Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SYDARMS: You want it, now get it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by P8ntBallBoom
    ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^
    I'm confused... What was stupid about what I said?

I love it..

I remember seeing TK use one on the 'mag video...The one where VL just put out the agitated hopper, AGD just made the Flatline..What was it...'92?

But yeah...Its steep, but its guaranteed to be QUALITY...

Look at the people buying the DYE Cartiers...700...

Minimag
    I-frame
    12V Revy
    JJ Ceramic
    P.B. Bullet Drop
    48/3K

Land of the silent mag majority Spokane Washington.
    Had to make a choice today when Army Dave orderd me my Ule custom..... He got a sydarm.. ... I'D let people whoop me with a bamboo cane (+ 50 whacks ) for one. Someone mentioned that scenereo players have a thing for pistols. Yep they do. AGD take notice we want these. Maybe a redesign is in order with a aluminum body & removable clips , make it a body kit in the RT Custom Ule sales page. I would buy one right now if all my money hadnt just gone twords my ULE & I will buy one in the future if there is some type of sydarm type marker. I play indoors & this would turn into my primary indoor gun. I am sure that you have probably already thought about it but think on it some more please Think of us children

Edit: whoa this was a response to someone in the first page, had no clue this had 3 pages in it

-I WANT A SYDARM! too bad i can't come up with $500 fast enough

Southeastern Wisconsin....Automag Country
    Taken from Palmer's website:

""Squall" 12 Gram & 10 rnd Spring Fed

8" barrel, Fast Change, PMI Rubber grips.

It's a holster able Typhoon.
    643.00"

The Sydarm is not the most expensive pistol out there.

SMOKE...HE'S COMING FOR YOU....

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    Taken from Palmer's website:

""Squall" 12 Gram & 10 rnd Spring Fed

8" barrel, Fast Change, PMI Rubber grips.

It's a holster able Typhoon.
    643.00"

The Sydarm is not the most expensive pistol out there.
    You are right...but the Squall actually works on CO2

Hmm... I guess I will have to order one on sat... I have been waiting for a while you know... like umm 2 years... https://www.automags.org/forums/showt...195#post356195 Thanks guys

Well....the fact that they are polished even more diminishes the few Polished ones that were out there. We only seen like maybe four or five polished ones prior to this, making them extremely sought after. But now.... this pretty much trashes that.

That's the problem with "collectables". Never spend more money on something than what you're willing to lose! Just becuase something is "worth" X-amount today doesn't mean it will be worth anything tomorrow...

BTW, I can't wait for my Sydarm to get here, I'm wanted one since I say saw them on the video in 1992...
    Paul La Rue

Man I would like to see that video.
    If God was a fly would you kill it.

Sydarm profile comparison to other pistols...

from:http://www.paintmagazine.com/cgi-bin...d=14932&page=2

If there really is a Boondocks, USA, I've found it.
    Bob the cow, nothing was dumb about what you said. I just find it funny that the other people didnt read the description and I'm glad you pointed that out.

The ShadowMag
    Automag RT Black
    Intelliframe
    AGD 68/3k Flatline
    Kapp Drop Zone 3
    Proconnect
    12v Revvy
    Warp w/ 12v mod, LED, and on/off switch
    Dye Boomstick

**Edit** I just have to agree with Muzikman.... Its a shame isn't it bud **Edit**

**2nd Edit** Notice my SIG. **2nd Edit**
    Want a gun? I probably have what you want or I can build it for you. Just name it, everything is possible.

AIM: ClassicMagger
    MSN Messenger: ClassicMagger@hotmail.com
    E-Mail: ClassicMagger@hotmail.com

My Feedback

whats that red pistol?

"Thats 95 inches of PURE FRICKING DEATH!"

tjmpaintball06: It is a PGP with a Cooper T imp kit on it. It makes a PGP an open bolt semi auto. I may be mistaken but I am pretty sure that is what it is.

-ClassicMagger

Quote Originally Posted by Paul La Rue
    That's the problem with "collectables". Never spend more money on something than what you're willing to lose! Just becuase something is "worth" X-amount today doesn't mean it will be worth anything tomorrow...

BTW, I can't wait for my Sydarm to get here, I'm wanted one since I say saw them on the video in 1992...
    Well, that might be true to a point, but, very few "rare" collectables don't lose value because the company decides to produce more and release them to the public.

This would be like Tops re-releasing a Bobby Orr rookie card without making any real changes to it. So close to the original that you can not tell the difference. Which is what happens with the Sydarm. The only thing changes is the rail, but how hard is it to get a stock AM/MM rail.

I take it that all these people that already have sydarms are all police & or military training personel ???? I couldnt even get one when I was in the USMC reserves & I belonged to a AGD sponsored team back in the early to mid 90's !!! I dont personally care about "collecting" markers but I would rather use a quality product made by AGD rather than a 32° PT extreme pos, or worse yet a Zues. In truth I hope they make a bunch of pistol style markers they might turn a profit on them. Rock on AGD

anyone know where I can find a left-handed holster for one of these (sometimes it sucks being left-handed)?

