Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 4.0 software

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by VR4SL
    You and I are certainly on different pages with this topic. How can there POSSIBLY be a safety issue with this??? it cant do anything more than you can do by yourself- in fact much less. its not like then gun will shoot itself, you would have to Pull and hold the trigger for over 1 sec just for it to complete to two chrono shots. It is not like rapid firing this mode will accomplish anything out of the ordinary, or the gun will shoot itself, etc. I am very curious to see why you think there is a safety issue with this, I just cant figure out where you are coming from.
    Simple, if the gun is dropped or goes haywire, its going to shoot, and keep shooting. With Semi only there is far less chance of this happening. And if it does it would more than likely be only one shoot.

It doesn't matter if its 1bps-20bps, there is a risk.

Hills
    NVE-mag
    Certified Airgun Tech.

Quote Originally Posted by ah137
    Simple, if the gun is dropped or goes haywire, its going to shoot, and keep shooting. With Semi only there is far less chance of this happening. And if it does it would more than likely be only one shoot.

Hills
    Dude, if it is YOUR GUN NOW in SEMI and it is dropped or goes haywire- it is going to ALSO SHOOT. How is this any different? And again, where are you coming up with the fact it is going to KEEP SHOOTING? I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT F/A HERE GUYS- where are you getting this from?!?! The MAX it COULD shoot would be TWO BALLS- and thats only if the trigger remained pressed for over a second. dropping it isnt going to do that. And what about your barrel plug? safety? why would the marker be in chrono mode anyway while you are toting it around? Hmm... the E-mag used to have shot-bursts anyway, and you are telling me this is worse? There are still boards around with that software. A BPS that is so low its rediculous, have to hold the trigger, and 2 Ball Max... yeah, sounds really dangerous to me.

Ugh, I give up- you guys win. If you want to overcomplicate everything, be my guest. People like you guys are the reason nothing ever happens in business- you think too much.
    Black-to-Red Fade Dust CNC X-Mag VV04947

You know machining a classic rt valve to except the ule trigger kit voids the warranty. If say,"the 4.2 voids my warranty...void it".

After all it's 26bps max vs the 3.2's 20 bps max. correct? The 4.2 gives us some added features, like everybody else has. correct? There is no full auto. correct? How then can you go to a tourny with a marker that is claimed 30+ bps and play? While we MAG-niacs are told, we are not going to bump everyone up to the next level cause of the "rules" and "lawsuits" For modifying existing products! My A$$, it's all about the O'mighty dollar and that isn't pofitable enough to do for us past loyal costumers with discontinued markers!!

Quote Originally Posted by ah137

Hills
    Yup, you got it. Pretty simple eh. Accidental discharge with semi = 1 shot. Accidental discharge with 1-2bps FA = barrel sock/plug shot off, then it fires another shot.

You can think of a number of things that could happen. Sure, some are not too likely (in the individual case) - but tell that to the person who gets an eye shot out by a convenience feature that did not need to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by VR4SL
    you think too much.
    Damn skippy. I will think too much every time when it comes to safety. This is a damn game - there is nothing about it worth having a potential safety problem - even if it is remote.

You know guys. I hear alot of stuff this guy has 4.0, this guy is working with 4.0, and that guy has perfected 4. whatever. All I have to say, and don't take this wrong, is enough with the teasing. It's like high school all over again. I want it, where can I flash it, who do I have to shoot to get it? It rips, it's wicked, it's sick. Well I want to know first hand. I don't care if it voids my warrenty, and if you don't practice safe play you shouldn't play. So that being said and my venting over. Miscue, someone please help us

There is no teasing, there is not secrecy and its been posted many times over exactly where AGD stands on the issue, why its not out for public release, who made it, what they made it in, whey they still are working on it and what the reasons are. It's all here right on this forum under EVERYONE's nose!

Now see if this was posted on one of the many other threads in the paintball talk section I would point this out but you are asking these questions in the VERY THREAD that all the answers are in. Miscue himself has answered and repeatedly answered everything you are asking over the last 4 pages here. Go back and read it! It's right here!

Still Want It!!!!

Well I agree the same questions are coming up again and again, I too disagree that the safety argument holds little weight, but that is my opinion. I too want to "void" my warranty and get my X-Mag flashed to the 4.2.

