Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4.0 software

4.0 software

Does any one know how to program or change the words that come up when you turn the gun on, or if it is posible to change at all?

• Gold PTP E-mag micro 1 of 24 +/- w/Pewter X-valve
    • E-valved micromag
    • Warped Sportz Lucky Kit
    • Flatline 68/3000
    • Oh yea don't forget 4.0
    • 2K4 A-bomb
    • Function Trigger and Bolt,Hybrid LPR, Volumizer, Ram and barbs

not on the 4.0 no.
    Email me for low prices on ALL AGD Products and more. tunaman5@verizon.net
    Tunamart

O.k. what about 3.2?

And does anyone know if AGD is going to fix 4.0 and maybe reissue it as 4.1 or soemthing?

Pat

4.0 software

THanks Tuna, 4.0 and 4.01 are not a bad software it is more a hardware issue, i think it may be caused by the HES, one reason I think this is I have a friend that has a timmy with a magnetic actuatied trigger and he can bust out 29 by holding the trigger in the right place with no bounce the gun just goes full auto, I dont have this problem until my battery is 98% dead wich I would never play with it that dead any way, but I think it may be a HES noise issue, havent had a chance to check out more sensitive or diffrent HES sensors just what I think off hand.

Since the emag has been discontinued, I doubt there will be any more software upgrades.

Team Sandbaggers.
    -We own j00 all.-

cont...

As I recall talking to a AGD Tech, the reason that 4.0 was recalled was due to a safety issue?!?!? Not sure, but he said they my fix it and allow owners to send theres in for the udate. To the best of my knowledge there is nothing beyond 4.0 at this time.

Pat

I got 4.01 on mine with no problems. They'll have to pry it out of my cold dead board

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Excuse my ignorance. What is the difference between all the diffferent e/x - mag software out there? I am looking at either buying an X-mag, 2k4 Timmy, Viking, or Custom Dallara Devilmag. (wish I could kidnap the hair from nicad ) Hoping some more info on the subject will sway me towards the X-mag.

My apologies for jacking this thread.

hmmm, I had 4.01 since I bought my Emag... Tuna recently flashed it down to 3.2...

I had full auto issues and neither me, or Tuna could get it working properly

Want to make my own bios!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Dog
    hmmm, I had 4.01 since I bought my Emag... Tuna recently flashed it down to 3.2...

I have seen this allot on the different forums.

Does anyone know what equipment you need and the programming language the bios is in? I would like to play around with making a custom bios, any help would greatly be appreciated!

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Cryer
    Since the emag has been discontinued, I doubt there will be any more software upgrades.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by eadtf
    I have seen this allot on the different forums.

Does anyone know what equipment you need and the programming language the bios is in? I would like to play around with making a custom bios, any help would greatly be appreciated!

Pat
    BIOS?

If you're serious, and you don't know how to do assembly or embedded systems programming - you'll need to learn that first before it can even be attempted. If you do, then I have to wonder why the question was asked in the first place.

Title goes here!

Well rather than posting something that someone else could read and find useful you decided to post so rhetorical crap!

Good Moderation!!! Miscue

As stated before:

Well rather than posting something that someone else could read and find useful you decided to post so rhetorical crap!

Good Moderation!!! Miscue

As stated before:
    It's not a BIOS, it's a microcontroller.

My answer was not rhetorical crap. Your correct response was: I don't know how to do that, where do I start? or: I do know how to do that (Followed by good questions that someone who knows how to would ask).

This is what you need to know and understand:
    http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/p...ts/DOC0839.PDF

Go through that, and you'll be on your way to writing your custom software.

This is what you need to know to program the display:
    http://cp.literature.agilent.com/lit...988-4161EN.pdf

This might be helpful as well:
    http://www.egr.uh.edu/Courses/ECE/EC...5963-7071E.pdf

Enjoy.

Software

There will be a test over all 130 pages on friday.

I've got experience in embedded systems, but I don't have the $400 it'll cost to buy a set of emag lowers to mess around with. I'm thinking perhaps I should just make my own gripframe and stick some E-Mag jewels on it :P

Title Goes Here

Thank you for pointing me the the right direction.

I dont know if anyone remembers but about 8 months ago I had posted up a solderless fix to eliminate the wierd noise caused by 3.2 + that made the e-mags go full auto. I'm not sure if this fix worked with 4.0 however.

I wish I still had a link to the photo tutorial I had, but my previous hosting provider wiped out all of my data w/o giving me a backup *those bastards! *

FragTek Customs - Cyborg Owners Group
    AO Feedback - PBN Feedback
    "AGD is good because 2/3 of their name is AGG " - DiRtY HiPpY

Quote Originally Posted by FragTek
    I dont know if anyone remembers but about 8 months ago I had posted up a solderless fix to eliminate the wierd noise caused by 3.2 + that made the e-mags go full auto. I'm not sure if this fix worked with 4.0 however.

