Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SYDARMS: You want it, now get it!!!

dragon lady

DRAGON LADY BLOWING FIRE!~!!! go dragon lady!
    A Sanchez Machine Distributor
    Ask me about my US Armed Forces, Law Enforcement and Fire Department Discount
    PBN Feedback
    AO feedback
    EBAY feedback

Got my 2 Sydarms today...
    Trina----->
    Doobie--->

Heheheh!

Thumbs up holster

For high quality holsters (including left handed models) go to:

http://www.cops911.com/

They make a great product and I have used it for well over a year.

ummm...how many sydarms are left?

As of 8:30 Pacific Standard Time there are 11 left and they are waiting on the next batch of 100 to complete the 200 order.

Got mine today

First impression: QC went to lunch when this body was inspected or AGD is cleaning out their blem inventory. It would of been better to blast finnish it to hide the uglys.

-There is what I would call vice marks on both sides of the body
    -Grinder marks on the top tube just aft of where the balls drop down
    -The tool to cut or de-bur the slot for the ball tensioner slipped and skipped down the side
    -I saw it in the pic in the store but there is no rear sight but there is a front
    -The Tac rail is just different, as in the finish matches nothing else you could buy

Took it out back and let my kids pop off a dozen 12g and it shoots just as well as any other mag on CO2.

Back about 5 or 6 years ago, I used to carry two of these onto a field in a Chuck Norris "Delta Force" shoulder rig like he used for Micro-Uzi's......they were not exactly accurate shooting them that way but it was rather cool looking. However, since I always played with Jeremy from Jackal Machine, he was great at providing support fire if need be....and it usually was.

ERut Guest
    Man, considering these are a limited time offer, I'm almost tmepted to buy one and sell it in six months. I bet I could make a tidy profit!

Magglerock Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ERut
    Man, considering these are a limited time offer, I'm almost tmepted to buy one and sell it in six months. I bet I could make a tidy profit!
    I'll bet you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Magglerock
    I'll bet you won't.
    Bet he won't buy one, sell it, or make a tidy profit on it?

B.

Magglerock Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Arawn
    Bet he won't buy one, sell it, or make a tidy profit on it?

B.

All of the above. These things are paintball guns, not Renoirs. Your market is incredibaly small; its not like you can just throw it up on Ebay and have 100 bids. And now that they are making more, they will depreciate ever quicker. If you're hardcore AGD cultist and must have a side arm made by AGD (why you would want ANY side arm is hard to understand), then go ahead and buy one. But there are several sidearms out there in the same price range that perform much better, and several that are cheaper that perform just as well. You read what the office lady said; these things are de-tuned and not meant for the rigors or velocities of paintball.

A word about investments. An investment is only as good as the other investments you could have made. If you bought a sydarm five years ago for $500 and sold it yesterday for $550, you made a profit of under 10% (factoring inflation). Had you invested that $500 in you basic mixed bond or mixed fund, your return on that investment over the same period would have been roughly 35-40%. Like comic books, baseball cards, and other adult toys, buy them because you enjoy USING them, not because you think you're going to make money off of them. In most cases you won't, and even if you do, if your intent was to make money, you could have been doing many other things with that money that would have made you multiples of that profit. Paintball guns arn't investment vehicles.
    Last edited by Magglerock; 07-10-2004 at 12:24 PM.

Actually, I saw a sydarm that sold (with a few extras like a cops911 holster and some 10 round tubes) for a little under 700. Not everyone knows about the new release. Also, while not everyone will appreciate a sydarm, or any sidearm, there are people who do, and there apparently is a nice little "cult following" for them if you consistently see them being sold in the 500-600 dollar range. Also, for a pistol that costs over $400, selling almost a hundred in its first week (let alone the first weekend) of release is quite a feat.

That example aside, I'm still in agreement with the folks who state that buying a paintball gun as an "investment" against future resale is generally not the most prudent of courses.
    You buy a book because you will enjoy reading it.
    Buy a marker because you'll enjoy shooting it.

Later,
    B.

Just got mine today!

ERut Guest
    At the beginning of the thread, people were complaining about buying a sydarm used for more than $425. Since this is a limited offer, and since I'm betting most of the people who just bought one aren't planning on selling it any time soon, I don't think there should be much of a drop in resale value.

Ive missed the UPS guy twice now. You leave for 10 minutes and then they show up! Guess I'll just drive up there and pick up my Sydarm myself tomorrow.
    Play with honor!

Thumbs up

Finally got my mits on my Sydarm!!! Put my green wood grips on it and is looking sweet. Cant wait to shot it at someone Sunday.

Granted this may be little off topic, but does anyone know where I could get the spring the sydarms use to push the balls into the chamber?
    "This is bat country!"
    "I eated the purple berries and they tasted like burning."

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_easton
    $425 for an eight shot pistol?