Quote Originally Posted by krusty
    I take it that all these people that already have sydarms are all police & or military training personel ???? I couldnt even get one when I was in the USMC reserves & I belonged to a AGD sponsored team back in the early to mid 90's !!! I dont personally care about "collecting" markers but I would rather use a quality product made by AGD rather than a 32° PT extreme pos, or worse yet a Zues. In truth I hope they make a bunch of pistol style markers they might turn a profit on them. Rock on AGD
    Well, have you actually used a Sydarm? If so, you woul know that they are not all that great. If you rapid fire even five shots, the reg and 12 gram freezes to the point that you can't get off a 6th shot. Typically they shoot at about 250fps (though I have gotten mine up to 275). As a sidearm, they are not as great as people think.

I find the thing quite funny myself.

I'm curious if anyone can compare Sydarm sales against Tac-One sales.
    "Accuracy by aiming."

Definitely not on the A-Team.

No I havent, thats kind of the point. I might now get a chance. I have shot pt extremes & zues's & wasnt impressed soft metal / faulty valves ,puncturing a CO2 & have it gas out down the barrel without getting off a shot . Didnt instill a very good opinion. 240 is the average indoor speed around here so it will not be a problem. personally I usually dont shoot over 280/285 outdoors . I am still sold on the sydarm knowing that they dont get many shots off a 12 gram & freeze up (I generally use the three shot rule) etc. If I can get the money up in time.

They should bring back those old mask in ther online museum I'd get me one of those.
    [img]http://www.airgun.com/museum/casepics/jpg/small%20jpg/PMI_Faceshield_case1.jpg[img] http://www.airgun.com/museum/faceshield.htm

Just ordered mine!

In the past I've owned a PT Xtreme and Delta .68, and they were both CRAP. I'm definitely looking forward to the AGD engineered pistol. Hurry the hell up UPS!

Is there a disclaimer about no warranty on these? There was with every other Sydarm that was previously allowed out....

Mine came with a warranty registration card with the serial number on it, so Im guessing not. Not that I mind
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

When I purchased mine there was no disclaimer at any point on AGD's e-store, so of course it must be under warranty. I'm gonna be pissed if there's no warranty...

For one thing, I'm not a collector, I'm a player. My old model gets paint shot through it at least once a month. I don't care about mine being devalued because it still shoots just fine. And I figure it's worth it for the cred it will buy AGD from hardcore rec players. The scenario/big game community has been bugging AGD about these puppies forever, just like we'd bugged all the companies to offer offset sight rails for center feed guns. This is just another sign that Tom's listening. Will you see them in an X-ball match? Hell no, although it'd be a fun game to watch. But you will see them at big rec games and now, probably on the occasional sup-air field (very nice flag-runner or snake player's gun).

As for all the people saying it's too expensive, this is a high quality semi pistol. The people who will buy it are people who have money and are hardcore scenario/big gamers or people who just think they're cool. If you're a big time tourney player, you get some expensive electro with a board that ramps your ROF, if you want a good pistol, you get a Sydarm. They're not for everybody, but there are buyers out there. Want to start a pool on how long it takes to sell this run out? I'll buy all the 'really quick' squares and let you have 'never' for free.

As for Muz and the other people talking about how bad it performs, I've never had any of the problems you've mentioned. Mine will shoot the clip on a 12g rapid firing and still put out a few bloopers after that. Not much different than the PTX I used to have. But if you shoot it like a SC pump and don't do much more than double-taps, you can get 2-3 clips, which beats the anything but the Squall any day. Velocity wise, mine will go a bit over 300. I'm not going to say it's perfect. The 12g changer is anything but quick, and the spring feed mashes balls if you leave it on when it's hot out, but it's one of the best out there at what it does. I haven't tried a Squall, so I can't compare them, but the fact is, they're the only other gun in the 'quality pistol' niche.

I'm just hoping it sells well enough for Tom to consider a ULE version. And maybe doing a complete pump kit too.

Muahahaha

Sydarms are sold with our usual limited 90-day warranty, and there is always a 90-day warranty on repairs. As far as I know, the star program is not applicable to this product.

Regarding left-handed holsters, I will doublecheck to see if we'll be getting any more of these in stock.

As far as collectibles go - this is a very limited run and there are definite differences between the original Sydarm and the current one. For one thing the original Sydarm was made with the Automag rail which is no longer available.

Finally, as far as velocity goes - the Sydarm was designed for police training purposes and not for paintball competition. The velocity is regulated down accordingly. Don't knock the product for not doing something it was never intended to do.

Dragon Lady

Quote Originally Posted by AGD-OfficeGal
    Don't knock the product for not doing something it was never intended to do.

Dragon Lady
    OOOOhhhhh! Now you done gone and made her mad!

You tell'em Office gal!

The gun is 1/8" of a game that is a FOOT long!
    (...but a 'mag helps)
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die...the in between is mine. -Eddie Vedder
    Sinister Sainthood