I wish I still had a link to the photo tutorial I had, but my previous hosting provider wiped out all of my data w/o giving me a backup *those bastards! *
    Sorry, but it wont work on the 4.0.

booooooo!

O.k. Passed it Off to a Friend...

I had a look at the articles, does not seem to be too hard to learn but will take sometime. I also provided a friend of mine the info as he knows embedded systems programing. However, until I come up to par on learning it, or my friend makes a stable product.

Is there anyone who can program an X-Mag to have a mode of fire selector:

MODE = FULL, BURST, SHOT

Full = Full Auto
    Burst = 3 Shot
    Shot = Single

Better yet if anyone could mod the board and make a plugin ROM Chip with each of these Modes on them, this would allow you to keep it tournament legal since you would have to pull the grip to change the chip for the different rates of fire you want.

Any Help, Any Idea, What do you think?

Pat

I had a look at the articles, does not seem to be too hard to learn but will take sometime. I also provided a friend of mine the info as he knows embedded systems programing. However, until I come up to par on learning it, or my friend makes a stable product.

Is there anyone who can program an X-Mag to have a mode of fire selector:

MODE = FULL, BURST, SHOT

Full = Full Auto
    Burst = 3 Shot
    Shot = Single

Better yet if anyone could mod the board and make a plugin ROM Chip with each of these Modes on them, this would allow you to keep it tournament legal since you would have to pull the grip to change the chip for the different rates of fire you want.

Any Help, Any Idea, What do you think?

Pat
    Why?

Has it been made public what the problem is? I can't recall seeing anyone say more than "it is a hardware problem."

I would love to get my hands on a copy of 4.01. I've been toying with my own software in my spare time, but I don't really have all the time I would need to implement all those wonderful features. I was happy just to get the display to change when I pull the trigger.

Lee

It's an un-resolved issue. Some guns will accept it fine, others will full auto and ramp like crazy.

Miscue:

What is the difference between 4.0 and 4.01? You flashed my Emag to 4.0 at the AO CA day. I'm quite happy with it, no full auto on mine. Just curious what changed in 4.01.

Title

Quote Originally Posted by Miscue
    Why?

Well I suppose it depends on how many markers you have and what your apintball interest is. I have an RT: Single Shot, I have an Angel: Single, Burst, Full, and I have an X-Mag. It would be nice if my X-Mag did what my Angel did as I am a die-hard AGD fan. But depending on the Games you play, speed ball: single and burst would be great, scenario clearing a house or a building: full auto is nice.

But I suppose more than anything else, if it is capable of doing it, why not allow me to make the decision on how to use it?!?!

Anyways, I am going to purchase another board and try to open up the capabilites of the X-Mag.

Does anyone know who has the source code for full auto? I figure that somwhere between 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 and a full auto source will lie the 3 round burst mode. once that is accomplished you just have to get them all on the single ROM.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Blennidae
    Miscue:

What is the difference between 4.0 and 4.01? You flashed my Emag to 4.0 at the AO CA day. I'm quite happy with it, no full auto on mine. Just curious what changed in 4.01.
    I get to answer that!

The solenoid dwell time was shortened which helped the marker at speeds over 20 bps. With 4.0 you needed to boost the input pressure on the tank so that the recharge assisted the noid in resetting the sear. With 4.01 the solenoid kicks in sooner and you can lower your input pressure back down a bit. Basically you can use a preset tank with greater success if you shoot over 20 bps with 4.01 than 4.0.

do I get a cookie for that?

Eadtf- The source code is kept under lock in key and I get the very distinct impression that one of us outsiders will have it when we pry it from Tom's cold lifeless fingers and not before...

Quote Originally Posted by Z-man
    Basically you can use a preset tank with greater success if you shoot over 20 bps with 4.01 than 4.0.
    Thanks for the info. I don't have to worry then. The best I have ever done according to the BPS counter was 19. If I ever do get any faster, I can always up the output on the flatline.

You know that burst modes and full auto modes aren't allowed in scenarios nor in regular play.

Well I suppose it depends on how many markers you have and what your apintball interest is. I have an RT: Single Shot, I have an Angel: Single, Burst, Full, and I have an X-Mag. It would be nice if my X-Mag did what my Angel did as I am a die-hard AGD fan. But depending on the Games you play, speed ball: single and burst would be great, scenario clearing a house or a building: full auto is nice.

But I suppose more than anything else, if it is capable of doing it, why not allow me to make the decision on how to use it?!?!

Anyways, I am going to purchase another board and try to open up the capabilites of the X-Mag.

Does anyone know who has the source code for full auto? I figure that somwhere between 3.2, 4.0, 4.1 and a full auto source will lie the 3 round burst mode. once that is accomplished you just have to get them all on the single ROM.

Pat