Absolutely ridiculous price. I didn't even believe the number the first time I read it.
    I agree, with AGD actually lowering the prices on their guns to affordable prices (I love my RT custom), there is no reason for the pistol to be more than the RT. Lower the price to a reasonable price and I would scoop one up in a second. Say around $300 would be my limit.
    www.flurryindustries.com

http://www.geocities.com/interceptor911/frontpage.html?1055821493343

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor
    I agree, with AGD actually lowering the prices on their guns to affordable prices (I love my RT custom), there is no reason for the pistol to be more than the RT. Lower the price to a reasonable price and I would scoop one up in a second. Say around $300 would be my limit.

Yeh.. cause they didnt sell these fast enough they should lower the price

It was not nice when I said it... but sometimes saying something straightforward gets your idea across better sorry
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. Its not" - Dr Suess

Magglerock Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohman446
    Yeh.. cause they didnt sell these fast enough they should lower the price

What you are witnessing is a "first adaptor" phenomena. There is small group of folks who would buy the sydarm at anyprice. That group is small, and though demand may be out pacing supply when you only put 100 markers on the market, supply would far exceed demand if you put 1000. I have a very hard time believing they could sell 1000 of these thing at this price. So yes, they are selling quickly, but to a very small market. Was they properly satiated the demand of that small market, they would have a very hard time selling this markers at this price. They just arn't functional enough or practical enough to demand that price from someone who is not a die-hard AGD/AOer. They would probably sell quite a few in the $250-300 price range. Then again, since there are several major operating draw-backs, maybe not. How much is an Enforcer? $120? And it performs better. So maybe a $200 price point may move a large quantitiy.

I think the point is that they cost too much too produce to sell them at a $200 price point. And beyond that group you mentioned that are willing to put down $400+ (myself included) the market is limited, and therefore no more Sydarms will be made.

Those "collectors" amongst you who are bitter that AGD is actually trying to earn a few bucks off this and are bitter about it need to grow up.

Anyhoo, I'm having fun with my Sydarm, even if it doesn't perform like my tricked out RT Custom. It's a sidearm, a show piece, a lazy sunday shooting-beer-cans-in-the-backyard kinda thing. If you can't afford one, then just buy your PT Xtreme or Enforcer already and stop moaning.

I don't think anyone is bitter about it. I'm doing quite well with out one. And I think that the fact that AGD could almost cut in half the price of their regular guns means they could make it more reasonible and still make money. If I hit the lotto, I'll get one. Until then, I'll look for a good PGP.

I would love to pick one up, but I agree the asking price is WAY too high. I for one think that the X valve and level 10 is overkill for a spring-loaded pistol.

$250 is about the right price in my mind. If AGD would sell sydarm body kits, people could use their old classic valves, rails and pistol frames. A by-product of these kits would be a boost to the resale values to people selling their old classic mags.

Can you even use the basic mag valve in a sydarm? From the looks of them , their air line is internally incorperated in the body, and thus no protruding hoses. However if such a body kit was offered I would also love to pick it up.

Cool

The Sydarm valve is smaller around then the 68 classic or x-valve. Either of these valves will not fit in a Sydarm body. I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by veteranmag
    I would love to pick one up, but I agree the asking price is WAY too high. I for one think that the X valve and level 10 is overkill for a spring-loaded pistol.

$250 is about the right price in my mind. If AGD would sell sydarm body kits, people could use their old classic valves, rails and pistol frames. A by-product of these kits would be a boost to the resale values to people selling their old classic mags.

They don't have Level 10 or Xvalves. The Sydarm is totally independant of other valves, and its parts are smaller than any other AGD valve. No other valves will work, and I don't think any of the spare parts are interchangable.

How much smaller is the sydarm's valve and reg? Is it so significant that there's a totally different bolt, or are we talking like a hundred thousanths or so?

laksjdhflaskjdhfaksjdfhjwscnmlkjdfkmv I WANT ONE!

stupid out of stock smdc s,s,cmvnzdj,c

Quote Originally Posted by syko2102
    How much smaller is the sydarm's valve and reg? Is it so significant that there's a totally different bolt, or are we talking like a hundred thousanths or so?
    The valve internals are pretty much the same as a classic, the on-off, and reg section are exactly the same. The powertube assembly is most the same, but it has extra metal intenionally restricting the flow, which I recall, prevent the LX from working or fitting. That bit can be drilled out.

The major differences are on the outside, the whole valve is 1/8 of inch smaller all the way round, until the reg section, since it fits inside the body farther up.

You possiblelly could make a classic or retro valve fit in a sydarm. it would be a lot of work, and some welding of stainless steel. But it could be done. You might even be able to do it without welding. All you'd have to do would be turn the outside of the valve down an 1/8" and plug the airsource hole, and drill and new one, and lathe in some o-ring grooves. It probally isn't worth it, and it's not something you could do at home without some serious machines.

You can also make a washing machine fly if you have a big enough engine.
    Shaun Nelson --- old, fat, slow.... did I mention lazy? I ate all the pies
    I disable .signatures Apparently you do not.