?" The player said. The narrow eyes wide again.

My reply was to lower my piece, clear the chamber and slide on my barrel sock as the ref called game over.

And to think, I wasn't even going to play today.

Florida peeps...step up!!
    My Feedback
    "They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose."
    -Rudyard Kipling: The Sons of Martha
    "To understand the Automag, you have to think like an air molecule."
    -Sparky Melber

you know? I really enjoyed that!
    Bolter
    Storm Uk

thans Bolter!

based on a true story.

Very Cussler-esq

I like it

thanks big!

how's my old pump mag treating you?

i think its more fun to 'rambo' them rather than make them surrender... especially after a REALLY FUNNY STORY surrounding the quote "freeze"

theres 2 people involved, one guy with an angel at the 50, and a kid with an a5 that comes running up to him

the guy with the angel is just sitting there filling his hopper with a pod, when the kid runs up with his a5 pointed at him, and yells "FREEZE!", guy snaps the hopper shut and raises the gun and rips a nice string into his mask

kid was *****ing and moaning for the rest of the day - even though theres nothing in the rules that forces you to surrender on the quote of "Freeze!"

it just so happens that the kid was the same one who got kicked out a few games later for not having his barrel sock on when he left the field, and had the gun un-socked for a full minute until he was able to slide it over his A5's flatline barrel... *sigh* ...newbies
    Proud Member Of The AO Cesspool Since 08-24-2002

Nice story, but I would have lit him up after he turned!!!

and a happy ending too!! I was afraid it might turn go tward some cheap cheating punk move. You tell a great story! I would love to hear more like that, real or fabricated!

10/10!

Quote Originally Posted by Z-man
    some cheap ... punk move.
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyhacker420
    guy snaps the hopper shut and raises the gun and rips a nice string into his mask

Good story man. Better than me. Last time I had something like that I tore em up when they turned. I also aimed low.

thanks guys! your feedback is greatly appreciated.

true story, happened yesterday afternoon. i just purteed it up a little

every once in awhile the muse strikes me.

Quote Originally Posted by vf-xx

Good story man. Better than me. Last time I had something like that I tore em up when they turned. I also aimed low.
    lol... best part about it was that he actually took his barrel sock out of his pocket as if he was gonna call himself out, but the kid got a little surprize in the neck, mask, and head (LOL i love this smiley!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyhacker420
    i think its more fun to 'rambo' them rather than make them surrender... especially after a REALLY FUNNY STORY surrounding the quote "freeze"

theres 2 people involved, one guy with an angel at the 50, and a kid with an a5 that comes running up to him

the guy with the angel is just sitting there filling his hopper with a pod, when the kid runs up with his a5 pointed at him, and yells "FREEZE!", guy snaps the hopper shut and raises the gun and rips a nice string into his mask

kid was *****ing and moaning for the rest of the day - even though theres nothing in the rules that forces you to surrender on the quote of "Freeze!"

it just so happens that the kid was the same one who got kicked out a few games later for not having his barrel sock on when he left the field, and had the gun un-socked for a full minute until he was able to slide it over his A5's flatline barrel... *sigh* ...newbies

kid did the same thing to me. i was in the back center stand up, he comes around and hollers surrendor, i look at him wierd and shoot him in the stomach. "wtf are you doing trying to surender me?"

"woops i thought you were one of the rec ball kids that are out here."

it was funny, guess you had to be there
    www.theangelguy.com for all your angel needs
    BEER HELPING WHITE PEOPLE DANCE SINCE 1841
    BEER HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 1841
    PARTY TILL SHES PRETTY
    BEAUTY IS ONLY A LIGHT SWITCH AWAY
    SAVE A TREE EAT A BEAVER
    REMEMBER FAT UGLY GIRLS HAVE HOTT FRIENDS
    nitro duck for sale

nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu bat man