Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max Flow tank possible rocket

Maybe I shouldn't have loctited it, I was nervous at the time

I had a cylinder unscrewing from a regulator with 4000psi behind it... I was a little cautious

Plus Blue-loctite is not as bad as Red-loctite, It should come off fairly easily...
    My Feedback
    UBLPB. UBLPB. UBLPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazestorm
    Plus Blue-loctite is not as bad as Red-loctite, It should come off fairly easily...
    Actually, it's not so much the Loctite itself that's the problem... it's the chemicals in the carrier, they will damage aluminum.

sixx
    Henry
    Storm: Naughty
    Paint Storm - Empire - Evil

I also work for a scuba shop, and I agree with Butters... So I have no desire to flog an old horse on this subject.

Let me just add this summary, every maufacturer is different, they either build in an extra margin of safety by adding loctite, or not. It's neither good nor bad, just different. I think if you feel the need to put loctite on your tank, so be it... just dont bring the damn thing to me and expect me not to have an issue when taking off the bottle for hydro. Most of the damage associated with regs and bottles when having a hydro done is due to loctite. If you REALLY need loctite, please use blue, and help the guy doing the hydro out..

Stop making me feel stupid

The threads are very long on HPA regs. Also, every one I've seen had a bleed hole so if you were not paying attention and managed to turn it about 10 times, pressure would bleed from the relief hole as a warning. BTW, 2 of the 3 HPA system I use have the tanks on finger tight; they are also adjustable systems to unscrewing one is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by G3PB
    The threads are very long on HPA regs. Also, every one I've seen had a bleed hole so if you were not paying attention and managed to turn it about 10 times, pressure would bleed from the relief hole as a warning. BTW, 2 of the 3 HPA system I use have the tanks on finger tight; they are also adjustable systems to unscrewing one is not an issue.
    Agreed though some are longer than others. Air America seemed to have taken saftey to an extreme it took me forever to unscrew the tank from the reg. The threads are over 2 inches long! And Stainless steel to boot! The tank would have vented WAY before I could have unscrewed the reg.

Other systems dont have regs that are that long some systems only have about 1 inch of thread.

There should be some kind of standard on tank threads when dealing with high pressure air.

If PMI used 2 inch threads on thier co2 bottles I suspect that those accidents would not have happened.
    Did you hear about the new european weapons contracts? France is going to make the wooden sticks Spain making the little white flags