Two Questions that have gone unanswered by Miscue:

What will it take to get 4.2, do we all have to start emailing AGD to make them start flashing markers?

I saw a E-Mag on eBay that claims it had 4.2, could this be true?

View it here: 4.2 E-Mag

Thanks Again...

Also if you are new to this thread please go back and read all the posts before posting.

Why can't you guys get it through your heads?!?!

You will not get 4.0 or 4.2. It is not endorsed or distributed by AGD. No one will flash your boards. Those with 4.0 should not sell their guns (even if they have no Full-Auto issues), because the potential for Full-Auto is present. This is a safety hazard.

Quit asking. 3.2 is it. Deal with it.

Oh, yeah...

Read the damn thread!

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." --Henry Louis Mencken.

Quote Originally Posted by REDRT
    While we MAG-niacs are told, we are not going to bump everyone up to the next level cause of the "rules" and "lawsuits" For modifying existing products! My A$$, it's all about the O'mighty dollar and that isn't pofitable enough to do for us past loyal costumers with discontinued markers!!
    You, my friend, are an idiot. Maybe you should pull your head out of your rectal cavity long enough to sell of everything AGD-related that you own, then head on over to PBN.

Quote Originally Posted by eadtf
    Well I agree the same questions are coming up again and again, I too disagree that the safety argument holds little weight, but that is my opinion. I too want to "void" my warranty and get my X-Mag flashed to the 4.2.

Two Questions that have gone unanswered by Miscue:

What will it take to get 4.2, do we all have to start emailing AGD to make them start flashing markers?

I saw a E-Mag on eBay that claims it had 4.2, could this be true?

View it here: 4.2 E-Mag

Thanks Again...

Also if you are new to this thread please go back and read all the posts before posting.
    Beautiful. I do not know how it can be possible for that to have 4.2. The only ones with the ability to flash that are Tom Kaye, myself, Kayle, Rob, and Jason (Tato). If one of them has been distributing it, then it's a breech of trust issue- but I doubt that has happened.

I just made the thing like a couple weeks ago - how could some guy in Georgia have it??? I hope they are lying, or it raises questtions. This stuff is beginning to piss me off more than it did.

Safety argument has little weight???? I wrote the freakin thing, what makes you think I don't understand the situation better than you? You have no idea what is going on.

I'm taking a break from AO - I do not know how long or permanent it will be. I'm going to need to re-evaluate once again why I'm even involved in paintball. There's just endless... endless crap.
    Last edited by Miscue; 10-03-2004 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miscue
    Safety argument has little weight???? I wrote the freakin thing, what makes you think I don't understand the situation better than you? You have no idea what is going on.

I'm taking a break from AO - I do not know how long or permanent it will be. I'm going to need to re-evaluate once again why I'm even involved in paintball. There's just endless... endless crap.
    As I stated in a previous post:
    Quote Originally Posted by eadtf
    Lawsuits, probably not!

The electronics cannot make the marker do something that it mechanically is not capable of doing. Example, the worse program in the world cannot make the Air Tank explode. It cannot make the bolt start shooting bullets instead of paintballs. It cannot adjust the pressure released on the ball so that the ball is shooting 1000 fps. Yes you could damage your electronics, yes you could mechanically mess up the on/off, bolt action, and trigger assembly, these are hardly lawsuits. The only real danger you face external to the marker is full auto.

If it happens off the field, you should have a barrel sock or plug anyways. If not the lawsuit may be against you! If it were to happen on a field, well I sure as hell would make the best of it and go for a few kills.
    The things we are talking about doing are not new ideas, they have all been done by other manufactures and there has not been any million dollar lawsuit so please stop acting like you are some ****ing god, get off your horse, and shut the hell up. I think with your attitude you should take a break from playing paintball or posting on the forums because the reality is your not the one to make the decision anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by TARGET PACTICE
    You, my friend, are an idiot. Maybe you should pull your head out of your rectal cavity long enough to sell of everything AGD-related that you own, then head on over to PBN.
    No Target you’re the idiot!!! This has everything to do with money but I am willing to bet your education is too limited to know that. And if you are tired of people asking questions about 4.2 then please don’t bother reading this thread anymore. The fact that this thread has received so many views in only a few weeks is testament that others are interested in it!

This thread is being locked.

It's just started heading down the toilet, think of it as a courtesy flush.
    Potatoboy!